6 Stone to lose 😭😭😭

SPE

So here I am again.......I am terrible at diets. When I was pregnant I had Gestational diabetes and stuck to a low carb diet with ease. I didn’t gain pregnancy weight and it was a breeze as I was doing it for my baby. Here I am 4 months pp and I can’t stick to anything.
I gained weight 3 years ago and have never shifted it. Slimming world and weight watchers just seem to leave me with so much freedom to binge on ‘healthy foods’

So Exante seems extreme but I need a kickstart to keep me in track. I’ve ordered enough packs for 2 weeks, all half price. I’m going to make sure I like the products before ordering more. I’ve been doing 15k steps a day since January. So I’m going to stick to 600 calories per day but if I don’t feel that’s enough I may need 4 packs a day. We shall see.

Products arrive tomorrow, so I’m just going to start tomorrow, with just a regular protein shake in the morning as I doubt the products will arrive first thing.

I’m a daily weight which is terrible but it helps motivate me. Will be checking out other diaries to follow later.

Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
Thanks. I’m feeling positive. Not quite sure how I will react to a vlcd but I’m pretty busy with a toddler and baby, so hoping that helps.

So I avoided the ‘desserts’ section. Just gone for 2 shakes and 1 bar each day.

Would love reviews/opinions on the desserts. I feel they could be disgusting?

The apple crumble is lovely 😊

The strawberry delight is nice too.......very reminiscent of Angel Delight if you remember that far back :classic_big_grin:

I also really like the caramel sponge dessert.........not too fussed about the chocolate version of that though :classic_smile:

Reactions: SPE
Thanks @Darcy15 I might pick a few to try next time then. I make my daughter angel delight. She’s only a petite little thing and hates milk. So I make it with double cream lol!!! I’m sure it won’t taste that good.
I’m thinking to stick with the shakes/bars for as long as possible. Then I can try a few new things when I get bored......which could be sooner than I think.

Just taken measurements. Ready to begin tomorrow. Bit scared of the hunger.

The apple crumble is really nice. I love the lemon and chocolate gooey puddings too, although the texture takes a bit of getting used to. The chocolate delights are also good.

Good luck SPE- first few days can be tough but keep going, it does get easier. Remember plenty of water and the distraction of the kids does help! I just have early nights to stop me thinking about food!
With regards to the puddings, I have only tried the apple crumble which I thought was lovely the first time and then struggled to even finish it the second time. My tastes change quite quickly on this diet so I try not to order too many of each product at a time. I am already left with 5 chicken fajitas and 4 Apple crumbles that I don't want!

Just taken measurements. Ready to begin tomorrow. Bit scared of the hunger.

I've always been scared of hunger too, it's my down fall. The hunger doesn't last for long on Exante though, once you get past the first few days it's easily manageable, you'll find the products fill you up. Once you see those pounds dropping off that will give you even more motivation :)

Thanks guys. I’m glad of the support. So my first shake today with be a low carb protein shake. As my products arrive today....which got me thinking.....I always have breakfast but I’m never usually that hungry first thing.
So I’m going to take my daughter to nursery, walk back and my baby has a 3 hour nap. So i’ll Grab a black coffee and try try out having my first shake until 10-10.30.
Going to give the workout a miss today too. Working out makes me so hungry.

ARGHHHHH So it was due to be delivered today. I got bk from dropping my daughter at nursery at 9.15. The driver had been and gone. I’m gutted. So I’ve rearrange for Monday!!

I don’t want to use this as an excuse to pig out all weekend. I’m going to take this enthusiasm and have a low carb and low calorie weekend.

Shame about the delivery :classic_frown:

Sounds a good plan though to have a low carb weekend and make a start on Monday :classic_smile:

The first few days are tough, there is no getting away from that........but honestly, after about day 3 the hunger goes away.

I’ve been doing TS absolutely rigidly since January 1st, and I can truthfully say that food doesn’t enter my mind now.......in fact the last few days I’ve really struggled to eat my third pack :classic_err_what:

........and for someone who could comfortably eat an entire pizza to myself, that’s quite something! :classic_roll_eyes:

Reactions: SPE
I know....I was so annoyed. I only left house 20mins and they never usually come first thing.

Breakfast - Protein Shake, with cacao and superfood Powder - 210 Cals, 9g Carb
Lunch - spinach and lettuce with egg, chicken, cucumber and grated carrot
Dinner - ham, onion and cheese omelette

Steps - 14
Water - 2.5litres

Hi SPE! Soon annoying about missing the delivery but your food today sounds brilliant. By this rate you'll be well on the way to ketosis by the end of the weekend! I'm also using 3 exante products per day, but am allowing myself a small protein and green veg meal in the evening. So far so good. I'm on day 11 and it's a million times easier after the first week. Best of luck for Monday and keep posting!!! :)

Oh, sorry for the deluge, this is my last post for now I promise, but I used to love the apple crumble but now hate it. Having said that, I can barely force down the mexican rice/chicken piri piri things that I thought were lovely last week. At this rate it's be shakes and soups only soon! Haven't tried any other desserts. I have a few bars because they're handy for when I'm out and about.

Just spotted this. Did someone tie you to a chair or what?:rotflmao:
Oops 14k I meant!! Pretty standard for me. I’ve usually done 14 steps before I’m even out of bed lol
Oh, sorry for the deluge, this is my last post for now I promise, but I used to love the apple crumble but now hate it. Having said that, I can barely force down the mexican rice/chicken piri piri things that I thought were lovely last week. At this rate it's be shakes and soups only soon! Haven't tried any other desserts. I have a few bars because they're handy for when I'm out and about.
Thanks for the tips. I’ve just gone with shakes and 1 bar each day. Then will explore more after those first 2 weeks. I was thinking of adding a meal too. I feel like I need to give up working out unless I eat more. So if I did a workout and ‘treated’ myself to a pretty much zero calorie meal, salad with protein or some eggs. This would probably be better than adding 20g carbs from another pack right?

Either way, I’m not working out for the first week and sticking to 3 packs a day.

Back