55lbs and counting...

oh, and i feel better about my meager weight loss. see, when i weighed in at the start of this venture i was wearing cute wedge booties, so naturally i took them off for the scales. after the weigh-in, i bought me some comfy trainers to bop around in and walk in without getting blisters... and i went for the second weigh-in wearing those. at the time, baby brain took over - i couldn't remember if i'd shucked the shoes for the first weigh-in... so i hopped on the scales with my trainers on.

so i actually weigh what that number says minus the weight of my trainers.

i feel a little better now. i've written on my weight card that i need to take my shoes off now. silly girl.

8QqZpl4.jpg

savoury mince with veggies

fuupxh5.jpg

stirfry veg with a spam fritter garnish (loooool) and pancakes. cuz it's pancake day.

Last edited:
averaged 1276 over the last week :)

jfZfFiF.jpg

it's weird, i'm not really struggling with the calories as much because i know my averages will be kosher. that said, i do plan things as far in advance as possible using MFP so that i know when i can splurge. tonight's dinner would have been less than 100cal if it hadn't been for the samoosas, for example; so i nabbed the leftover spam fritter from last night's dinner as a post-lunch snackette with no qualms whatsoever:

S19fhpD.jpg

Looking good sprytez, looking forward to your next WI x

there's an older homeless guy that stands outside my local shopping centre selling the big issue. he has a gorgeous dog beside him. now, i've been out of the country for a while, so i was quite sad to still see him there, in exactly the same place, when i returned.

i always think to myself "i'll buy him a sandwich and a coffee and some biscuits for his dog" but i never do.

i walked by him today. i stopped. i gave him the first banknote that my hands found in my pocket, and walked on. i think it was a fiver, so not much in the grand scheme of things, but i felt better for it. if i see him again, i'm gonna buy him a starbucks so that the money he does get can go on dog biscuits.

food diary later. <3

7h6pxmd.jpg

Last edited:
I usually buy the Big Issue whenever i pop into M&S (a guy stands outside), and let him keep whatever change. Breaks my heart thinking about homeless people, especially at Christmas time.

44dfibk.jpg

3 leftover meatloaf loaves for lunch, chicken/pasta for dinner (mom cooking).

total loss so far: 2.6kg. i don't bother with the decimals in the stats (to the left), but i do keep track in my weight loss booklet. to start with, i was 102.6, then down to 101.8 and now at 100.0 dead on. lost 1.8kg in this last week, though some of that will be my trainers (they weigh 0.8kg, for the record). going down steadily :)

weekend has been nice and relaxing so far :)

5E8RpoZ.jpg

lunch was peanut butter banana pancakes (less eggs next time, and they only came to that amount because mother dearest suddenly decided she didn't want any, so we split the batter 3/2), dinner was poached salmon with veggies.

i have discovered snack a jacks! ooooohhhhoooooohhhhh...

Snack a Jacks are the business!! I'd totally forgotten about them. May invest in some this week...

the caramel ones would go a treat on top of ice cream... but that would kinda defeat the purpose :p

today's noms:

ZKGPtYN.jpg

roast dinner. i skipped the meat and just had a plate full of veggies, then went back for a further side plate of more veggies! all that still counted up to less than 600cals, amazing what you can snaffle when you skip on the roast potatoes!

went for a walk down the beach with DH and the little dude, it was beautiful - not too cold, sun just going down, tide just going out :)

IMAG0227.jpg

averaged 1336 this past week, but it's been a more stable week (as hoped!) with the lowest cal count at 1235, highest 1449 (today's, actually).

5iffXzy.jpg

dinner was leftover roast with some extra frozen veggies
jptytBO.jpg

my take on fish and chips. FLIPPER DIPPERS!

i was out in town today, little one had his shots and mummy needed to get the bus in and back. stopped in at starbucks for a macchiato (mmmmmmmm) and then i got hungry on the way back and impulse purchased me a BMT from subway. that's why today's count is so high... i could have kept it under 1400, but those caramel snack a jacks were whispering to me whilst we were watching "skyfall". partially offset by the walking to and fro from bus stops and around town though.

IiPzBdg.jpg

breakfast was actually the starbucks, was out of the house before i could grab anything to eat as i was up 4 times in the night with the wee man, he was so restless after his jabs, bless him. i survived on coffee, i swear. lunch was nice - i'd forgotten the simple kids' foods and they are quite filling. normally i think i'll only have the one slice of toast, but as that would have left only one slice in the bag today (i felt sorry for that lonely slice)... and the curries i do are always nice :p the cauliflower was a small one though, so i bulked it out with some cous cous. next curry i might pack out with some veggies instead of meat.

As you might have guessed from my diary, I've totally taken a notion for beans on toast lately! You're right though - those kind of meals are pretty filling!! I like the way you've set your goals out in your signature btw :)

baby steps; just like eating from a smaller plate makes you feel you're eating more, having smaller, achievable goals makes the losses seem that much more doable and the overall goal less daunting.

in theory :p

out again today, getting my eyes tested. then off to tesco for the weekly shop. taking a leaf out of the hairy dieter's book, so will be buying different things this week and not making up my own menu for once! so we will be having chilli salad bowls, cumin crusted vegetables with plain roasted chicken and open mediterranean burgers :) mum's turn to do friday's meal next week.

Back