4 stone + to lose :D join me please x

hope everyones day has gone okay!

I tried WW and SW but failed at both, they just didn't work for me, I would lose a few lb then nothing for weeks and it would demotivate me loads. I tried the lunchbox diet and also juice fasting which is definitely the quickest but hardest way to lose, I lost 6lb in a week on that but its really expensive and hard to just drink juice all the time.
Calorie counting has definitely been the best way cos it teaches you that you can have what you want - but in moderation. I've been off dieting for so long and stuffing my face with 2000 - 3000 cals a day that i found it quite hard today to stick to 1200 calories, I went over by 250 but did some exercise to make up for it though I still think I went over really.

I'd love to be able to lose weight so my boobs shrink! Im a 36G and they really ruin my shape I think. If I stood next to someone with the same body but smaller boobs they'd look slimmer cos my boobs just make me look so heavy. It's my last day of college for 3 months and I am going to rinse the exercise! I plan to join my local no frills gym and do C25K and kettlebells too. Hopefully I'll shift quite a bit of weight before I start university!

thats why im liking calorie counting as my biggest issue was portion size, with calorie counting its learning to eat right portions and to eat in moderation!

I am finding it really difficult sticking to 1200 calories! I got really annoyed today, I was slightly hungry but I wasn't ready to eat so I had a can of cherry coke. I tracked this on the MFP app and it was a whole 150 calories I couldn't believe it! Had I of not had that then I'd have made my calorie goal today :( Im really shocked theres that many cals in a can of bloody cherry coke! Its almost as much as a chocolate bar!
I only thought the can would be about 50 cals lol, I don't drink fizzy drinks often. In the end I could only have an apple for lunch so I had enough cals left for dinner. Booo :(

Good news though, my leg is getting better though the bruise is horrific! So I'm hoping to get a jog in for C25K soon! :D

1200 is minimum cals its quite low! your still doing well if you wasnt cal counting how may more cans would it had been?
if you have a few more calories now thenwhen your down to last few lbs you can be stricter then.
so happy about your leg!

i had 700calorie dinner :s looked sooo healthy too can tell im learning!

I'm struggling today :(

what you struggling with?
whatws yor down fall?

MFP shouted at me yesterday because I only 'consumed' 800 or so calories. I had three meals too! Branflakes and a Yoghurt for Breakfast, my school lunch (Soup, Rice, Pork) and a Jacket Potato with beans for tea. I had 1000 calories left. I was a bit weird!

I find Fizzy drinks are generally best avoided. The Diet ones have all sorts of nasty stuff in them, like asparteme (linked to depression) and the full fat ones are just calories havens. And because you drink it rather than eat it, you don't really notice! It's much better to fill up on water or No Added Sugar squashes. I drink a litre of water a day at school. I've been doing so for almost four months and my skin and hair look so much better for it :) I always have a big water bottle on my desk. If I'm hungry I drink instead. It doesn't quite satisfy the craving but it helps. That being said, I do have the occasional Pineapple Fanta. Love that stuff!

Facing a challenge this weekend. Off with some friends for a girly weekend. I don't really want to drink and as they're all skinny, I doubt they'll understand my reasoning. Hopefully I can get away with drinking some orange juice and just saying there's some vodka in it or something. We're supposed to be going for Mexican tomorrow too. I'll let you know how it goes...

Afternoon Gemma.

I think it was the wine that did me....the other half poured me a glass, not had one in over a week, and it was before tea. I REALLY enjoyed it so had another! IT felt really naughty. Had few choccy buttons too. All in all, 350ish over, but still under the 2000 I need a day to maintain, so certainly not gain worthy! It just felt naughty at the time.

I have a real sweet tooth, so sweets and biccies are my downfall. Just eating my lunch and have got a penguin and a cuppa to finish off, should hit the spot :)

X

PS - Lost 4.2lb this morning!

Can I join you ladies? Just read through the thread and you are all in the same boat really. I have 5 stone to loose and would love to buddy up with people. I don't start properly till 27th though as my husband is away and I have my best friends birthday night out tomorrow. But as soon as Wednesday gets here that is it mine n my hubby's time to change! :D

Look forward to chatting and getting through this journey with you all. xxx

Hi Pixielocks, welcome :)

My downfall and what I struggle with is cakes and biscuits. I live with my parents at the moment until I head of to uni and my mum doesnt work and she loves to bake. So theres always some sort of cake in my house, and if its cheesecake then theres biscuits too :( she says I don' have to eat them just cos they're there lol BUT I DO!!!

Look in other forums for low cal cake recipes if your mum loves baking maybe she's open to baking something new x

Hi girls - can I join you? Feel in the same boat as you all 0 have 4 stone ish to lose. Just tried lipotrim for a couple of weeks and shifted a stone but it was rank and made me really miserable! Cal counting now and really enjoying it - love mfp but not heard of the C25K thing??
Been doing a lot of walking, got a little boy (2yrs) so at nap times I bung him in his buggy and fire up the ipod..only prob is I can't help singing along and am prob very loud!
I'm sallyc6 on mfp xx

Find it hard to stick to calorie allowance on weekends, how are you guys doing?

I went to a friend's on fri nite for a meal and altho I didn't eat loads I still gained a pound! I did have a' couple' of wines! That's how hard it is for me to lose weight..any slip up off diet and I gain! It's really irritating

I went to a friend's on fri nite for a meal and altho I didn't eat loads I still gained a pound! I did have a' couple' of wines! That's how hard it is for me to lose weight..any slip up off diet and I gain! It's really irritating
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm exactly the same, sometimes just even sniffing a high calorie food makes me gain. Baffling sometimes

Hi Pixielocks, welcome :)

My downfall and what I struggle with is cakes and biscuits. I live with my parents at the moment until I head of to uni and my mum doesnt work and she loves to bake. So theres always some sort of cake in my house, and if its cheesecake then theres biscuits too :( she says I don' have to eat them just cos they're there lol BUT I DO!!!

I feel your pain. Losing weight at home is something I really struggle with. I found it much easier at University and now here, because I'm in control and the only person responsible for tempting myself is me. Have you spoken to your Mum about it? My Mum was really helpful once I told her.

My girly weekend was awesome but I paid for it on the scale. +2lbs Not feeling too despondant as I'm not going away this weekend and I'm planning on doing plenty of exercise. Got to keep motivated! Certainly won't let this stop me... particularly as it was worth it. Though I wasn't pleased when we went out to breakfast to an American Style Diner. No healthy options at all. :(

She does make the cakes as low-cal as possible - using light/low fat versions where possible. She knows I've been on/off dieting for the last 2 years but even if I ask her not to bake anything, just for a few days or a week she says why should everyone else go without just cos I can't control myself and not eat it! My mum is supportive most of the time, sometimes its even over bearing - she watches everything I eat and even if I have a biscuit at 70cals an well within my daily budget of calories she's make a snide comment. She thinks she's being supportive but it just p*sses me off lol.

I overate a little yesterday, having a M&S profiterole dessert but I did 20 mins of kettlebells later in the evening to make up for it. I have weighed myself today and I've lost 2lb which is good :D I've been finding it easier to stay within 1200 calories by having a meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch and eating healthy snacks inbetween. Because I make my shakes with water and not milk it means I can afford to eat more snacks, I'm having a 99cal choc bar, banana, biscuit and nuts as my snacks so its 50/50 treat/fruit lol (thats my version of a balanced diet haha!) I don't plan on doing the shakes for long though, probably 2-3 weeks max until my stomach shrinks a bit lol.

I find it hard sticking to my cals at the weekend too, mostly because I spend time with my OH - my downfall at the weekends is beer! We always get beer and play XBOX or watch films and I can often drink 2-4 bottles an evening for 2 or 3 evenings though I've not drank since my bike accident! :rolleyes:

Bike accident I hope you are ok. So you make shakes with water ? I presume it's slim fast shakes, so how many cals made with water? And how does it taste? I think I will try it, I find it hard to get a brekki as I leave the house at 7am and am getting ready before that. So if I can have a shake in the car for brekki in way to work it could work out very good for me to kick start my metabolism in morning.

I actually have the wilko strawberry shake mix cos its less sugar than the slim fast, its 112 calories. I also have the wilko meal replacement bars for 99 cals they're quite nice. Another good thing about mixing it with water is that you can have more water if you want so its a bigger meal, I have about 325ml, 75ml more than what you would have if you had milk - and to me the taste and texture is no different than if it was made with milk; its still thick and creamy and sweet :)

Back