6 weeks to skinnydom

5lbs is brilliant Amy,well done.I have a funny feeling we'll be pretty much the same weight when I weigh in on Friday ( I'll have a week and a half under my belt then so hoping for a big whoosh).

What height are you?Im a tiny 5 ft 2 so you can see every pound of that 12 stone on me....cant wait to get it all off-first goal is 10 stone and we'll see from there.

Good luck with the diet club-it's a brilliant idea!

Well done!! That's brilliant! Bet everyone else was nil by mouth and thinking 'I just saw her drink water!!' Ha ha. That's a great loss and yeah the closer to your natural weight you are the harder it becomes to shift, but you will get there.
Hope all's ok with your Aunty and she can come home soon.
Xx

5lbs is brilliant Amy,well done.I have a funny feeling we'll be pretty much the same weight when I weigh in on Friday ( I'll have a week and a half under my belt then so hoping for a big whoosh).

What height are you?Im a tiny 5 ft 2 so you can see every pound of that 12 stone on me....cant wait to get it all off-first goal is 10 stone and we'll see from there.

Good luck with the diet club-it's a brilliant idea!

Ooh exciting!! What was your starting weight? I'm 5ft9/10 so quite tall. I get away with being heavier even when I was nearly 16 stone and a size 20 I looked smaller because I was so tall. The ONLY advantage believe me, finding a man is a nightmare!! Haha.

There is a girl in work who is 5ft11 and only half a stone lighter than me and she's a size 10 so I'm hoping I should defo be in the 10s at 10st9. Only 17lbs to go, doesn't seem long when I put it like that, some people on here lose than in a week the lucky sods haha.

10 stone is such a good weight for most people, I think that's why most people aim for it. I'd love to be 10st but can't imagine me ever getting there. 10st9 seems so much more achievable for me xxx

Well done!! That's brilliant! Bet everyone else was nil by mouth and thinking 'I just saw her drink water!!' Ha ha. That's a great loss and yeah the closer to your natural weight you are the harder it becomes to shift, but you will get there.
Hope all's ok with your Aunty and she can come home soon.
Xx

Thankyou!! I think 12st is about my natural weight because I always gravitate back there and never really go over that, I can eat quite badly and stay around that weight. No more though!! I want to be a skinny minny finally. I've never ever been a size 10, I have one size 10 dress that fits me perfectly when I'm 11st5 (the green one in my pics) and I bought it specifically as my weight loss dress. It still fits now but only because it's backless!! I want to be a 10 all over not just around my waist. I've never worn size 10 jeans apart from when I was about 10 years old ha. With any luck I will get there by my birthday next month.

My aunty is still in hospital, not sure when she's coming home. I'll ring her on my lunch and make sure she's ok xxx

Hey babeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Hows you today? I am goooooooooooooood back on track since yesterday & its amazing how much better you feel when you are in control of your diet dont ya think.

Anyway hows your Aunty have you managed to speak to her??

Ooooooooh thats good that your Diet Club started today you are gonna win I can just tellllllllllllllllllllll

Dxxx

Ooh exciting!! What was your starting weight? I'm 5ft9/10 so quite tall. I get away with being heavier even when I was nearly 16 stone and a size 20 I looked smaller because I was so tall. The ONLY advantage believe me, finding a man is a nightmare!! Haha. There is a girl in work who is 5ft11 and only half a stone lighter than me and she's a size 10 so I'm hoping I should defo be in the 10s at 10st9. Only 17lbs to go, doesn't seem long when I put it like that, some people on here lose than in a week the lucky sods haha. 10 stone is such a good weight for most people, I think that's why most people aim for it. I'd love to be 10st but can't imagine me ever getting there. 10st9 seems so much more achievable for me xxx

My re-start weight ( which was only last week) was 12 stone...when I started Cambridge 3 years ago I was 13 1/2 stone,got to about 10 stone 4 and here I am again....after I had my 2nd child in 2008 I reached 15 1/2 stone...I shudder at the thoughts of it....

I have 2 very tall friends,one is 5 ft 11 and when we go out on the town we must look ridiculous-she's way over 6 ft in heels-I might get to 5 ft 5 in mine..She has lost a lot of weight with WW and is about 11 1/2 stone and size 12.The other is 5 ft 10 and for the first time in her life is struggling with her weight. Just because you're taller and the perception is that you can carry it better than a short a**e like me doesn't make you feel any better does it?

One is happily married ,one isn't ( although in a very dis functional relationship)-but the amount of men that are intimidated by them is unreal...I call it small man syndrome ?

You'll get to 10 stone 9 ....look how far you've come.A mere 17lbs away....just keep thinking that to stay motivated...you're almost there!!!!

Lainey it's so hard - height makes such a difference. My tall friends don't realise. One said what do you weigh and I said 11 and she goes oh me too, you don't need to lose anymore!! I said I'm 'overweight' and it's not healthy. She says that's silly because she's normal weight. I say yep, you certainly are, you're also 5 inches taller than me!! They don't think it makes any difference but it can be the difference between being a healthy bmi or overweight or obese.
Crazy!!

Xx

I've had exactly the same conversation Sammy-I know they're trying to help but it really doesn't help me!! I'm small and fat and that's the end of it !

I've been reading a little bit about BMI calculations and the flaw with them.Im not looking for excuses-I know I'm overweight but the very highest I should weigh is 10 st according to BMI calculations.My lowest weight with Cambridge was 10 st 4 and I was a very comfortable size 10.I think anything much smaller than that and I would look ill ( mind you I'd still like the opportunity to see it hehehe) .BMI doesn't take into account age and having babies or the fact that solid muscle weighs a lot.Ok I don't have a problem with muscle but look at all those rugby players...

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that this time I'm more concerned with how I feel about myself rather than how much I weigh and I feel fantastic closer to the magic number 10-let's see

Sorry I've hijacked again!!!

Very true on the bmi front. And yes 10 is the magic number!! If I don't see a 10 something next time I weigh in I will actually throw myself to the floor in an oscar winning dramatic way and cry.

Hey babeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Hows you today? I am goooooooooooooood back on track since yesterday & its amazing how much better you feel when you are in control of your diet dont ya think.

Anyway hows your Aunty have you managed to speak to her?

Ooooooooh thats good that your Diet Club started today you are gonna win I can just tellllllllllllllllllllll

Dxxx

Hiya doll, bloody hell you are in a good mood haha. Had a good day diet wise, bloody came on today though (excuse the pun) so my skins a mess, I'm cranky and I'm huuuungry!! Had 2 shakes and a chicken salad so gonna have a brew and a bar when I get home from work and CHILLLL.

Glad you're back on it, only 7 weeks til xmas now so better stick with it hadn't we xx

My re-start weight ( which was only last week) was 12 stone...when I started Cambridge 3 years ago I was 13 1/2 stone,got to about 10 stone 4 and here I am again....after I had my 2nd child in 2008 I reached 15 1/2 stone...I shudder at the thoughts of it....

I have 2 very tall friends,one is 5 ft 11 and when we go out on the town we must look ridiculous-she's way over 6 ft in heels-I might get to 5 ft 5 in mine..She has lost a lot of weight with WW and is about 11 1/2 stone and size 12.The other is 5 ft 10 and for the first time in her life is struggling with her weight. Just because you're taller and the perception is that you can carry it better than a short a**e like me doesn't make you feel any better does it?

One is happily married ,one isn't ( although in a very dis functional relationship)-but the amount of men that are intimidated by them is unreal...I call it small man syndrome ?

You'll get to 10 stone 9 ....look how far you've come.A mere 17lbs away....just keep thinking that to stay motivated...you're almost there!!!!

Men are 100% intimidated by tall women!! I really struggle to meet people because I'm well over 6ft on a night out as well!! I need a 6"4 man mjnimum but there's hardly any about!!

Doesn't sound a lot when it's put in pounds, if I can lose 4lbs this week I'll be the happiest person EVER because I'll be less than a stone til goal. Last time I got so close to the 10s I gave up!! Never managed to get there in the end hence being back here. I didn't have fat club at work then though so really glad I've got that to keep me motivated xxx

Thread hijack all you want!! Gives me something to read through on my way home from work, waiting for the bus in the FREEZING COLD!!! Lots of people tell me I don't need to lose weight but I still feel big, I know I'm nowhere bear what I was but when you feel bloated and like the double chin is making a comeback you feel like ****!! I want to feel slim for once, look at myself and not think I look horrid and frumpy. It's all how we perceive ourselves at the end of the day and how we feel so if dieting makes me feel good and confident I'll do it no matter what anyone says xxx

Definitely. It's how you feel and you can receive a million compliments, but it still won't change how you feel in yourself.
Diet club must be a great motivator!! Xx

Definitely. It's how you feel and you can receive a million compliments, but it still won't change how you feel in yourself.
Diet club must be a great motivator!! Xx

It really is!! If every work place brought it in then nobody would be fat. I'm so determined to win it's untrue!! I've always found being at work easier to diet, my old job I only had half hour lunch and no breaks so used my kunch throughout the day as my fag breaks and sat at my desk with my shake. Didn't have another option so the weight just dropped off, I remember eating a lindt chocolate and people actually clapping me because its the first time they'd seen me eat ha. I wanna be like that again, super strict xxx

Very true on the bmi front. And yes 10 is the magic number!! If I don't see a 10 something next time I weigh in I will actually throw myself to the floor in an oscar winning dramatic way and cry.

Hahaaaaa if I throw myself dramatically to the floor until I see a 10 on the scales my house will probably fall down!!!

Love this tho

Dxxx

It really is!! If every work place brought it in then nobody would be fat. I'm so determined to win it's untrue!! I've always found being at work easier to diet, my old job I only had half hour lunch and no breaks so used my kunch throughout the day as my fag breaks and sat at my desk with my shake. Didn't have another option so the weight just dropped off, I remember eating a lindt chocolate and people actually clapping me because its the first time they'd seen me eat ha. I wanna be like that again, super strict xxx

You are very motivated about it this time so you will NOT give up!!!!

Diet club will defo help they started one in my work ages ago but ended up cancelling it as loads of people dropped out.

They could really be doin with one in my work tho loads of people have just got really really big cos its just sitting about drinking full fat juice, lattes & munching all the unhealthy food out the vending machines & canteen.

I am just having my own wee fat club on here tho you gals are all much nicer to chat to!

Dxxx

Sammy you're a scream...I'm picturing you having a full on tantrum in front of your little girl-hahaha!!!

Yes Dolly,the diet club here is fab,isn't it?

ooh just looking back through the thread and I promised weekly pictures. I'll take some tomorrow in the morning and compare to last week. Doubt there will be much of a difference but hoping to keep me motivated!! Anyone else in for photo club? I love sifting through people's weight loss photos xx

Back