6 STONE TO DITCH ...Here I go!

Thanks Elaine,

Its nice knowing Im not alone, but I wish I had all of you shouting at me when i head to the biscuit tin!!!

Somedays i really struggle and others I think this is so easy!

but youre right - we can do this!:cool:

ha ha ha - same! I've taken to not buying biscuits AT ALL (!) as I know I can't just have one :whistle:

I really do know what you mean about the shouting thing, I wish I had the extra support in my every day life!
That's why I've taken to typing it down in a diary (and of course stalking through other peoples :p) as I now feel like I have people to answer to.. if that even makes sense :p

Even if noone reads it... knowing that I will write down what I have eating/will be eating really helps!

Anyway, sorry for rambling - good luck with this week hun! xx

STS for me this week, completely expected as Ive been in abit if battle with myself over the past2 weeks, ie 100% on plan and then 100% off plan!!! still happy with my decision not to got to group anymore as i am a very determined person and I found that the "competition" aspect was unhealthy for me entirely because of my compulsive nature.

Anyway started my 30 day shred today, did all my measurements (although not brave enough to post them!) enjoyed the dvd and hope that I will lose inches even if the scales dont move as fast as they were, if you know what i mean!

Hi Fayhamy,

STS is fine if you haven't been entirely on plan so well done. Good luck with the 30 day shred and keep at it with the food.

Gail x

Right Fayhamy you've inspired me to do this 30 day shred! Do you think my bf would be able to download it from Torrentz (I know its naughty but I'm a cheapskate! And poor until payday!)

Maybe we could be Jillian buddies!?xxxx

Right Fayhamy you've inspired me to do this 30 day shred! Do you think my bf would be able to download it from Torrentz (I know its naughty but I'm a cheapskate! And poor until payday!)

Maybe we could be Jillian buddies!?xxxx

Dont know about downloading it, Jules, I got mine on amazon £4.95 and free posting. Like the idea of being Jillian buddies, need someone to compare aches with!

Ive done 2 days as well as running and Im sore!!!! Not going to be able to go upstairs today (wish i lived in a bungalow!) It better be worth it!:eek:

What's the 30 day shred?

As far as I'm aware it's a workout DVD, only it's all over here and my news feed on fb! Everyone is on about it!

Bf currently downloading it....

What's the 30 day shred?

Yep, ita a 20 min workout dvd by Jillian Michaels, 3 circuits of 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardiom and 1 min abs and it kills! There are also 3 levels which get harder! Its great though because its only 20 mis but it gives a really good workout, i couldnt do it yesterday as i was too sore from the previous 2 days!!!:eek:

Another 2lb off which i'm really pleased with as i think last weeks sts was very lucky as the next day i weighed 6lb heavier!!!!!

Done 6 days of shred as of today, didint do it on sat as spent a foutune getting hair highlighted and didnt want to shower and wash hair straight away!!!

Hi fayhamy
I'm quite new to this site and have been reading through your posts. Very inspiring.
I don't live in the UK at the mo so do SW from home(with huge support from this site) I went to group a few years ago and lost five stone but now I am back on plan to lose the last 21 lbs.
I think it's easy to beat yourself up about what you should do but when you are busy with kids and life in general you kind of put yourself at the back of the line. Now I am so determined to do this....for me.
Sorry to crash your thread just wanted to say good luck xx

Hi Fayhamy! How are you getting on? WELL DONE on your loss! Acemazing! Also well done on Jillian... I haven't done any :( arrrgh! Some Jillian buddy I am!!! :)

Hi fayhamy
I'm quite new to this site and have been reading through your posts. Very inspiring.
I don't live in the UK at the mo so do SW from home(with huge support from this site) I went to group a few years ago and lost five stone but now I am back on plan to lose the last 21 lbs.
I think it's easy to beat yourself up about what you should do but when you are busy with kids and life in general you kind of put yourself at the back of the line. Now I am so determined to do this....for me.
Sorry to crash your thread just wanted to say good luck xx

Thank you so much Clara Lou!!! Well done on such a fantastic loss already and massives of good luck for the last 21lbs, hope they dont be the most frustrating to lose.

You are so right about putting ourselves last, I wouldnt care really about that except for the fact this is affecting everyone around me including the kids. and im very impatient for results!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and write!Please feel free to crash in anytime!!!

BTW, congrats on doing this whilst so far away from home!xo

Hi Fayhamy! How are you getting on? WELL DONE on your loss! Acemazing! Also well done on Jillian... I haven't done any :( arrrgh! Some Jillian buddy I am!!! :)

Right, Jules if you dont start 30 day shred soon as my buddy then I will have to send Jillian round to see you, and you dont want that now, do you?!....................................:eek::eek::eek:

I keep thinking of buying Jillian too but I am a bit concerned that she will simply sit next the (almost unused) EA active 2 !! However if you 2 start doing more of her then maybe I will be shamed into it..........................:eek:

Gail x

I keep thinking of buying Jillian too but I am a bit concerned that she will simply sit next the (almost unused) EA active 2 !! However if you 2 start doing more of her then maybe I will be shamed into it..........................:eek:

Gail x

Now Gail, with your successful record in weight loss and morem importantly, PMA I couldnt shame you into anything......but i would reccommend 30 day shred, at onlt 30 mins its "doable" but also effective! let me know what you think!!!:eek: or :cool:.

please forgive me, self indulgent thread coming up......................................Being a parent is so hard, being a mum on a diet is even harder, I have 1 son and 3 daughters and i worry about the influence i am having on them. My son is a very talented footballer, he plays for the best youth team in n irland (80 mile round trip from our home 5 times a week!), he has scouts from england looking at him and heres the prob as they also lloks at the physique of the parents and this is where i let him down...... i have always been fit playing hockey at a v high level and running half marathons but i am 3 stone overweight and just look fat.

Then of course ther are our 3 daughters, they see me dieting and running on the treadmill at home and this is "normal" to them, surely this is just setting them up for weight problems of their own in the future. the guilt is overwhelming...............would it be better to be fat and "happy" or is my obession with weight loss and dress size doing more harm than good?

sorry for the heavy(pardon the pun)subject matter but i need to articulate in order to deal with it and i would love any of your most welcome opnions (Good or bad!)

I will try and respond on the above soon but I'm having to do everything on my phone at the moment because I have no landline or Internet so it's hard to do a long post. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you !!

Gail x

fayhamy said:
please forgive me, self indulgent thread coming up......................................Being a parent is so hard, being a mum on a diet is even harder, I have 1 son and 3 daughters and i worry about the influence i am having on them. My son is a very talented footballer, he plays for the best youth team in n irland (80 mile round trip from our home 5 times a week!), he has scouts from england looking at him and heres the prob as they also lloks at the physique of the parents and this is where i let him down...... i have always been fit playing hockey at a v high level and running half marathons but i am 3 stone overweight and just look fat.

Then of course ther are our 3 daughters, they see me dieting and running on the treadmill at home and this is "normal" to them, surely this is just setting them up for weight problems of their own in the future. the guilt is overwhelming...............would it be better to be fat and "happy" or is my obession with weight loss and dress size doing more harm than good?

sorry for the heavy(pardon the pun)subject matter but i need to articulate in order to deal with it and i would love any of your most welcome opnions (Good or bad!)

Hi fayhamy
No one tells you how hard it's going to be when suddenly you are supposed to be the grown up do they?
Don't beat yourself up about things. It's not a 'diet' it's healthy eating and it's good to show your children that a healthy diet and exercise is a part of everyones life.
I have a huge guilt problem as I said earlier but the the situation is out of my hands so all I can do is make sure my little family is as happy as they can be and to a large extent I think we are (even though my OH moans like crazy about the phone bills)
You have four lovely children who adore you and you are doing something for you that will ultimately make you more happy and confident so go for it.
Chin up xxxxxx

Back