50-60 mins of moderate cardio exercise 4-5 days a week too much on TS?

pixar

has to be done this year
i am currently doing 50-60 mins of moderate impact cardio 4-5 days a week which is either dancing or fast brisk walk on up hill mode, burning 500-600 calories each session. i will be starting total solutions tomorrow and wondered if this was too much exercise on the plan, or should i reduce it to 30-40 mins of moderate cardio 3 days a week?

i am currently doing 50-60 mins of moderate impact cardio 4-5 days a week which is either dancing or fast brisk walk on up hill mode, burning 500-600 calories each session. i will be starting total solutions tomorrow and wondered if this was too much exercise on the plan, or should i reduce it to 30-40 mins of moderate cardio 3 days a week?

Yes I would say so maybe cut down to half of the time your doing while starting TS.

is there any reason why i cant carry on with my usual exercise regime? is it because burning 500-600 cals a day through exercise will leave u feeling really tired and low energy, as the TS is a very low cal diet or is it because you wont get a good weight loss with too much exercise?

You're only consuming 600 cals a day exercising this much means you're burning all of that off so basically having 0 cals a day

Um if your eating 600kcal a day and burning 600kcal a day your body will have absolutely no fuel to run on...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But isn't that when your body begins to use the reserves (stored fat=fuel)?

At first you wanna take it easy! Your body will need to adjust from eating normally to TS and doing 60 mins cardio will only make you more hungry as your body will already be craving ANYTHING lol

Take it easy for a week or so, exante does recommend 20-30 mins light exercise a day, when you feel up to it go back to normal, maybe add a 4th sachet a day if you feel you need it

so bringing your body to 0 calories does that mean u will get better loss or not? i have been doing a 500-600 calorie a day diet for the last few weeks and burning most of that off a day, sometimes even burning 800 cals a day and had great losses, it hasn't made me feel weak at all, infact i feel really healthy. I wondered if i could do the same with TS? basically will i get more loss the more i workout because thats the case with most diets, but exante is a diet ive never done before so wondered if i should cut back on the exercise?

ohh, ok thanks for that starlight, i think i should just stick to max 30 mins 3-4 days a week then. im going to start tomorrow, waiting for my packs to come and its due tom, so excited. no more milk tea for me for a few months:(

I am on TS and I have started (3 weeks) doing 3 Zumba classes a week, plus an hour gym and swimming. Starting Belly Dancing tomorrow night too :D

I feel fine, great in fact. The only thing I'm not too happy about is that I'm not losing weight :(

Yer but milk will bring me out of ketosis because it has sugar:( i don't want to put anything in my mouth thats going to effect my weight loss, I'de rather not have milk tea for few months until i get to target:) can i have black tea with sweetener? and if so is their certain sweeteners you can use or can they all be used??/

mia hey, yer seems like we are both doing a fair amount of exercise, maybe with exante you shouldn't do as much. i find that following a diet with carbs i,e weight watchers and slimming world you should do a fair amount of exercise to see good results because of the amount of sugar yr body has to break down, but think with exante you shouldn't as much because its a vlcd diet plus theres not enough sugar going into yr body to give u the energy to work out, i think ile do dancing and brisk walking at the gym 3-4 days a week for max 40 mins, im soo used to pushing myself to 60 mins, now im going to find it hard to stop at 40 mins because i feel like 40 mins is really not enough and its going to make me feel guilty but i dont wanna over do the exercise in case it effects my weight loss:)

The danger of doing a lot of exercise on a VLCD is that because your body does not have enough "fuel" it may start breaking down muscle. Your heart is a muscle. Something to bear in mind.

We eat 600 cals a day to cover our "priorities" the 600 cals a day are to cover our every day living. Breathing, moving, blinking...e.t.c all of the every day things that need fuel to happen. For example, a lot of people suffer with hair loss/thinning on a VLCD ( it does right itself when eating again) but one of the reasons this happens is because hair is NOT a priority as far as our bodies are concerned when "allocating" our 600 cals. It really is a very fine line. These diets are researched extensively so our priorities are taken care of.

By adding into the mix 600 cals worth of exercise means we are now running on minus. Yes our fat stores will be used but our body will also begin to break down muscle. We have to put fuel into our cars to make it run, otherwise it will break down. The effects of doing a lot of exercise on a VLCD and running on a minus may not be apparent straight away but in all honesty you could be setting yourself up for some serious health problems in the future.

I totally, totally believe in exercise but I know right now for me its not a healthy thing to be doing :( That will change when I move to a controlled eating plan! You betcha! Exercise can change your whole body shape, at the weight I am now, I was smaller when I was calorie counting and exercising. But because I want the fast losses, I am putting up with it for now.

Hi, I do that much exercise, I've spoken to the exante people and too much exercise won't slow your losses, I tend to not bother with add a meal week but instead have a small bit of chicken or something on gym/exercise days just to watch I'm not on 0 calories x

thanks for the long advice summer rain. I think everything u said makes perfect sense, and even if in short term it gives me a quicker loss, i could be risking my health which obviously i don't want to do, but i cant live without doing some sort of exercise, its a pyshcological thing with me that if i dont work out im being lazy and not doing any contrubitions towards my weightloss, but ile def reduce it to half the amount, ile stick with 30-40 mins 3 days a week, thats a fair good amount still...

wow dutch u have been having really good losses. Well i too contacted exante and they said for me not to do much exercise for the first few weeks as my body adjusted to no sugar and then gradually build up to what feels right for me. I have been on a low carb diet for last 2 weeks so my body is fairly used to having low carb, but i dont know how exante is going to effect me because of the no sugar intake, i may find that i dont even have the energy to work out major, but knowing me within the next week or two ile probably carry on doing my 50 mins 4 days a week, it all depends on how i feel, but i think for now ile stick to 30 mins 3 days a week, i just feel like if i dont do enough exercise i am going to not have a good loss and wasted a whole week:))

mia hey, yer seems like we are both doing a fair amount of exercise, maybe with exante you shouldn't do as much. i find that following a diet with carbs i,e weight watchers and slimming world you should do a fair amount of exercise to see good results because of the amount of sugar yr body has to break down, but think with exante you shouldn't as much because its a vlcd diet plus theres not enough sugar going into yr body to give u the energy to work out, i think ile do dancing and brisk walking at the gym 3-4 days a week for max 40 mins, im soo used to pushing myself to 60 mins, now im going to find it hard to stop at 40 mins because i feel like 40 mins is really not enough and its going to make me feel guilty but i dont wanna over do the exercise in case it effects my weight loss:)

A few years ago I practically lived in the gym. I have been struggling for years to get my mo-jo back and I now feel it's on its way :D I'm not stopping for anything now. I enjoy it and feel good after doing it, like I say the only down side is the slower weight loss (for me).

yer mia i enjoy it too, but if the exercise im doing is going to effect my weight loss then i would rather cut down to 30 mins 3 days a week rather than do 60 mins 5 days a week, im in a tight time schedule and really cant sabotage my weight loss now:)

Back