61lb gone in six months!

just thought i would pop in and say Hi

hope you enjoy your cruise it sounds fantastic

xx

Hi there lucysmummy!

Aw thanks for your lovely comments, and good luck with ww. I see from your stats that you have a sad face next to a loss of 1lb. It's still a loss, so give yourself a pat on the back. You are one step closer to your goal...:) so put a happy face there. Go on!

AJ

Sounds wonderful and some very exciting places

Irene xx

You know Irene, I am just looking forward to lying in the sun by the pool and sipping cocktails:D.

It is a bonus to visit these lovely cities and towns and mooch around them. We are going horse riding when in Civitaveccia - even Adrian! I am a tiny bit worried about how he'll cope though. It's years since he rode a horse:eek:. It's funny but I wouldn't have dared even consider horse riding six months ago... sad really.

Anyway, saying a few prayers for Cat just now, hope her surgery went ok.

AJ

I had another loss on Thursday and had a chat to the ww leader. I have decided to try and maintain what I've lost for the summer holidays and decide in August whether to continue maintaining, or try and lose another 14lbs. That would take me to 11 stone and just less than 25bmi.

Summer holidays have in the past been the catalyst for past failures, mainly I think because I don't have the discipline of being at work and therefore out of the kitchen. There is little structure and too many opportunities to eat - lots of eating out. Still, a little bit of planning ahead could counteract these challenges.

Somewhat worried about succeeding in maintaining as it has always been a real difficulty in the past. However, that's the past, and there is no good dwelling on it, except in respect of learning from any mistakes that is;).

So, I'm just a bit worried and that is a positive thing I think. My main concern is putting on weight, even half a lb would upset me:(. In the past it has meant great anxiety which has merely fueled fears of putting everything back on, and then actually going on to do that very thing! Crazy or what? It's like I made a 'mistake' and threw the towel in and said ' oh well, I have screwed up, I'm not going to try'.

Well, that's not going to happen this time. If you think you'll succeed you'll succeed, if you think you'll fail you'll fail.

I don't know where that quote comes from, but it is one thing I have on my mind just now to help me.

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread about going for a colonic irrigation session. It was a positive experience and I went for another yesterday (with another booked for Thurs). It was the best yet and I got rid of loads of trapped wind. Boy did I feel better for it. Then lady I see also does counselling sessions and we ended up having a sort of 'mini session' while I was lying there. I have been driven up the wall by my son's behaviour at home. He had a disappointing school report:cry: and we went on to attend an equally disappointing parents evening:(. I had a bit of a panic about him, his life, future, choices, attitude etc., and decided to start small in my efforts to change his behaviour.

He never gets himself up for school in the morning and I always have to get him up. Shouting up the stairs several times and getting more annoyed. So I decided that I would not shout up the stairs and he would have to get himself up and be downstairs by 7.45. I figured that was ok. If he did, he could have a social life after school that day.

Well, we started last Monday and it was Tuesday morning when we had a breakthrough. He did indeed come downstairs, dressed, at 7.45. Yippee! Wednesday was 7.50 - good. Thursday and Friday I had to wake him at 8 oclock. I was not a happy bunny and took it out on my daugher (did apologise later). Wondered what on earth I was going to do to make him get himself up for school. Wondered what would happen next week (final week before the end of term). Didn't come up with any answers.

Anyway, chatting to colonic lady, I touched on this subject and this is what she said. First of all she pointed out that I am trying to impose my own values on J and expecting him to share them. I do have a thing about being late. When he fails, I get angry and he feels a failure. What I need to do is allow him to make the decision for himself, give him the power to succeed. So, if on Monday he does not get up by 8am. I will not wake him, or call him. I will just leave for work as usual and if he does not get up, he will be late. One day last week this happened even when I'd shouted at him to get up. I was mortified when I got a text from school to say he was not there. His guidence teacher had a chat with him. I don't want that to happen again, but I have to let him take responsibility for getting up, and he has to pay the consequenses when he doesn't. I will not judge his efforts any more, but will accept what happens.

It all makes more sense now. I feel that this is the way to go. He has to make his own mistakes, I cannot make him do anything if he does not have the will to do it. There will be consequences, and he has to decide whether these are worth paying for.

Now it feels like a worry has been removed. I am looking forward to next week to see what happens. Will he finally take responsibility for getting up, will he not? Watch this space...

AJ

Lots of issues for you to solve there AJ. The plan re son seems sound to me, difficult but sound.

Maintenance just requires positive thoughts and a plan to succeed and you have the mindset to do that this time.

Enjoy your hols

M

Lots of issues for you to solve there AJ. The plan re son seems sound to me, difficult but sound.

Maintenance just requires positive thoughts and a plan to succeed and you have the mindset to do that this time.

Enjoy your hols

M

Difficult indeed:sigh:. I will try it this week and see how things go.

I reckon you are right about having the right mindset. This time I will be ok.

Had a bit of a test today when we went to a local all you can eat chinese buffet. We've been a few times since I've been doing ww and today, as on the other occasions, I did ok. I left feeling that I eaten everything I wanted, and that my choices were considered. One of the tricks is to use a small plate on each visit to the hot plates just to get a taster of what I fancy. Then to sit and chat for ten minutes before going back for something else. It is surprising how quickly you get full doing that. Finished with a bit of ice cream and fruit.

I was wearing a new dress for the outing, size 14:), five inch heels (still shorter than son:eek:), and felt great. Maybe that helped me to keep in line. Whatever, I am feeling positive about coping with food on holiday.

AJ

Hi Aj! Just a nod to let you know I found the strength to creep back on to Minis. (Too fulll of shame etc before now, but you know all about that.)

Just wanted to air publicly how much personal support you have given me, what a great friend you have been albiet one I've yet to meet, and how much our conversations, emails etc have pushed me forward.

You deserve a brilliant cruise, and you will be fine. You head so is in the right place, its fab. Will email you soon re teenage sons, as so similar here too!! (Oh and it does irk me that you will be so close, for a brief spell, on Sat and I still wont meet you. grrrr...hopefully one day!)

Much love. xx

Back