5g in 100g rule

vanda

plodding away
HI all

As a new Xenical user I was wondering how rigidly people stick to this. Although I have stuck to this for most of the time, I have eaten things with a higher fat rate but have kept the total fat per meal to the advised below 15g, and so far no ill effects.

Is the 15g per meal limit the more important one or have I just been lucky?

Vanda

I try to stick to this rule as strictly as possible, as I've experienced the bad side effects on quite a few occasions. Every time I go over the fat rule, I always get the side effects, so it's safer for me to stick to the rule lol. I guess everybody is different, and some people can probably get away with going over the rule on the odd occasion, but unfortunately for me, I have to follow it to the letter otherwise I'm ill for a while.

Personally, I think the 5g per 100g rule is more important than the 15g per meal, but they're probably equally as important. I've only been using Xenical for one month, so I don't know as much about it as some other people. Hopefully somebody else will have better advice for you than me lol :) x

yeah they are both strict rules go out side either one and its quite likely you'll get a side effect or two. being mild or major depends on the person

xxx

Thanks for your replies guess I will stick to both the rules as I was a bit premature with saying I have had no side effects!

I must have overdone things a tad yesterday as am def noticing side effects I do not want to have again. Good job its my day off, shall not be experimenting so much next week.

Vanda

So far I haven't been tempted to step outside the rules, am too scared of what the side effects would be like lol

The side effects were not as bad as I have heard, but still not something I would want to experience every day!

Vanda

I tried Xenical several years ago and suffered the side effects as no one explained the eating rules to me properly. They were nasty. I was on my way to work for a night shift and lets just say I wasn't wearing orange knickers before I left home but was by the time I arrived at work!!!!!!

Sorry, too much information there lol

This made me smile. There doesnt seem to be much clear advice given when prescribed these tabs. Just follow a low fat diet! This site is great for getting the info from the people who really know whats its like to take these.

Vanda

i thought i could get away with going over the 5%/100G rule but it appears not lol so after a weekend of no tablets being okish with eating and still getting tango'd im 100% being good from now on :D
on a side note what is the max total fat every one sticks too? only i didnt get told by my doc and im worried im having too little or too much???

hey fiona!!
The maximum allowed is 15g per meal

hope your doing ok

love katie

I never have over 15g fat per meal

I'm struggling to get to 8 or 9 per meal!! ... although I was doing a lot less but the recommendation is to up it a bit as long as you don't go over the 15g *S*

I don't go over the 15g of fat per meal and never will while taking these tablets after my dodgy day on Sunday!

Vanda

The only things I eat (when im behaving) that are outside of the 5% rule are snack a jacks and eggs (1) They are both about 7g per 100g i think, but bear in mind some people are affected more than others.

I rarely meet the 15g per meal, i dont think many do. I also read on here about upping fat intake by eating nuts but as thay are over 5% fat i dunno how that works within the rules?! Having said that, a certain someone that i know does it has lost loads!

Hhhmmmm think i just confused myself - i was trying to help honest!

Back