5% rule

heres to a new me

Hi am still trying to get my head round this just wondering do I times the fat by the g (example) ww meal has 2.5g per 100g but the meal in total is 400g so do I times 2.5g times 4 (total 10g of fat) thanks

Hi there & welcome! Yes if a meal has 2.5g of fat per 100g & its 400g in size it will be 10g in the meal, nutritional values on food will normally show you per meal too so you can double check it.... The xen rule says no more than 15g of fat per meal so you still have up to 5g if you want to bulk a ready meal out, I have ready meals at least once a week on my late shifts at work & always bulk them up. Also will say that the best low fat ready meal I have found are the Morrisons eat smart chilled ones, they are lovely! Good Luck with your journey x

heres to a new me said:
Thanks Lexie it's all starting to come together!! Doctor forgot to tell me all about the rules!!

One thing I think we have all commented on is how we weren't given any advice by docs! My friend who is on them was told by hers she didn't need to alter her eating habits WTF!!!!!

heres to a new me said:
Do you mind me asking how long you have been taking them? And how your finding it!!

I've been taking them since 7th Oct so just over 3 months & have lost 2 stone 6lbs. I've found it so much easier than I thought. The first couple of weeks was the hardest but once you see the weight coming off it spurs you on, already there is no way I would give up & regain what i've lost. I post on here a lot & find everyone so supportive of each other x

Just to clarify, your example meal has 2.5g of fat per 100g, this makes the meal 2.5% fat, well within the 5% rule. All the 5% rule means is that the meal should have less then 5g of total fat per 100g. Then multiply it just as you (and Lexie) said to get the amount of total fat per meal, this should be below 15g for the meal, 45g for the day. If that make sense. And doctors are hopeless generally when prescribing Xenical, that's why Minis is so good! Good Luck,

KB x

@ Lexie that's a fab weight loss!! Thanks think am getting the hang of it been having a good read threw the posts!! And my hubby has just got me a treadmill so going to kick off the exercise tommorow!!

my doctor told me nothing at all. i just thought i was to eat normally and would lose weight. obviously since coming on here i realise that was poppycock.

@poppy have you been on xenical long?

i have been on since begining of december. according to doctors scales wehn weighed at beg of january lost 4lb but according to my scales had lost 9lb, so not overly impressed. :cry:

cant quite put my scales away. i am sure it is an official obsession.

Back