5stone to lose - I will stick to SS, I will stick to SS.....

princessfiona

I started a diary on DH but I have decided to post here instead. Seams much friendlier!!

Story so far:
start weight 15st 6lbs
week 1 14st 13lbs loss 7lbs
week 2 14st 9lbs 4lbs
week 3 14st 6lbs 3lbs

I would like to get my BMI to 25 so I need to get down to 10st 6lbs. As at last wednesday I had 4 stones to go!!
I am hoping for a 4-5lbs loss at my weigh in tomorrow morning.

I am doing ok and havnt cheated but think about food a lot!! I just think it is when I am bored. I work in a school and have the hols off with the kids!!

I am supposed to have Add a meal week as from tomorrow but I cant decide whether to do it or not. What does everyone else think??

As I said in my previous diary I am going on a cruise in Oct. DH said from the start that he was NOT getting dressed up at all for dinner when we are away. When I started this diet I made a bargain - I asked that if I loose 3 stone before we go, could I buy a long dress and could we go to the captains dinner and get a family pic taken? He agreed so - result!!
I go on 13th oct so have 42-14=28lbs to go!! To achieve this I need a min of 3lbs per week - This IS achievable.

Last edited:
Hiya mate

AAMW is an integral part of the programme, and I would heartily recommend you do it. It can kickstart your loss, teach you portion control, and give you a much needed break from SS. :)

Love your plan for the cruise, and what an incentive to stick to the plan! :cool:

Weigh-in today - Lost 4lbs...I know, I know that is good BUT I always want more!!!

12/7 start weight 15st 6lbs
19/7 week 1 14st 13lbs loss 7lbs
26/7 week 2 14st 9lbs 4lbs
2/8 week 3 14st 6lbs 3lbs
9/8 week 4 14st 2lbs 4lbs

Starting AAM week so pooped into tesco for lettuce & cucumber. What salad dressing do you use?? I looked at every "diet" bottle and they all has some fat in. Coudnt find ANY fat free. Will just have to use balsamic vinegar tonight.

WELL DONE on the 4lb loss this week
fing10.gif

Agree wholeheartedly with DQ about AAM weeks. It was one of the main deciding factors for me when deciding to do CD rather than other VLCD's. Figured it's really important to learn to deal with our food issues while on the journey :)

It's certainly worked well for me. Went to Tunisia for a week at the end of May and did AAM the week before we went in preparation for eating on hol - I'm sure it's what helped me get straight back on SS when we returned :)

Ok today so far. Survived MacDonalds again - just sat with my black coffee and a cranberry bar. Just finnished my AAM of chicken & cabbage steamed. It was very good. I snipped a little fresh chives over the top.

Haven't drunk nearly enough water though - finding it really hard especially as the weather has cooled down considerably. I am finding that I am frozen the whole time!! I have read that this is really common. I went to bed last night with a fleece on and a pair of socks on top of my usual pyjamas!!

Hope everyone else is fine and doing well.

Last edited:
LOL being cold is definitely par for the course :eek: Hey, I'm usually suffering hot flushes etc, but on CD I'm the one wrapped up like an eskimo...........at least it gives the peeps at work something to chuckle about :rolleyes:

Well done you getting through your first AAM week - think it's a truly valuable part of the plan - really helps to give you control. Must admit I was nervous the first time, but now I really look forward to these weeks :D

Just been out with the boys for the evening and are home with one of their friends for a sleepover. I was very naughty, I still had 1 CD pack to have today but had another bar. (2 today). It means I wont get one tomorrow. I just coudnt face a tetra or a shake. I had a mouse for my tea and a bar for my Lunch. I REALLY wish we were allowed 2 bars a day. They are MUCH nicer than the shakes and tetras.

Hi Princessfiona,

You look fab in your photos and I can really see the difference. Your photos have given me great motivation going into the third day of being back SSing for I can figure my tummy should be down in four weeks time.

18lbs. is magic!

Well done and good luck for this week coming.

Thanks for your kind comments Mini.

I was just looking through my very first posts over on DH

"Sat last night looking at all the "blurb" I was given yesterday by my new CDC. I recon to hit the ideal 25 BMI I have exactly 5 stone to lose. It sounds a huge amount!! I always thought I looked on the large side but not gross - this makes me realise that I have been kidding myself for a long time.":confused:

This was written on day 2 of the diet. I am now looking at myself in a totally new light and truly realise that I was kidding myself that I was ok. 5 stone overweight is NOT ok! On a possitive note I am now only 3 stone 10lbs overweight!

I am finding this site invaluable and dont know if I would have achieved even half the weight loss so far without it.:)

Hi Princessfiona,

Mini goals are the best way to tackle a large weight loss. I wanted to lose another five, but feel this is just too much for me to look at...four stone is more manageable and at this stage I would be over the moon to be nine stone.

What is your BMI now?

Delighted you are finding the site is keeping you motivated, that is what it is for.

I think when you have others to share the journey with it does make it less lonely and you do feel others know where your coming from without having to explain yourself all the time.

Off to bed now and will talk soon.

Hi, your photos really show a difference!!!

5 stone does seem a huge chunk, but small goals are best. I too need to lose at least 5 stone and find it daunting, especially as I have already lost 3 stone and still have that 5 to go!! But, one day at a time and it will come off. You are doing fantastically well!!:) :) :)

My BMI is 34.4 I think at the moment. I have broken down my weight loss into 2 chunks. I am going on holiday on 13th Oct and wanted to loose 3 stone by then. I am 18lbs down so I have 24 lbs to go in 8 weeks. This is completely achievable (so I tell myself) as it is only 3 lbs per week. If I stick to plan I WILL achieve this. The other 2 stone to get me to a BMI of 25 I want to loose between 20th October and Christmas ( 8 weeks). Again if I loose 3 lbs a week it is achievable. If I loose 4 some weeks its a bonus and I will get there even quicker.

Thanks for all your possitive comments - it really does help.

Fiona:)

My BMI is 34.4 I think at the moment. I have broken down my weight loss into 2 chunks. I am going on holiday on 13th Oct and wanted to loose 3 stone by then. I am 18lbs down so I have 24 lbs to go in 8 weeks. This is completely achievable (so I tell myself) as it is only 3 lbs per week. If I stick to plan I WILL achieve this. The other 2 stone to get me to a BMI of 25 I want to loose between 20th October and Christmas ( 8 weeks). Again if I loose 3 lbs a week it is achievable. If I loose 4 some weeks its a bonus and I will get there even quicker.

Thanks for all your positive comments - it really does help.

Fiona:)

Hi Fiona,

I love the way you have done the math on your weight and it is inspiring to look at it, for I find it motivating just looking at your logic:)

Back