4 stone down...about ten to go!

Hey guys I'm always here to support. Just thinking on what some of you have said, I am really struggling to accept my new body. I have lost 4 stone but don't feel any lighter. Every now and then I will see my body in the mirror and genuinely not recognise myself. Really wierd feeling. X
I actually posted about this in another thread. I have lost over 10 stone and I don't think I look any different. I always thought when I lost a significant amount I would feel so much better and oddly enough I don't. I think Chezz is right it does take our minds a lot longer to take it in. But so far your doing really well.

Hey country bumpkin! Welcome to the forum. I know how you feel cos I've lost 5st and stil about 7 to go so we can support each other :)

We got this

hi dawn well i fell off the plot after my holiday but going to get back on track on monday exercise walking again
how are you getting on xx

Hey chezz,

Aw it's so easy done after a holiday isn't it? But it's good you've got a plan to get back on track! You can do it hun :)

I'm doing well, last two weeks have been slow, only 1lb off both times but I suppose it's at least going in the right direction. I think it's time for me to up the exercise lol! X

hi dawn
i always say if its just a 1lb its a loss and its going the right way
yes your right about the holiday wow it just seems to creep back on just shows how easy it can be done
fingers crossed for tomorrow hope to get a loss this week x x x

Absolutely! I'm delighted its still going in the right direction :)

Definitely, I've my fingers n toes crossed for you, let me know how you get on hun xx

willdo dawn today been a good day just need it thunder so i can get the exercise done x
hope you have had a good day to xx

Well that's another week done at water aerobics, that is 4 now and I definitely feel myself getting fitter :) also I think it helps my confidence oddly enough lol.

Does anyone else take any exercise classes or is there anything you'd recommend? Would love to do more and keep this weight loss going! Best do it whilst I'm in the right frame of mind :) xx

A lot of people love zumba. ask in your local leisure center what classes there are. im going to do water zumba although i am terrified! most gyms when you join (mine works out at a tenner a week) gets a fitness instructor to give you a personal training session where they give you a work out schudle and check you gain in a few weeks. I had mine yesterday although i had to ask the gym to do it. great for confidance and gives you something t work towards. does the water aerobics hurt the next day? im having trouble with that. supposed to go every second day but i cant see myself going, hurts very badly when i move i think i overdid it

Hey Celtgirl!

Thanks for the tip! I've heard a lot of people praise Zumba, would love to give it a blast :)

I'm thinking of rejoining the gym but my only fear is boredom cos I prefer classes.

The water aerobics is amazing, your whole body is supported by the weightless environment but the resistance also gives you a harder workout. I hurt the first few times but not too much anymore, at least not enough to put me off. If anything I've noticed I feel more flexible and much fitter. I sometimes have a problem with cramp in my right calf but I've been given exercises to work that out and hopefully can sort it.

Really excited to look into water Zumba, it sounds incredible!!

Thanks
Dawn x

i really do need to look into these classes at my baths

Back