6 STONE TO DITCH ...Here I go!

Thanks so much Jules,i hope some day to be able to look back on that post and congratulate myself on how far ive come! Its people like yourself who help so much to keep me on track and not slope away feeling sorry for myself, so thank you soo much!!! Hope you have a good day at school!

Fayhamy,

I can promise you that many of us see bits of ourselves in your posts. That feeling of being ashamed and not wanting people to see you really struck a chord. I have been there for many years.

However stick with it and I hope that you will feel so different in a short space of time. I do and it's lovely (and I would never have believed that I could do it).

Good luck

Gail x

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reply. Ihave seen your fantastic results on other threads and tbh honest you have (without even knowing it!) motivated me because i see that sw does work, and obviously not just on the outside but on the inside too!

I just find it hard sometimes to keep up the motivation when dealing with just ordinary every day events as these so often remind me of how much weight i have put on, but i realise that to give up would only let myself down all over again. Thank you for reminding me that sw works as a plan for life and that we all struggle......keep up your good work, youve had fantastic success already. thank you!xo

Wow. Great efforts today.

Sorry it was only a short post this morning - I was on my phone but read your post and just wanted to respond.

Thanks for your lovely words. It sounds like you are really determined which is great. You have done amazingly well so far. Are you feeling any better ? Has anyone noticed yet ? I found that even though I had dropped a couple of sizes by your stage, it was actually around 3-3.5 stone that people really started to notice. I'm so excited for you when that happens because it feels great.

I wasn't miserable before - I am generally a happy person but I was so sensitive about my size that it was really starting to affect what I did and how I did it. That is changing now. It doesn't feel like I've been doing this 6 months but I have. I can't believe it.

I would encourage you to eat (as far as possible) the stuff that you really like because that will help you from feeling deprived and therefore more likely to stick to it.

Well done. I will be watching your thread :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail. I'm generally ok but when i let the kids down,and its my own fault it really gets to me. hubby and family have noticed weight loss but i'm not keen on looking too closely at myself just yet! Having lost weight i know that wonderful feeling of confidence you get when you feel 'normal' and really looking forward to feeling it again!

Thanks for your wonderful positive words Gail, your post yesterday cheered me up too so thanks for that!!!!

Fiona xo

I don't think you let your kids and husband down, it's not your fault that you felt that way. You are not letting them down because you are doing something about what is making you feel that way and are dedicated to losing weight so you don't have to feel like that ever again. Your family is lucky to have you! :)

Hi fayhamy - well done for writing down how you feel - we've all been there. One of my main spurs to finally get this weight off was the realisation that I was starting to miss out on loads of things that I wanted to do.

Now, 8 months down the line and almost 3.5 stone lighter, I have started running (so very envious of your 80 mins on the treadmill, as I can only just manage week 2 of C25K!) and I feel much more confident in myself.

You are doing so well - keep it up and you will soon feel sooooo much better!

Thanks so much spanx!! (nows there a sentence i'd never thought i would write! last time i tried them on i fell over and ended up using my nose to break my fall..but thats another story!)

I see we have very similar start weight and goals so your 3 stone+ in 8 months is a great incentive and glad to hear that your confidence is soaring! Congratulations!!!!!!xo

Sat morning and woke up in FOUL mood, was up half night with non sleeping 3 yr old and came downstairs to see that other kids had thrashed the house! Needless to say a lot of shouting took place, i was actually like those cartoon characters who go red inface and steam coming out of ears!!!!

Also peeved as cant go to sons footie match as dd2 has a birthday party to go to and cant let her down and i have a kidney infection which is incredibly annoying...........have spent more time in bathroom that anywhere else, could def win olympic gold for peeing!!

Anyway enough ranting, going to let kids out of stocks now (ive ran out of rotten veg to throw at them!) and start mammoth clean up!

Poor you !! Drink as much water as you possibly can. It will help your weight losses as well as flushing things through.

Hope you feel better soon and that your son plays well.

Gail x

Yay. Well done. And well done on the fudge battle last night. You should feel very proud.

But keep drinking - yes, you are right that the more you drink the more you pee (!) but it will help to flush things out.

Have a lovely time out.

Gail x

Know how you feel re the kidney infection... Nearly doing a Paula today and all that... It's a bloody nightmare, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Hope you feel loads better soon!

Sorry about your stressful morning, hope the tidying doesn't feel too bad!

Enjoy your weekend and your time out with your kiddiewinks!

X

Thanks jules! Was completely fed up this morning with kids and frequent loo trips..not a good combination! Have to say I wush my son had a teacher like you, theres only a few who would appear to have as much compassion and ambition, fancy coming to n ireland to teach, its a lovely wee place, honest!

Quick update:house now tidy but no doubt the untidy fairies will appear overnight again. really just want to update exercise log so i have a record of it, tonights entry 9.1k in 1 hour, still slow but getting there..............Paula Radclife i aint!

Wow. I think 9.1km in 1 hour is pretty good actually. It's a lot faster than I could do it.

Well done !

Gail x

I love repping the good posts. It's a nice feeling and there are some really lovely people here who are so supportive.

Gail x

Back