40 & losing it.....

Don't panic!! Fluctuations happen for no apparent reason, especially in women. Don't start second guessing what you've been doing, because it has been working. Honestly, all sorts of things can affect the number on the scales. Sometimes it's best just to stay off the damned things! I had my first day off plan in Saturday, of the four I'm taking off for my birthday, and when I weighed yesterday my weight had gone up by four pounds - in one day!! But I know it wasn't fat, I didn't eat THAT much, lol. Water weight can do an awful lot of damage on the scales, and that's probably what it is with you - not because you've been off plan at all, but for some other reason. Hang in there, please - it really is worth it! :) xx

Thanks Tracy you always know what to say to me!

I hope you had a great birthday and enjoy your time off plan you deserve it xxx

Thanks, hon, I am enjoying some naughtiness, lol. My actual birthday is tomorrow - having a new Kindle, which I'm looking forward to, being a huge gadget geek! :D

Hope you're feeling a bit more positive now - I know it's very disheartening to see a gain, especially when it's unwarranted, but do try not to let it affect your moving forwards. :) xx

Happy Birthday for tomorrow hope you are doing something lovely x

I'm a little more positive, just frustrated! I could accept a gain if I'd had a bad week (wish I had now!) I see others having great losses every week and then there's me. I shouldn't feel sorry for myself but I Do!!! I'm sure I will be fine, got to be only two weeks to get some off before I'm back at the doctors xxx

Last edited:
Came to bed early really struggling today just want to eat naughty stuff and keep thinking why not if I'm going to gain when being good. At doctors for my monthly wi next Thursday and so far I've put 1lb on, had a sneaky wi today and sts, not my official wi until Monday but I need to get a handle on this. Really down x

Came to bed early really struggling today just want to eat naughty stuff and keep thinking why not if I'm going to gain when being good. At doctors for my monthly wi next Thursday and so far I've put 1lb on, had a sneaky wi today and sts, not my official wi until Monday but I need to get a handle on this. Really down x

Chin up lovely!!!! I came to bed at 830 after my bath as I'm on a fast day & grumpy xx

Thanks Lexie hopefully I will be more positive today lol! I just can't figure out why I'm not losing, I do feel bloated and bunged up if you know what I mean (that's been about 4 days since I've been tmi lol) the only other thing is I'm ovulating (i always know when as I get terrible pain as I get cysts on my ovaries and have one at the moment) so painful and I don't think not been able to go to the loo helps! Sorry once again tmi! Maybe a mixture of these things are working against me at the minute.

How do you find the fasting? Someone I work with does 5:2 and says I should try it as I don't tend to eat breakfast she thinks that would work then just have 500cals the rest of the day? I wouldn't eat until either 1.30 or about 6.30pm? Would that work along Zen? If doctor gives me more after this month lol x

I'm sure being bloated and bunged up won't be helping on the scales at all! Stay strong, it will start coming down again!! :) xx

5:2 I love it! I'm sure it would work fine with xen, I don't eat til lunchtime when I'm on my fasting days. This is a way of life I can stick at, for me to lose weight now if cal counting I could only eat 1200 cals which was just depressing x

Thanks, I just thought doing something like that when I come off xen then hopefully that will keep me losing? With me having so much to lose does it work when you have lots to shift! X

Thanks, I just thought doing something like that when I come off xen then hopefully that will keep me losing? With me having so much to lose does it work when you have lots to shift! X

Seems to for a lot of people, I lost 21lbs in 15 weeks but I'm close to target now so it's slower x

Thanks Lexie thinking I will give it a try! Which is the best book to read/diet to follow? I might have this wrong but is there a few different? X

Thanks Lexie thinking I will give it a try! Which is the best book to read/diet to follow? I might have this wrong but is there a few different? X

I go by the 5:2 official which was written by Michael Moseley & there was a programme on bbc too. Kate Harrison has also written one (1.99 on kindle) I've just bought it but it's simple really 2 days at 500 cals & 5 days normal eating, not over the top stupid eating I do 16-1700 x

Thanks again you did great 21lbs in 15 weeks! I'm going to give it a go whilst taking Zen, can't hurt if I stay in rules of both lol! At least then I won't be to panicked if the doctors won't give me another month on Zen. Back up plan in place! Thanks for all your help with this your so kind x

Thanks again you did great 21lbs in 15 weeks! I'm going to give it a go whilst taking Zen, can't hurt if I stay in rules of both lol! At least then I won't be to panicked if the doctors won't give me another month on Zen. Back up plan in place! Thanks for all your help with this your so kind x

That's what I'm here for honey, we are all here to help each other xx

I know I just hope you and Tracy know how much it means to take time out of your lives to help others, it's so fantastic and just means the world (especially when all I do is moan and whinge!) Xxx

I know I just hope you and Tracy know how much it means to take time out of your lives to help others, it's so fantastic and just means the world (especially when all I do is moan and whinge!) Xxx

No you don't. I am the Queen of freak outs or I was until about 2 weeks ago, not sure what's happened......

Aww, hon, that's so nice of you to say! And you don't moan and whinge at all, we all have our moments anyway, this losing weight is hard!! :) xx

You're telling me it's hard! If chocolate was healthy I'd be a size zero lol x

Back