5wks on plan and I have just come off!

ticktock

5 wks on plan and 16lb down and I have just eaten a slice of cake! roast in the oven and going Italian tomorrow....only 16 days until I go on holiday and I cant get the thought that I am coming off plan this month anyway so what does it matter if i come off now or the day I go... so I finally caved and ate a slice of cake! The plan is to still have 1 or 2 meals a day replaced with s&s until I go and hopefully not gain too much but still have 2 wks of bbq's, meals out etc then enjoy holiday and start again afterwards with a 'be slim at xmas' goal!

Have been torturing myself with thinking not much point as going away and then thinking stick at it till I go, fed up with all the thinking! being half on half off seems a good compromise! I obvs wont lose any more weight and will be lucky to maintain, expect to gain but not much? but will be gaining on holiday anyway, only a month and I can focus on it 100% with no holiday or birthdays in the way! Trust me to finally stick to it after countless tries when theres a big fat holiday in the way!

Opinions on whether I have done the right thing or not please?! x

Stick with it! I would get into the best (smallest) possible position before the holiday really, Ive got a holiday coming up and Im panicking, I want to be as small as I possibly can be! Im not planning to gorge on the hols, I wont restrict either, whatever happens, happens.

I just think back to times when ive pushed my goal dates back and back and suddenly its xmas then suddenly its summer agai

Only 15 days now lol... Have decided to do 5:2 and on the 5 normal days still replace a meal or 2 with s&s until I go away..hoping that I will maintain my loss this way and still be able to go out for dinner or whatever, will be straight back on plan after holiday, will be so much easier then as nothing to stand in my way> done it for 5 wks and seen great results so know I can do it again, am looking forward to re-start almost as much as holiday lol. :) x

Let us know how you go on, seems such a shame to give up after such a good stretch! Enjoy your hols.

I will do, thanks Fattifi, a month will fly past, I will soon be back!

Well I was barely off plan for 4 days and gained 4lb already! went for curry but was sensible, went buffet restaurant but ate small portions, other than that I have eaten very little!! back on plan today and will just have my planned meals out off plan until I go away and try to do the refeed plan around it for next 12 days, wasnt prepared for such fast weight gain!

I could be wrong, but pretty sure that you put on 4-6 lbs very quick as your body restocks on (?) glycogen (?) something like that! I know that a lot of people try to lose half a stone more than they really want to because as soon as you start eating agin (?) something (?) in your body restocks and adds that kind of weight. So it's not real weight. So don't panic.

Agree with others though, keep going till you go on holiday. You want to feel as good as you possibly can, don't you? You've done so well, would be a shame not to see off another couple of pounds before you go.

Good luck and have a great holiday.x

Hi, sure most of it is water, just worrying how fast its gone on! Had pizza tonight but had a s&s shake for breakfast and lunch, am getting strawberry lipo tomorrow night and having teeth whitened Tuesday, both mean I cant eat rubbish/carbs for 48hrs so have no choice but to behave! Thankyou for reply...I will definitely try my best to be good until holiday, looking forward to re-start in a month! I will be slim eventually! x

I'd stay on the plan til you go on holidays personally.

The weight gain is the glycogen. I'm just back from having a week off (I was away in Greece), found I just wasn't that hungry and didn't bother having anything like pizza as I knew it would be way too filling for me! ;) That said, I did enjoy some bread! :D

I put on 2kgs (4.4lbs) but my housemate reckons I've lost weight! The 4.4lbs is the glycogen refill, so I managed to stay the same I think. Staying on the plan til you go is a brilliant way of doing it as you'll find that you'll be much closer to your goal weight when you go away and feel better about yourself! :D

Good luck!!

You do gain glycogen and water, however if you come off gradually then you can avoid any gain, I have managed this before by gradually increasing carbs.
Just throwing that in there :)

You've changed your fuel source from an already existing one ( your body fat) to carb energy - effectively filling up your tank, it's not already there so the impact of filling that tank is additional weight. Carb fuel can only be used by the body in the form of glycogen, and glycogen is held in the body in water - three times its own weight. People also vary in how big their "fuel tanks" are, so the weight from filling it varies - my glycogen refill is usually 7lb.

Staying on plan or not is entirely up to you, only you know you reasons for wanting to get to target (or not) and your reasons for wanting to come off plan, this is your journey :). Personally I've come off at the drop of a hat, not entirely sure why most times when I think about it, but after a lifetime of failed dieting its quite tough to find something that works, so I think I needed to sabotage that just til my head got used to the idea of actually being good at something. Think I've finally got used to buying a size 12 now, but that has taken me a good four months to work through.

Enjoy your holiday, we'll see you when you return :)

Back