4 o'clock munchies

I am new to weight watchers (2 days in) and so far I have planned out my meals and exercise and done brilliantly right up until I walk through the door after work then I undo all my hard work by eating and eating. I am eating healthy food which are no points like a banana and satsumas etc but they just don't fill me up then I hit the cake/biscuits...

What do you fill up on that doesn't destroy all your hard work?

Many thanks,

YG

Malted milk biscuits (1pp) with a cuppa.

Jaffa cakes also 1pp. But ive bought some mini ones from morrisons so i can have 4 for 2pp and makes me feel like im eating loads lol.

You can have mini rolls for 3pp if you want something cakey. or a kitkat for 3pp is you want chocolate.

Theres loads of fun size chocolate thats 2pp a serving :)

Make a pan of healthy 'free' soup ? or even consider a bowl of porridge with grated apple and cinnamon 3pp (Much more filling than biscuits and less points!), 2 slices of WW or Hovis toasted with a can of tomatoes for 2pp ?

I actually quite like some of the WW biscuits (digestives 1pp or 2 for 3pp) or their cake slices, especially the coconut or belgian chocolate ones (2pp each) if you fancy something sweet. The soup as mentioned by Howie is a good idea too.

I completely misread your post, thought you want low point snacks d'oh. Sorry.

But if im feeling peckish I'll have a cup of tea, usually the sweetner in it curbs my cravings.

I completely misread your post, thought you want low point snacks d'oh. Sorry.

But if im feeling peckish I'll have a cup of tea, usually the sweetner in it curbs my cravings.

Snap..I do exactly the same...

Thank you for all the great idea's everyone. I think it will take a week or two to get my head around what is healthy and low points for a snack. I love tomatoes and toast - great idea, and filling too!! I'll make a big batch of free soup this weekend. I have done much better today and not indulged at all (I am currently snacking on some sweet cherry toms...) I think this diet is going to be a good lesson in portion control and good food choices.

Thanks again everyone.

YG

I usually get the 3.30-5 munchies! The time between getting my daughter home from school and my OH getting in from work so i can get the tea on. I've been having a hot drink and WW biccies to curb my cravings, if that doesnt work i'll have a banana and take my time eating it. Give my cravings a chance to settle without me jumping to the next thing.

I find that if I have a cup of tea I want a biscuit or something with it so I've started drinking green tea in the afternoon. It's actually quite nice once you get used to it but seems to curb my hunger much better.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have got better as the week has gone on and made myself eat a banana and some cherry tomatoes. I think my body is beginning to adjust as I am coping better and not as hungry. Weigh in day tomorrow so we'll see.... Next week should be better still as I get to grips with the pro points more and more!

Thanks again,

YG

Back