40 pounds in 5 months??

Yummymummy23

I want to lose 40 pounds by June, that's 2.86 stone is that doable?? In a healthy weight loss?? Jus want to be ready for summer I'm divorced with a 2 year old it's been two years since I been out lost my confidence ex called me fat n ugly n left me, jus want to start going out even going to asda is hard ?

Anything is possible! Stick to the plan and you'll be there or close to it by June.
(Your ex sounds charming I must say! Just imagine his face when you lose all the weight, don't let him know how upset he made you, just look fab and forget about him).

Yes you can do it. It will mean sticking to plan with no slips but you can do it.
It is amazing how your confidence is boosted as you lose the weight. I know I even walk differently now and my confidence is intact. It wasn't before.

I was married to a charmer like your ex for 20 years. He was awful. I now know and understand that it was his own insecurities that he was feeding. Turn the page , forget him if you can. The new slimmer you will herald a new life,

hugs xxxx

Perfectly do-able!

You should plan yourself a big shopping spree when you get close to target too - having great new clothes will do wonders for your confidence too!

Thank you so much all of you it's so nice to hear supportive positive words, helping me stick to this I can do it :) and wow 20 years I took it for 4 n sucked the energy right out of me don't know how you coped for so long.

Lots of hugs xx

Of course you can. If you want you can join our team '6 months to sexy' most of us want to lose around 2/3/4 stone by June.

Just take it one day at a time and you will lose. Set yourself a challenge to get out of your comfort zone once a week, to boost your confidence, as sticking to the diet is the easy thing. Oh and your ex... what an idiot.

Awww I'm really truly amazed by the positive support on here we're all strangers yet we're not, I can't explain that lol, you guys have gave me a real push, thank you, yes I would love to join the group just getting used to using this on iPhone can't use my laptop much as little one doesn't let me.. Yes ex is a big cheating idiot but it's forget the past n bright future here we come!! X

Yes ex is a big cheating idiot but it's forget the past n bright future here we come!! X

Good for you. I put up with my serial , adulterer husband for 20 years for the sake of our son only to find out from DS that he was so much happier after we had split up. He hated the atmosphere we lived in thanks to his cheating, lying father.

I wasted 20 years, you have gone down the right route.

Yes I took him back a couple if times before I picked up the courage and unfortunately the courage was because he hit me n my son...this was all in my sons first year so I've promised myself first n last won't let anyone hurt him emotionally ir physically again.. Yes I can totally understand why your son is happier because that negative atmosphere is harder for innocent vulnerable children it's just not fair on them.. SW is my second step to picking myself up, my first is always my son..I hope you have overcome it all 20 years is a very long time, if you ever need a chat feel free to msg me.. ( when I work it out :s) xx

I want to lose 40 pounds by June, that's 2.86 stone is that doable?? In a healthy weight loss?? Jus want to be ready for summer I'm divorced with a 2 year old it's been two years since I been out lost my confidence ex called me fat n ugly n left me, jus want to start going out even going to asda is hard ?
Firstly allow me to apologise on behalf of my species/gender! - we're not all so tactless or barstewards.

Secondly, If you want to lose that weight in that time it is possible, depending on how much you have to lose in total. If you only have that amount to lose, you may find it slows down as you get near to target.

Give it a go - you have nothing to lose - well, apart from the weight!;)

Steve

Maximus said:
Firstly allow me to apologise on behalf of my species/gender! - we're not all so tactless or barstewards.

Secondly, If you want to lose that weight in that time it is possible, depending on how much you have to lose in total. If you only have that amount to lose, you may find it slows down as you get near to target.

Give it a go - you have nothing to lose - well, apart from the weight!;)

Steve

Ha ha thanks yep certainly put off your gender and Its been almost 2 years now :eek: only jokin I know ur not all the same and my little man is the best, yes that's all I want to lose that's what I'm worried bout don't want to slow down too soon as I'm not very good at staying focussed and motivated, thank you, let's see what happens..x

Well, to be honest, neither am I. I usually look for any excuse to pack it in but SW has made me stronger despite everything thrown at me in the last year or so.

Make no mistake about it, SW was my last chance saloon, and like a desperate man/person, nobody wants to give up their last chance.

Just set a load of mini-targets and tick them of one at a time.

Remember there is so much help and expertise available on here as well as at group etc.

Just to let you know after losing 31lb myself, I have now lost 40lb with SW in 17 weeks.

I am 15lb from target to give you an idea:)

Steve

Thanks Steve, not sure how I am going to be as never stuck anything for more than 3 days so will judge how the weight is shifting and set mini goals in a couple of weeks as don't want to get disappointed..

You've done really well, well done!! It's the success stories on here that handcuffing helped me continue.

I know sw is more a healthy lifestyle than a diet but I don't want my weight to keep getting messed when I'm naughty and that I will be if I reach target. xx

Yummymummy - been there a decade ago! Apparently "no man can love an ugly woman". It's a killer though - I could kick myself for wasting 19 years with ex yet I have these 2 perfect kids (perfect for me that is, atriculate, opinionated, quirky teenagers...gorgeous obviously - thank goodness they have their father's metabolism). Not a bad payoff. Not bad at all. :cool:

Spent the last 9 years raising my lovely two and they are and will always be my absolute priority. Their dad is about now and again and loves them dearly but he has two much younger children and they take a lot of his time.

Losing weight now is about being healthy for me. I'm a bit past it in the yummy mummy stakes. :D

I'm only 4 weeks in to this myself and my interim target is a friend's wedding at the beginning of June. I won't be to target by then but **fingers crossed** I want to be another 3 stone down (10lb so far).

And Maximus - please don't feel you should apologise. Some of us were unlucky enough to meet the iffy ones but they are NOT in the majority.

40lbs in 5 months is about half a stone a month - 2lb a week. Go for it!!

Medusa said:
Yummymummy - been there a decade ago! Apparently "no man can love an ugly woman". It's a killer though - I could kick myself for wasting 19 years with ex yet I have these 2 perfect kids (perfect for me that is, atriculate, opinionated, quirky teenagers...gorgeous obviously - thank goodness they have their father's metabolism). Not a bad payoff. Not bad at all. :cool:

Spent the last 9 years raising my lovely two and they are and will always be my absolute priority. Their dad is about now and again and loves them dearly but he has two much younger children and they take a lot of his time.

Losing weight now is about being healthy for me. I'm a bit past it in the yummy mummy stakes. :D

I'm only 4 weeks in to this myself and my interim target is a friend's wedding at the beginning of June. I won't be to target by then but **fingers crossed** I want to be another 3 stone down (10lb so far).

And Maximus - please don't feel you should apologise. Some of us were unlucky enough to meet the iffy ones but they are NOT in the majority.

40lbs in 5 months is about half a stone a month - 2lb a week. Go for it!!

Awww thanks medusa lol, why that name if u don't mind me asking.. I'm sure u r a very yummy mummy btw u have described ur children, being a yummymummy to me is not by appearance it's about how goid a mum you are in my opinion.. And like u said in my eyes too my child is perfect, my angel.

As for 19 years I don't know how people do it for so long somebody else on here put up for 21, I managed 4 years and got the courage as he hit my son, but I'd jus had lo I was still big n he sent me very insulting msgs, without realising I went downhill I was hurting and lonely with no support so food became my support 2 years in I still cant forget and move fwd, I'm jus really alone i literally have no1 and frightened although address is confidential from ex.

Losing weight is also bout being healthy for me, doc called me obese talked bout health implications, and so thought this us it now I have my sin to think bout it scares me to think what may happen to him if something happened to me.

Yes we can do it I have my choc weakness and mess up some days but really this isn't a struggle, as i love eating non stop thou I make plenty of pasta rice noodles so I have about 5 small meals instead of 3 stops me wanting to snack.

Have u seen that thread six months to sexy should join it, yes my aim 6 June too, as you've lost 10lbs in four weeks that's more than 2lbs a week so if this carries on you'll get there.

I don't exercise thou will. Start if I slow down, although my cheeky toddler makes chase him allday lol.

Have a lovely weekend thank you for your support xx

Yummymummy, you can do anything you set your mind to :) Totally agree with all the posts above, just taking things slowly will help so much. You will feel amazing once the compliments start reeling in, and I'll give you a tip - take your measurements now and take them again in a month. You may only lose a few lbs but your inches will shed like you could never dream! Also, take some body shots, if not for the eyes of anyone else then just for yourself. I have a link in my signature, I haven't taken an up-to-date picture for quite a while but when I look back at the first one, I can't believe I ever let myself get like that. However, I also can't believe I managed to get rid of most of it so quick! Feel free to take a look and see how many other people on the thread have felt inspired to do the same :)

Lots of love to you and your cheeky monkey!

xxx

Yummymummy, you can do anything you set your mind to :) Totally agree with all the posts above, just taking things slowly will help so much. You will feel amazing once the compliments start reeling in, and I'll give you a tip - take your measurements now and take them again in a month. You may only lose a few lbs but your inches will shed like you could never dream! Also, take some body shots, if not for the eyes of anyone else then just for yourself. I have a link in my signature, I haven't taken an up-to-date picture for quite a while but when I look back at the first one, I can't believe I ever let myself get like that. However, I also can't believe I managed to get rid of most of it so quick! Feel free to take a look and see how many other people on the thread have felt inspired to do the same :)

Lots of love to you and your cheeky monkey!

xxx

ha ha cheeky got that right!! yes you are totally right, i really want to do this still get weak n eat too much choc or today without even think ive eaten dry roated peanuts :( i will change i will change i will change lol.
i am going to measure myself tonight!! hopefully get inspired!! not sure if im brave enough for pic thou lol.

not sure which link you are referring to tried the threads didnt see any pics??

how long have you been on sw how much have you lost, how was you at beginning, my real weakness is choc i think its my comfort food hard to break away.

xx

Back