4 stone less! Fandabbydozzy!

Its been a busy, fun way of exercising today...shopping at Fosse Park with my mum who like to wander off all the time. My Christmas shopping is now truly established and the 3 of us (hubby, mum and I) looked so funny sitting in the car drinking our tetra paks. Hubby and I have both got new clothes for our works christmas do's which are coming up. My mum payed for them which was a nice surprise. She said it was for us both doing so well. My clothes look great and even I agreed that I looking flippin good in the mirror in Evans. A nice silky oriental looking blouse which is a grey/black colour with white embroidery and some black trousers that fit me perfectly!

At my mums tonight was my bruv's partners girl who happens to weigh 4 stone. She enjoyed the attention as we lifted her to realise that was what we had been carrying around til recently. No wonder we feel loads better and have more energy. It was scarily heavy. Wow! Made me feel great anyway.

Helen

P.S. My mum has weighed already at home and has lost 10 lbs in 4 days but she has lived on the loo almost weeing non-stop!

Well done to your mum you and DH, you are all brilliant.

My daughter weighs 3 and a half stone and carrying her is a nightmare! Brings it all home what we carried before!

Well done to you all x

Yes, it shows you how efficient our body is, being able to carry it so effectively doesn't it!! Could you imagine carrying around a child all day? Once they get over 1 stone, they start feeling heavy - let alone if you had to do your housework with them on your back! Also, a loss of 8 stone in your household - hats off to you!! That means you should have room for an extra (small) person in your bed now!

Well done on your loss, am so glad that you found something that you like for the party season and that people are noticing your shape already.

Good Luck with the scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed for positive results.

Well its the scan tomorrow/today. I know I'd normally turn to food for comfort right now but instead we went to aquafit. I feel I'm struggling to resist food right now and thought that losing all that weight would make me strong ...but it hasn't. We are on week 12 which is the longest I have been on a diet ever. 11 weeks was my previous record on an atkins type diet.

Yep... our bed and cars are certainly greatful for us being 8 stone less!

I'm dreading tomorrow as I will get to soon find out if I have a cyst or more likely fibroids. If they find nothing then whats stopped us trying to concieve for nearly a year? Because of all of this I know the outcome is negative regardless. I keep reading stuff online which kind of helps but also makes me feel worse.

Helen :confused:

P.S. My mums birthday was today (27th) and she got ferraro roche and a huge box of milk tray. Even she was tempted after a few days hehe. She normally gets toiletries from the 2 said people so she wasn't impressed.

Well, another good weight loss this week. 5lb was a shock but our CD counseller was adamant her new scales were exactly the same as the other ones. My mum lost 13 lbs for her first week which she was very pleased with.

She chatted non-stop to the counsellor and I couldn't help but cringe as she went on about toilet habits...erm...me...her entire week and lots more. I informed her that we don't normally chat at such lengths and she didn't get my meaning bless her. She insists she needs a zipped file for her stuff which she took with her. I don't know...

My scans went well. They went a lot quicker than I was warned. I was told after by the sonographer that she hadn't seen anything obvious but I was to phone my doctor next week for the results. I'm assuming that means no reasons known for such heavy bleeding.

Oh well... my thing about being so fat that I can't concieve was probably right all along. (Due on so not feeling great about myself right now:( and tearful too)

Was given a box of chocs tonight for helping out a parent. Will donate them to the staffroom as choc goes down well especially with the stress of the Christmas concerts looming.

Helen

Hi Moley30

Hope this is the correct way to reply to your diary post. I found it very inspirational to read your journey so far. I've only started SS today, so I'm a complete newbie.

Its great to read only peoples stories, its just amazing to read your day 1, 2, 3 then your losses, then your huge losses, reading your posts has really egged me on.

Don't feel teary, your amazing

Hi Helen,

Just popping back to check on ya. Hope your feeling less teary, the best thing is that you are so on your way to goal, 4 stone in 12 weeks is a formidable amount of weightloss.
Your an encouragement to the likes of me who are only at the bottom of the hill looking up at the rest of ye, knowing if you all can do it then so can we...

Cheers

Hi Helen, I have just read your diary from page 1 and I just wanted to say to your husband and yourself you two are amazing:), I have really enjoyed reading about your journey and how determined you both are, oh and now mum too:). I guess you've had loads of advice from nice people regarding pregnancy but I just wanted to say that worry plays a major part in not conceiving, I know it sounds silly but with your weight loss and your husbands, if you relax and concerntrate on the weight loss you might just be very surprised:), I have a friend who was 37 and she and her hauband were very worried that they would not have a child, they'd been trying for 7 years:(, well to cut a long story short she had all the tests you've had and she came back "normal", he had loads of tests and he was "normal", well then weight came into it- Karen was 18 stone and hubbie I honestly don't know but he was a big guy, At the 15 stone mark and about a month after concerntrating on the weight instead of the baby she felt really ill- so went to doc thinking it was the diet, oh yes it was 2 month worth of a beautiful little boy. She had gone on to have 3 stone weight loss and another child. I guess what i'm really trying to say is concerntrate on your weight loss and let nature do the rest (at least for a few months), Really looking forward to reading how you get on:).Oh and ps I can't spell please don't give me too many black marks:)

Such kind people

A big thanx to Lottie-kins, Cazmaz and BiggirlSam for cheering me up (even tho' I felt like crying after reading your replies lol) and telling me things as they are.

I know that I don't help myself but I go through these waves of negativity where I think I must have done something wrong in my life to not be blessed with my own children at the age of 30. The pressure of the scans didn't help and then along came Aunt Flo (pd) anyway so emotions are high. I've thrown myself into sorting out my house as we have been in the throes of decorating and my brother has done the painting so he has done it in his own time in bits. We have got the swanky new chocolate brown sofa on its way next week. Our feature wall has been painted 'cookie-dough' colour and 'coffee liqueur' paint for the wood. The carpet is called 'biscuit'... what more food related house stuff can we get???? Looking good though.

Hubby put our progress pics together today and we are looking good even if I say so myself. James had loads of nice comments as he helped me on my 'Spin the wheel' game at the school Chrimbo fiesta. Many colleagues hadn't seen him for a while so were very impressed. We both resisted the turkey rolls we were offered and they were free!

Cazmaz - I hope you are coping well on your new diet. Its hard for me to imagine someone reading this and being inspired because I have kept this diary for myself. I used to look at people's weightlosses and think how am I ever gonna get there?...well I am doing ok and pootling along. I will try to catch BiggirlSam up...but my staff Christmas meal is on Friday so maybe not just yet! lol

I've got a week of rehearsing non-stop with my class ready for their concert the following week. I'm known for getting my children to do impressive dance routines. Somehow its not gonna happen this year but at least at 6 or 7 they still have a cuteness factor whatever they do!

Helen

P.S. I won't give you a black mark for dodgy spellings. They are more like freudian slips on here. Keep me chucklin anyway!

Last edited:
Feelin really down again!

I've just found out that one of my close friends is pregnant. That makes a count of 3 close friends now pregnant and me who has been trying for a year (and the longest) still not. Its really getting to me. I can't stop crying since I found out. I am convinced something is wrong with me ( as well as the fact that I resemble the back end of a bus) and I can't talk to anyone apart from hubby as my friend is only just pregnant confirmed yesterday. I am all nice and supportive to my friends faces and on the phone but getting myself in such a state behind closed doors. My other 2 close friends fell pregnant immediately. Its driving me crazy. I'm too scared to go to the doctors as I just know they will laugh at me and say I need to lose weight. I'm reminded how not pregnant I am every month when my period arrives and just think things aren't going to happen so I might as well just give up on the idea.

Oh Helen, please try not let it get you down as you don't want it to start sabotaging your excellent efforts. I know thats an easy thing to say, but you are doing everything that you can to get the 'climate' right for having a baby. Like biggirlsam said keep concentrating on your diet and take the pressure off the pregnancy situation for a while. Try and put it to the back of your mind and I'm sure if they haven't found anything medically wrong, your time will definitely come. I'm not sure how much you have to lose, but I'm sure that when you do get pregnant, you want to be as fit and healthy as possible and so maybe keep focussed on achieving that instead - whilst your eye is off the boil, you may find that things take care of themselves?

We started trying about a year ago, but I didn't catch either - after about 5 months, I decided to get my weight in order so that I'd be a healthy weight when I did get pregnant because I didn't want to risk any complications due to my weight. We never got to the stage of getting myself tested (he already has a son), but after the wedding, I think we'll be trying again and I think that my health is certainly a lot better now.

Regarding your friends, just think, you can get in a bit of practice before your own baby gets here.

Use your diary to vent your feelings of frustration, no one is going to judge you, it will just mean that you have a positive outlet and can try and get your head straight about it.

Anyway, hope you feel better today xxx

Unofficially I know I have hit my Christmas target already so I have something to be cheerful for!

After lots of tears, anger, hugs and talking with hubby I had a good nights sleep and felt better this morning. I really appreciate your support Lottie-kins. We had decided when we started CD that we would leave things til next year but after months of watching every change in my body it is hard to ignore when I am ovulating and all that. My friend who told me about being pg yesterday took 2 years to concieve her son and she is very healthy. We got married a week apart and have supported each other by having pre wedding chats then trying to concieve chats and now I feel like I've been left behind. 3 of us have just arranged to meet up next Friday. We are all 30 and went to school together. They are both pg. I'm already dreading it but would never say anything to them. I've become good at acting.

Anyway, been to the gym tonight. I managed 20 mins on the bike, toned up nicely then went on the rowing machines. My tiredness hit me then (went to bed late last night!) so only managed 6 mins. Going again tomorrow evening. Works Christmas do for both of us this friday so we'll be wearing our new outfits!!!!

Helen:eek:

Hi Helen,

Well done on reaching your Xmas goal already, you and hubby will rock in your new outfits, go and have a ball you deserve it.

talk soon

4 stone 7 lb!!!!!

Wahey, I've hit 4 1/2 stone loss now. Its my works Chrimbo do tomorrow night and its mackerel on rocket for starter, turkey dinner for main and cheese board for afters. I've never known in advance what I'll be drinking but it'll be water for sure tomorrow night.

Just a 2lb loss this week which is my lowest ever. Hubby and I have lost exactly the same amount now.

Helen:)

Hi Helen,

Cazmaz here, I can't explain it, but I really enjoy reading your diary, I've just sat and read it thru from scratch again, yourself and your hubby and now your mam's story really inspires me, hope you both looked a million dollars last nite at your works do, and that you really enjoyed every second. I actually took the day of work yesterday so I could get out of going to mine, but i'm only on day 9 of my journey so couldn't afford to break the diet to attend. I'm keeping my eye on the prize and thats 4 stone weight loss for me, I'm down 9.5lbs in as many days so I'm feeling really happy.

talk soon

Thanx Kazmaz. Its strange to me that my little life is actually interesting to you. I'm one of those people that should write a book really as my catchphrase is 'my life is never dull'. Things always happen to me or hubby. I often wish for a normal/dull day! lol If I wrote a book people would think I'd made it up.

I had a great night out last night. I enjoyed my food but felt very guilty eating certain foods that I really should have left on my plate e.g. crackers (with cheese not Christmas ones lol) and stuffing. The shocking thing was that I danced for pretty much 2 hours solid necking water all night as it was so hot. I felt great in my new clothes and my ankle didn't give me any grief until I got home. Hubby had his work do and he took longer to get ready than me wanting advice on how to do his hair and could he borrow some concealer to hide a huge spot that had appeared. We both wanted to make a big effort which shows how losing the weight has made us feel better about ourselves where we seem to show more respect.

I've been very tired today and my legs have ached terribly. I was pleased to notice my ketosis breath this morning showing that I was still burning fat. We had little energy to get the Chrimbo decs up today so its a job for tomorrow as well as getting to the gym.

Helen :)

Hi Helen,

Delighted to hear you had a good night out last night with hubby and congratulations on losing 4st. 7lbs that is fantastic!!!

How is hubby doing?

Love Mini xxx

Back