6 weeks to lose 1 stone: my diary

So, I'm hoping this will be a real big boost. Put on a bit of weight and going to use the summer holidays to do the 5:2 diet with slimming world on the other days.

Day one: 15 stone 1 lb

Here I go...

Day 1:

Kicked today off with a mammoth run. Think I probably burned 400 cals. Worked it out on my fitness pal, but always knock off about 100 just in case.

So far food going well:

Breakfast: banana and toffee muller light

Lunch: 4 ryvita with longley Farm fat free cottage cheese.

Snack: orange and nectarine

Feeling good at the moment...:D

Day 1:

Dinner: jacket potatoe, tuna with sweet corn and light salad cream.

Calories for the day: 1213
calories burned: 400

Brilliant food and exercise day. Belly still rumbling though. Why? :p

Day 2: started with exercise. Mini 15 run. Didn't want to strain legs after beast run yesterday.

Breakfast: banana, nectarine, muller yoghurt. God start :D ...

Day 2:

Lunch: ate out for lunch today so tried to keep it good. Had something called a 'bang bang chicken salad' which was on all accounts delicious. Salad, pine nuts (which were probably the most calories) and then 3 small pieces of chicken with s sticky chiese sauce. Worked out at around 400 calories. I think I'll try to re create this my self as it was delicious :p

Dinner: veg stir fry with boiled rice. Just used fresh spices and soy so all free on Sw

Another good day :D

Day 3: good morning. Exercise time. This morning it's working on the belly fat, getting in my crunches and aerobics. (Legs need a rest day) :screwy:

Day 2: amazing exercise day but not so good on the food front.

Was out all day at a mini festival so was tempted by the bad food and beer, however it was an hours walk up massive hills there and back so going I've compensated a little there. Better day tomorrow. Going to try first fast day.

Day 4: fast day

Started the day with tea. Waiting until I'm hungry before I start. Any advice on best way to tackle fast day would be welcome.

Hi Daisy,

I'm doing 5:2 too, though am now going to make it 4:3 as I'm not feeling it all that difficult at all. (then again I have started on appetite suppressants and though they don't seem amazing I expect they are doing something). Most advice I read is to hardly eat throughout day but eat in evening. I personally find it much better to graze on small "meals" through out the day. Lots of salad. I eat protein mainly at lunch otherwise I get crabby, but by tea time Im not fussed so simple veg or salads are fine.

Egg white omelettes with spinach, tomatoes and fab for low calorie b/f.

Would love to hear how you got on.

x

Day 4: fast day.

B: tea
L: 2 ryvita and cottage cheese
D: tuna, pasta, ice berg lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, light salad cream, Green pepper, onion

Didn't quite make 500 was over. Total calories 660. Will avoid pasta next time, think I did well enough though. A good SW day though even if I didn't quite fast enough :D

Hey, thanks for the tips,

I was over by 160 calories, should have left out the carbs. I found eating a little in the middle of the day and a big salad for dinner worked quite well. Tea was a good suppressant as well.

How long have you been doing it? Have you lost much? I'm weighing in on Wednesday so going to have final fast day on Tuesday.

I definitely find leaving out the carbs makes in possible!

Not long at all, probably only a week, but I find most days I'm eating the 500 mark. Which wasn't my plan but just how things seem to be going at the moment. Weighing in tomorrow morning so will see then if there has been any difference. Very excited to jump on scales. Lol, I can't believe I actually said that.

Have a look at cauliflower recipes, I don't know whether I have been living in a hole, but people are using this as an alternative to rice and mashed potatoes. Though I have tried neither recipe I certainly plan on doing so this week.

x

Let me know how you get on tomorrow. Someone else told me they do a 4:3 week as they found alternate days helped them lose the weight quicker. One I get the hang of it I might try that depending on how I find the weight loss. Just read up on all the health benefits as well and it seems like a good life choice.

Day 5: SW Green Day.

B: banana and muller light
L: beans on toast with a little cheese
D: Quarn sausage and mash
Syns: gravy = 5

Exercise: 20 min run

Will calculate calories eaten and burned when the days over. Feeling good, know it's only been a week but heads in the right place currently :D

Hi Daisy,

I weighed in this morning with an 11 pounds loss! Yay me.

That puts me down to 15 stone 1 lb.

Hope your fast is going well. I too am on a fast day.

Think I will try 4:3 this week, if not 3:4.

On my non fast days I don't eat over 1000 cals either. Am super pleased with the loss, let me know how you get on tomorrow.

x

Dude that's amazing. So far today I have had:

B: tea (Black)
L: coffee (Black) and **** loads of water

So far on 34 calories. Walked for about an hour and half so burned 150 cals.

Planning on making a Quarn Shepherds pie for dinner with cauliflower on top instead of potatoes. Worked out cals to about 450 for the day.

Nervous about weighing in tomorrow. I'll let you know how I go xx

Day 6: second fast day.

Found today easier than the last one. Managed not to eat my fist at lunch with mum this afternoon, and had a coffee with a glass of water. (Will power):cool:

So. ..

B: pot of tea (Black), 3 sugars
L: coffee (Black)
D: shepherd's pie: onion, Garlic, celery, carrots, Quarn mince chopped tomatoes, 2 oxo cubes, cajun spice, salt, pepper, Lee and perrins and instead of potatoes to top the pie I mashed cauliflower. Boiled it first. Added some skimmed milk and 25g mature cheddar, salt and pepper. Worked really well as a carb sub! Thanks for the top tip.

Total cals: 608
Cals burned: 178
Net cals: 430

Pleased with today :D

Glad mashed cauliflower worked for you!!

Have bought a nice lot of cauliflower today so will be trying it soon.

Theres a great recipe out there for "Cauliflower Rice". 137 cals per portion. It look lovely, will let you know if its any good.

x

Back