45 lbs in 70 days?

s_786

Hi everyone,
I am to go on a romantic holiday to Greece in exactly 70 days. Starting cambridge tomorrow, i was doin v well on CD untill march when i had to take a break for study, today had a weigh in and since march put on 7lbs. I am just over 13 stones now and 5,7 tall. I desperatly want to loose 45lbs before my dream holiday, is it a realistic aim?
I am so nervous about it and starting CD again. I plan to SS untill 21st of August and no bars..:confused:

would of deffo thought you could do that no problem! just try encorporating some light exercise after week 2! just to help tone you up along the way. good luck and keep us posted! xxx

I personally think this may be pushing it a little. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's been done many times over before but I wouldn't say it was the norm!
70 days is just over 2 months and you lose on average 1st per month on CD, which means you'll be looking at around 30-35lb average loss in this time.

thanks Kelly and Jackie,
I own a personal gym at home including the power plate. I aim to excercise everyday mainly tonning. I am fairly tonned as it is becuase I been working out a lot, so although 13 stones, I fit into size 12s. I know i should have started early but after exams I was so drained that going on SS was a scary thought for me. Just got my head in order now so starting now...

hey kelly,
you will be, just start with light tonning work out as it really helps. My time off CD I was working out for 400 cals on cross trainer, then 150 crunches and all sorts of tonning work out. It helped but I did have some bad weeks in terms of food. Now on SS I wont be working out too crazy but tonning for sure.
also use body brushing, I got ride of cellulite off my thighs and then daily moisturizing.

All the water seems to have sorted my cellulite issues thank god. What are the tonning plates like I'm hoping to get one?

I only have bought them like a week ago but i totally love it. It really shakes off every muscle in the body. only 10 mins a day are needed. I use them before goin to work and really feel full of energy all through the day.
I am looking fwd to drinking all that water again. aint been that good with water lately...

I've recently started dry body brushing and am very impressed with the results. I am also making sure that I finish my shower with a blast of cold water :eek:.

It is working and already my butt looks smoother.

Back to the question - I think that with total dedication (and plenty of water) you could shift the lbs you want in that time but you might find that with exercise and gaining a bit more muscle you will be happier with your look after a little less overall weight loss.

Because just thinking - you are tall and if you can already fit into a size 12, losing that much weight might result in you losing all your curves - and we don't want that do we? ;).

Good luck.

Good luck! XXX

Hiya fatpossum,
I really n desperatly want to loose that weight...my legs and thighs are my problem area oh n the bum..
My tops are normally 10/12 easily even from riverisland and oasis but the bottoms have to be 12 or sometimes 14...my legs are chunky and thighs, i want to loose weight to shape my lower body mainly because working out alone didnt help..
any other tips for slimmer legs?

two days, no cheating 100% hurrraaahhhh
oh n im so excited to have bought high heel sex n the city style gladiators for my friends wedding...wooohoooo

Well done!!!

Love Mini xxx

Well i lost 42lbs in 70 days it can be done

Wow, I can't even imagine the difference that must have made to your life!

Can you tell me, did you excercise too? I am a weekly step class addict but I'm only on my first week, day 3 today, it's my class tomorrow night and I dont want to miss the next part of the routine so I'm going to go and just take it easy with lots of water.

Well done, you are a real inspiration!

Sammylou x

Thank you :) it has made my quality of life much better, I suffer with arthritis and terrible joint pain so lifting 3 stone off my frame has had a huge impact on my day to day life and the main reason I wanted to well needed to do it. Other changes were just a bonus ;)

For the most part I did no strenuous exercise, I did walk gently (20 minutes per mile) during that time, at the begining it was about 45 minutes daily 5 days a week but the last 3 or so weeks I gradually increased it to almost 2 hours 3 times a week.

This week I moved up the plan so feeling I can afford to push it and did the same walk at a higher pace and knocked 20 minutes off my time :) I am up to the 1000 plan this week so I am going to try a bit of jogging I am aiming to do 10 minutes continuous jogging during my walk anything over that is a bonus :)

Best of luck with your step class, just take it at a handy pace and make sure and drink water during the class.

Best of luck with your weight loss challenge, make sure you take in plenty of fluids.

Dear Hedgehog

You are such an inspiration that I have just joined this forum to be able to contact you.:)

I am hoping to loose three stone in 70 days. :cry:

I am starting today on ss. Please could you tell how you managed to loose so much yourself in 70 days. Do you have any advice I could follow. I have to loose the weight in that space of time.

#Thanks x

Hi Momofthree

Welcome to the forum :) Basically I followed the Sole Source plan 100% for 10 weeks and drank a minimum of 5 liters of water per day, and shifted the 3 stone in that time frame. I had initially set myself 12 weeks to lose that amount on SS which I felt was more realistic on CD.

The first 2 weeks I was lucky and managed to shift a stone and then approximately a stone every 4 weeks after that.

The only tips I can offer is if you feel hungry drink more water, you'll be surprised how that can help.

After 2 weeks I did some gentle walking, I am not sure it contributed to weight loss but it definitely contributed to feeling positive.

I set small goals, that I felt I could achieve one of them at least every 2 weeks. Ticking them off at the start in the more difficult phase kept the motivation.

The early losses kept me going, and the fact that I knew when I was going to stop SS as I was planning my holidays (even though I was able to bring that forward :)) it was a great to be able to count it down.

I dont have children so preparing food wasnt an issue for me as OH is self sufficient, that could be harder for you but remember when you are tempted that the sacrifice now is temporary and you will be able to enjoy being slim in 10 weeks :)

Best of luck with with the diet you can do it

congrats and you just made my day..
day 3 done, howeverm having bad headche today. I had milk in my tea today, skimmed milk, is it too bad or shall I cut out milk. its so hard to live through a busy office day without tea and coffee..

Dear Hedgehog

You are such an inspiration that I have just joined this forum to be able to contact you.:)

I am hoping to loose three stone in 70 days. :cry:

I am starting today on ss. Please could you tell how you managed to loose so much yourself in 70 days. Do you have any advice I could follow. I have to loose the weight in that space of time.

#Thanks x
Hiya hun,
you can surely buddy up with me on this one and we post in this thread our progress, weekly goals can help us through.
I have to loose this weight in this time frame. I use power plate fr 10 mins every morning and body brushing etc. Got to look good in that yellow Bikini :eek: hehe

Back