4 stone less! Fandabbydozzy!

Well, I managed to lose 2lbs this week which I was very pleased with. Although we plan to have non-diet times over Chrimbo it is sure gonna keep me on track to a certain degree as I have 3 lbs to go to 5 stone! We measured this week but my mum somehow managed to pick up my card as well as her own so I don't know my exact inch loss but its pretty impressive. The time has come to invest (haha) in some new bras. I think my efforts at the gym are certainly helping to lose weight on my back so bras are not great for me at the moment.

We had a family party last night and my mum decided to point out to everyone how great we look. She even made hubby stand up which he was very embarrassed about. My mum really can't cope with letting us deal with our weight loss in our own way. She wants to shout it from the rooftops but we'd rather not!

My auntie who we've not seen since our wedding in August, 2005, kept saying how pretty I am. I've always accepted that I have nice eyes and thats all I've ever said positively about myself. My face shape has changed which has accentuated my eyes and I do 'feel' prettier which again I accept. I'm not feeling that my body has improved. Maybe because I wear my clothes that fit me better so I'm not reminded how much I've lost. What a headcase I am! The thing is when I was younger I believed I was fat when I wasn't so I messed myself up with my poor mental image. Just because I was taller than my friends and not so naturally thin (my parents aren't either) I believed I was fat and looking back at photos now I can't believe how my mental image was so different to reality.

Anyhow, its Chrimbo eve and we have plans to redecorate the inside of the front porch. (Exciting life I lead lol)

Helen:)

Woo Hoo, congrats on the weightloss this week, specially after you'd been struggling a few days ago. Teaching me that perserverance and sticking with it through thick and thin??excuse the pun is the only way.

Hope yourself and hubby have a great Christmas

talk soon, Caz

Knock Knock, anybody in.....

Moley.....Moley.....are you home...I'm just popping past haven't heard from you in a few days.

Hi Helen, hope all is well with yourself and hubby..probably off enjoying your crimbo break, hope to hear from ya real soon though..

cheers Caz

I'm back!!!!

We have been on/off/on/off diet over the Chrimbo period. I've enjoyed eating, hated feeling bloated and felt guilty for over indulging. After 2 attempts to get back on the diet then caving in by tea time due to feeling so hungry both hubby and I have finally had time just consuming food packs and NO FOOD!

I'm keen to get to the gym tomorrow. My mum has been round tonight and she is doing really well...better than us. She has a goal to aim for as she is going to Scotland at the end of Jan. We are goal-less at the moment so its about time we got positive and start chipping into our weight loss once more. Over Christmas and the New Year I had a slight distraction as my period was 4 days late and I was convinced I was pg. I wasn't but I was actually able to deal with it better due to knowing I would really like to have lost more weight for my own sake to cope better with carrying added weight when/if I do get pg.

I've been back at work 3 days and I've been so flippin tired. Our new leather sofa sure is comfy which doesn't help either. Hubby and I are feeling good that our complete makeover of our lounge and stairs is complete. Its looking fab and a good incentive for keeping it tidy. Our cat, Milly, is refusing to walk on the new textured rug which is so funny. She'd rather leap around or jump over people! lol

We are back with our CDC on Thursday for the first time this year. We chose not to go this week as we had a huge amount of foodpacks and had not been following the diet so we agreed to start back next week. Hubby and I both put on 11 lbs during Christmas. Eeeeek! My clothes don't feel any different so hopefully the weight will fall off quickly.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Caz. I just haven't been on here maybe through guilt over Christmas but I'm back now! I hope you are good.

Helen x

Got no flippin voice!!!

I've been ill this week with a general cold but my throat was iffy. Woke up yesterday with no voice! Have had yesterday and today off work and basically can't go back until it returns as what good is a silent teacher???? lol

We've been finding it hard to totally stick to the diet particularly when not feeling well. I so desperately wanted comfort food which doesn't really come in the shape of chicken or cheese.

I'm gonna still be weighed today (don't need me voice for that!) and it'll be our first official weigh this year. Of the 11lb I put on over Christmas I have lost 7lbs of it me thinks but its just not a priority when ya feel crappy. I'm pleased to have lost any really. I stupidly thought I could lose it all for a week later ie today but 7lb in a week is good going particularly as I've consumed some proteiny food this week.

Helen

Hi Moley,

good luck tonite, sorry to hear about your throat, I'm in the same situation myself, got tonsillitus, doc put me on anitbiotics today for a week, I'm off work till Monday, got the flu as well ya see, feeling very weak but can manage to type online LOL....

Hi Helen,

I hope you got over your sore throat and that you and hubby are doing well.:confused:

Love Mini xxx

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Well, what a time its been since Christmas! Its been one thing after another. My laryngitis/flu type thing went on for 2 weeks and my throat is still iffy.

Its half term now so hopefully time to get back on track diet-wise and health-wise too. OFSTED were in school last Monday and Tuesday after giving 48 hours notice. :eek: Hubby and I spent the weekend either doing stuff in school or at home...doing school stuff. It was all worth it as we got a very good report and of my 2 lessons observed 1 was rated good and the other one 'outstanding'. I was very pleased with myself however the time before OFSTED during and after was not great on the diet front and food a plenty was consumed.

I've never really got into the diet properly since Christmas really but I'm determined to get back on track. I'm off on a school residential in 3 weeks time so I want to hit the 5 stone mark by then which I never officially got to.

Heres to a good week where I get back into visiting this place to keep me on track as well as getting to that gym a lot this week to keep busy!

Helen;)

Wooo Hoooo really glad to see your back, I was just thinking about ya last night when I was checking through my subscibed threads, but i knew you'd be back...

Cool.....

Cheers mate,

Its nice to see/hear a friendly face. Good to see you're doing well. Its been a wasted month but I'm determined to get this weight milarky sorted once and for all. It turns out someone at work was so inspired by me that she has since joined with the same councillor. I've yet to tell her about this place tho. Just hope she doesn't suss out who I am as I taught her daughter. lol

Helen

Its weigh-in day today. Hubby took yesterday off and we went to the gym! We also went for a swim then enjoyed the steam room, sauna and spa. It was really nice and all so healthy too.

We have booked our very cheap holiday to Norfolk and decided to plan ahead some days out. Hubby and I have never (been together 6 years) enjoyed the fun of fair rides together mainly because I wouldn't fit into the seats of the rides. We were talking about the idea of planning to go to Pleasurewood Hills for the day in August while that way and I've decided its my goal to aim for. My ultimate goal is to go abroad (couldn't afford it this year) where I sit on a plane doing my belt up with ease and not needing an extension. Even hubby had problems with sitting comfortably and it used to worry me before every holiday so I need to keep these things in my mind.

Its now nearly 16 months since we have been trying to concieve and I still can't face the idea of going to the doctors as I just know they'll say its because of my weight. Its been really tough this month as I've got 3 close friends and a colleague who are pg and 2 friends have their babies next month. They are all being great about it but they don't know how it feels going through all this. 2 of em got pg straight away. I've read online that being obese doesn't help but isn't the total reason for infertility and I've also read that quick weight loss can mess with ya hormones preventing conception. You can't do right for doing wrong!

Anyway, thats enough from me.

Helen ~~~~~ (my cat Milly's just done the squiggles hehe) she's so advanced lol

Weigh-in went ok. I knew it would take this week and next week to get back on track but I fully accept that. Where's this half term week gone? Better get some planning done for next week I s'pose. Determined to reach 5 stone loss very soon.

Helen x

Fed up!

Well, its back to work tomorrow andI'm not impressed with myself. Yet again we both ate lots of bad food after being weighed and continued to plough through bad food even buying in a bit more today. We both know it is so wrong and yet we still keep doing this to ourselves. I feel weak after stopping the bad food then just cave in and continue the eating. It means that yet again the weight has piled on and we have Monday to Thursday to get the weight off again. This bad routine we have got ourselves into has to stop.

Each Monday we have agreed to stick to the diet then 'treat' ourselves after being weighed. We have said that this will not happen this week. We need to break from all this messing around and stick to the flippin' diet once and for all.

:break_diet:

Helen

Each Monday we have agreed to stick to the diet then 'treat' ourselves after being weighed. We have said that this will not happen this week. We need to break from all this messing around and stick to the flippin' diet once and for all.

Helen

Helen & Hubby, warning...I'm going to be sharp here,

Step back from the food........throw it in the bin.....

What the heck, is :confused: "stick to the diet and treat after the weigh in ":confused: all about...Cambridge Diet Sole Source does not work that way....your only
:mad: 1. sabotaging yourselfs and
:mad: 2. making it SOOOoooo difficult for yourselves.

Time to stop looking back at where your going wrong and starting from the minute you read this post,,,start looking forward...you've done it before you can get back on it again.

I'm watching ya....;)

Hi Caroline,

Well...ta for the stern words. We hit crisis point tonight as hubby was about to just give up on the diet for a few weeks and after being so sick last night then piling on a load of water weight I was feeling pretty miffed to say the least. I did what I thought was the right thing to do and phoned our counsellor. I was brutally honest about how we have no intention to give up but can't seem to give up the food either good or bad!!

She told us she recommended we went onto 1000cals Step 3 and so at least we will still lose weight but it will slow down. After a week we are going to go to step 2 then hopefully get our backsides back to where they should be. At least buying in food at a weekly shop is better than nipping to the shop when ravenous.

We have planned exactly what we are having for the week and are going shopping tomorrow. It will fit in nicely with the school residential next week which I was a bit worried about. I've been teaching the children about healthy eating and living and then don 't even eat the healthy meals but have a drink instead!? By doing this step 3 I can have the same food. My biggest fear was putting on weight again and I really can't have this happening so although we are not in ketosis we are have low calories so shouls still lose weight.

I feel happier now and appreciate what you was trying to say to me. Thanks for caring

Helen

Awww, thanks Moley for updating.

Its sounds like yourself and Hubby have pulled yourselves back from the edge,and you sound so in control, so well done to you both.

Dont get me wrong, I'm no angel on this program, it is difficult but I don't believe in cutting my words, and basically being honest is better than waffling about it'll be alright etc...

Good luck with your weeks ahead, can't wait to hear how you both get on, but it does sound like the Moley and Hubby that I know, are back...WOO HOOO..:D

1000 cals is quite a bit of food and with 2 food packs! Its gonna be tough having shredded wheat for breakfast as well as a shake but am certainly not feeling hungry. Walked round Sainsbury's tonight and wasn't tempted by anything at all. Found it a chore going food shopping last night and must have covered miles trying to find particular ingredients for the recipes. I think next weeks 790 cals effort won't be such an effort.

I saw a colleague who is on maternity leave yesterday. She hadn't seen me since October which I had forgotten about. I was feeling quite harrassed and hadn't slept well the night before and she kept going on about how well I looked! I think it might have something to do with 4 stone off maybe...

My mum went to visit some relatives who couldn't make our wedding in August 2005. She took photos and was shocked how much we have both changed. Will make an effort to look at the photos at the weekend for an incentive me thinks!

Helen

Well done on taking Caz the right way Helen, (Caz - love the way you put it!!)... and for doing exactly the right thing and calling your CDC! Brill.. as for the comment from your colleague - that's simply wonderful :D How great that she commented too! I bet the difference is incredible! Hang on in there.. I talked about the CD1000 with my CDC and the amount of food you can have is incredible isn't it!!?? :D So lots of scope for yummy dinners AND the weight loss too!

Use photos or whatever else you can as incentives :) Photos will be good though.. I look at my old pics and keep promising I will never go back to that again.. not got any slim pics as never been slim.. lol.. so can't use them as an incentive!

Well done on losing so much already - hang on in there and you'll be seeing the lbs continue to vanish! :D All the best to you and hubby. x

Hey Moley and Hubby, if yer about I hope your both ok, and I know I'm a day, well a nite early but just popping past to say.....

Happy St. Patricks Day
Shona St. Padraigs Duit

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Its my 31st birthday today. Thanks minimins for wishing me happy birthday. I thought I'd better end my thread with my news that I can no longer do the cambridge diet as I am nearly 6 weeks pregnant. I've had to begin my 'just eating healthily' diet which is a bit strange after having very little food since September.

I never did quite get to grips with the diet after Christmas but I have told my counsellor that I will be tempted to go back after our baby is born as there is no other diet like this one for weightloss.

My due date is 5th December although my GP said it was 2nd December. I will keep checking on here to see whats going on. I have a lot to thank this website for as there are some fab people on here who really help when there is a need. Thanks to you all.

Helen x :D :D

P.S. Hubby has given up diet as well as he couldn't cope with me having food and him not. My mums still doing the diet and doing very well indeed!

Back