6 weeks for the price of 5

debtdummy

Silver Member
Does anyone do this? im considering it. :rolleyes: do they put it on ur card or something.

Yeah, I often buy countdowns. I find it stops me from missing class when I havent been 100% on plan. Yes, its recorded that you have a countdown.

I did it when I joined. I don't think it was greatly motivational. Probably wouldn't do it again! I paid cash - everytime they scan your SW card, it comes up that you've already paid. You can pay by card too, I think it comes out of your account within a week or so.

Ali x

why wouldnt u do it again?

why wouldnt u do it again?

Personal preference. My C isn't all that welcoming, very selective with who she talks to, can put you down very easily. My first class, she didn't ask me a target weight. With other members, she is very friendly, bubbly, chatty, and makes a point of asking them each week how things are going, etc. If I've ever texted her, she doesn't reply. If I call her, she cuts me off mid-sentence and is very eager to put the phone down. (this was not meant to be a rant! :eek:)

I wouldn't be motivated if I got another countdown, as I don't feel greatly motivated by my group. MiniMins is my main source of support :) and I don't need a countdown here!

If you think it would work for you, go for it! I might consider it if I went to another class but at the moment while I have no choice but to go to this one, I'll be paying week by week :)

xxx

How does it work then, you just pay your £4.95 a week in advance? Can you still weigh-in at different groups or do you have to stick to the same one?

How does it work then, you just pay your £4.95 a week in advance? Can you still weigh-in at different groups or do you have to stick to the same one?

You pay £4.95x5 or x10 in one go, not sure if you're then bound to stick to that one C's group, but it shouldn't be an issue. However, as the money goes directly to each C, it might be worth investigating...

Ali x

You pay £4.95x5 or x10 in one go, not sure if you're then bound to stick to that one C's group, but it shouldn't be an issue. However, as the money goes directly to each C, it might be worth investigating...

Ali x

I see, thanks! I've heard of countdown before but I just assumed it was another plan like success express or fast forward! Definitely worth looking into then, everyone likes a freebie! :)

I do this everytime but the 12 week one. 2 weeks free, yes please.:D

Same for me - Bargain :)

Personal preference. My C isn't all that welcoming, very selective with who she talks to, can put you down very easily. My first class, she didn't ask me a target weight. With other members, she is very friendly, bubbly, chatty, and makes a point of asking them each week how things are going, etc. If I've ever texted her, she doesn't reply. If I call her, she cuts me off mid-sentence and is very eager to put the phone down. (this was not meant to be a rant! :eek:)

I wouldn't be motivated if I got another countdown, as I don't feel greatly motivated by my group. MiniMins is my main source of support :) and I don't need a countdown here!

If you think it would work for you, go for it! I might consider it if I went to another class but at the moment while I have no choice but to go to this one, I'll be paying week by week :)

xxx

Thats such a shame... I thank my lucky stars that the consultants I see are so good. I reckon I get about 3 texts and at least 1 or 2 emails plus some facebook posts from my consultant. She is brilliant.

Yep - you can weigh at different groups. If I can't make my group in the evening, I go to the express weigh in and it's no problem.

Just one word of warning though. If the class has already moved to the electronic cards then you need to tell the consultant when you buy the countdown if you have any holiday weeks planned during that period. Also folk here have said that if they were ill they still lost a week of their countdown just because weeks off need to programmed in advance. But quite how you're supposed to know in advance that you're going to be too sick for class is beyond me!

Yep - you can weigh at different groups. If I can't make my group in the evening, I go to the express weigh in and it's no problem.

Express weigh in - does that mean you just weigh, but don't stay? Sorry for all the questions, been going to SW for a while but literally just jumping straight on the scales and heading straight back out the door, only just getting my head round all the different aspects :)

That's right. You should think about staying for class though. It's been proven that people who stay to class lose more than those who disappear after weigh-in.

I haven't heard that about being ill but then as you need to book holidays in advance I can see it might cause a problem with illness. If you tell your C before group surely she could book it off or whatever has to be done like a holiday. I haven't been ill but would not be happy if I were and lost a week even after phoning the C before class. SWHQ would hear about it.;)

Express weigh in - does that mean you just weigh, but don't stay? Sorry for all the questions, been going to SW for a while but literally just jumping straight on the scales and heading straight back out the door, only just getting my head round all the different aspects :)

Yep the express WI has no class, it's just for getting weighed. It's a city centre class so I guess it was started as there was a demand for weigh-in's for commuters and people who work longer hours and can't make a regular class.

It's handy for the odd time when I can't make my own class.

That's right. You should think about staying for class though. It's been proven that people who stay to class lose more than those who disappear after weigh-in.

I shall be doing from now on, I've made a bit of a summer resolution to take SW more seriously rather than playing at it like I have been since February - need to get my money's worth!!

I volunteer at pay and weigh in our group and I know that as long as you notify your consultant in advance of your group that you are ill - you should not lose a week of your countdown. She even contacts head office to try and get an adjustment if people have been ill but havent notified her in time.

You do lose a week if you take a holiday - but only if you decide to take a holiday mid-way through. If you book all your holidays at the same time you buy your count down you are fine.

I've been on the GP vouchers since I joined, but those run out soon so I will definitely be getting a 12 week CD when they finish - at the moment you get a free summer cooking booklet, plus of course your 12 weeks for the price of 10.

Back