50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

- To be able to go to the doctors and be told I'm ill because I'm ill... not because I'm overweight.
- To be able to sit with my car seat forward and still be able to do the seat belt up (I'm really short so have to sit forward to drive!)
- To be able to wear that dress that I fell in love with a few years ago and only managed to wear a few times because it got too small.
- To be able to walk comfortably up the two flights of stairs to my flat whilst carrying my three year old son.
- To be able to go into the soft play centre with my son and fit through the gaps and fit on the slide.

- For my baby daughter to never remember Mummy being fat!
- To walk into a room with 'that' confident feeling
-To never be called FAT again! Insult me however you like, I can laugh it off, call me fat and it makes me cry inside!!
- To look like I really am related to my 3 older sisters!!
- To know that I will fit into my football teams kit with ease, and look 'normal' not squeezed.
- For OH to be proud to introduce me to work colleagues/friends
- To help others through their weight problems
- To be in control around food and not act like I'm never going to eat again
- To not feel greedy all the time
-To be able to take it or leave it and not worry about it!
- To not be on a diet for the rest of my life!

Brilliant thread!! Thank you to everyone who has posted such personal feelings. You are keeping me strong :)

Xxx

Last edited:
Some brilliant things on here to keep me going - deffo for me the main one would be the embarrasment of not being able to fit in aeroplane seats properly and the look on their faces thinking my god I hope she isnt going to sit next to me :cry:It does hurt.

Would also be nice to go to a Theme Park and actually go on their rides - they take my money off me at the door and make sure I'm the right height for the rides but who checks my bum size for the seats to make sure I can fit in them all - no one - its embarrasing having to get off a ride as you can't fit in their posh seats that only a size 8 can get into comfortably. Rant over and out :eek:

Waow, this was such a great thread to read, really put a smile on my face and made me a bit sad at the same time. Some of the things are just so hard, life get's hard when you are so big that you constantly have to think on how to navigate through your days, between tables, fitting into cars and seats.
Here are a few things that I thought of.

- Being able to be picked up, you know, almost american movie like, that would be awesome. :p
- Actually feeling good in a bikini (I have never experienced that.)
- Being able to sit in one chair with both feet up on the chair. (I can't do that, to much tummy in the way. :p)
- Seing a flat stomach, this would be like... The biggest thing I think. I have _never_ had a flat belly. I would probably just stare at it in amazement.
- Not worry what my arms look like when raising them wearing tank tops.
- Just put on those nice jeans and a white t-shirt and look stunning!
- Do cartwheels
- Doing all the crazyfun yogaposes
- Being able to just goof around in the park and not feel, heavy.
- Working out feeling that by body is strong and flexible, not heavy.
- Wear shorts.
- Not have my thighs touching when wearing a skirt
- Wear any boots I want
- Feeling light, strong and fit
- Not have my tummy flow over all the time when I try on pants. Gah.
- Feel a bit, petite. I can not even imagine that... I would just want to know what it feels like not to be big. Just for once. I don't even know if i'll like it, being a bit big is sort of... me. And as long as I'm thriving, in good health and being able to do what I want with my body. Then I'm good. But I'm curious about the petit thing.. Just once, I would like to know what it feels like. :)

Cheers!

What a wonderful list. I'm doing well so far but am finding willpower in short supply and having a very hungry day, so I needed to read this.

The list really helps with emotional/boredom eating. I'm going to take it one hour at a time today!!!

x

All the lists on here and fab and could be wrote for me too :) I wrote mine and stuck it in the kitchen on the fridge door so i am not tempted to cheat so thank you for the idea :D x

hmm

to have a BMI that makes me suitable for IVF
to have an active, non-interventionist labour
to be able to crouch and kneel without pain
to have more energy
to get rid of the bulk so that i'm free to learn to have a healthy relationship with food

and then the trivial:
to buy a diane von fustenburg wrap dress, and at least one piece by Vivienne Westwood
to wear heels for more than ten minutes. Tiny feet +huge weight = agony
to wear pencil skirts without the huge tummy bulge
to be able to dance all night
to be eligable for scuba diving next time we go somewhere suitable on holiday - husband missed out when we were in Thailand because he didn't want to rub my nose in it
to get my hourglass back - instead of the bouncy castle look

Brilliant list!!
I would add...

Not have to wear a cardigan to cover bingo wings!
Be able to buy rings... even my fingers are too fat!
xxx

1.To not sit in a room whilst people are talking about weight and they then stop and give each other a knowing look in case they may have offended you.
2. To not have avoid bumping into old friends and them not recognise you.
3. To not have to hide in a supermarket as you have just seen your ex in another aisle shopping.
4. To not have to avoid certain times of day to go for a walk on holiday at you will be too hot to get your way back to the hotel.
5. To not have to buy clothes that "flatter" your shape, to be able to just buy a dress because you like the colour.
6. To not be the funny but chubby one of the group. You never hear anyone say a skinny friend "oh but she is so funny and has a pretty face".
7. To not have to feel huge when sat in the passenger seat of a car staring at your thighs for some reason it makes me feel huge.
8. To not have to suck your tummy in all the time.
9. To not have to wear restrictive tummy sucking in pants.
10. BEST OF ALL to not waste my life not doing something about what I can change.

I'd like to add

-Fit comfortably into a swing for the first time since I was about 10!

To know I will fit comfortably on any airplane seat, not having to ask for belt extension and spilling over into the next persons seat.

Love Love Love this !! I can relate to so much on this thread !!

What a brilliant brilliant thread... we all have the same worries alot of them have made me LOL =D

#To feel confident enough to have a sexy shower with the bf.
#Have the lights ON!!
#Be able to choose beautifull clothes instead of looking for what fits
#Do the whole long walk on the beach to the sea intead of wrapping in a towel and dropping it and running in the sea
#Swimming without wearing shorts and having my boobs bulge out
#play with my nephew without practically becoming breathless
#BE HAPPY!!!!

Mine are:-

To not be the last person without someone choosing to sit next to you on the bus!
To be able to sit on a swing in the park without the sides digging in.
To be the slim mum at the school gates, not the fat one.
To buy a fast food meal and not look like a greedy bugger - whether i am or not....lol
To push my sons pushchair up the woods without getting out of breath.
To be able to lie comfortably in the bath without creating a barrier of water behind me!!
To have a smoother back - i have a curved spine so it will never be completely straight but the fat on top of it can go.
To not be considered plus size - but i guess in the "fashion world" you have to be a size 8 for that to happen.
Most of all, to be me! I regret so much and have held back myself back from so much because of my weight that i need a chance to do what i want and not feel somewhat ashamed for it!

I'm loving this thread, I'm only on day 3 but I'm really struggling!

My own list is;

- To feel confident / happy when I go to America for the summer.
- To fit into size 10 or 12 clothes (size 8 is my dream, but I feel like it might just be a dream!)
- To be able to go to the gym without looking like a tomato
- To buy skinny jeans from Top Shop
- To wear a body con dress and feel comfortable and confident
- To not have my skinny aunt make sly digs about my weight!
- To feel worthy of my other half
- To be properly tiny (I'm only 5"1 but 16st 11lb!!)
- To be able to eat out / in without eating gigantic portions

GLAD that I found this thread it is just brilliant, I have created a HUGE list of about 3 pages and will stick them on my wardrobe along with my other things to keep my motivated! :D xx

This thread really keeps me motivated!!! My own (though they are probably repeated :p
- To fit comfortably on a bus/train seat!
- Not be the last one someone sits next to because you're fat
- To feel confident that whatever I'm wearing, I look good and not having to hide rolls of fat and what not :/
- To not constantly think people are staring at you when you walk down the street
- To not be the fat friend
- Not have people say "You're so pretty! If you lost weight, you'd be a stunner!!"
- To wear a bikini on the beach!
- have confidence to SWIM again, not looking like a big whale
- Confidence and self esteem to start dating
- Wear bras without worrying about rolls being formed on my back :(
- Not Be so tired all the time
- To not be the fat one of the family!!!!!!!!!
- Make my family proud of me!!
- Not be so shy and withdrawn!
- I just want to feel sexy!!!
Loads more I could right but can't remember them haha.

Back