61lb gone in six months!

guess knowing what your trigger foods are is a great help. i mostly know mine but dont always avoid them and where does that lead......
know what you mean about people comments but as long as they are being positive so should you!!

guess knowing what your trigger foods arewhat are yours? is a great help. i mostly know mine but dont always avoid them and where does that lead...... oh, I think we know:sigh:...
know what you mean about people comments but as long as they are being positive so should you!!

Yeah, I guess I don't really notice the difference, but perhaps from the outside I do look different.
AJ

Hi AJ, I know exactly what you mean re colleagues comments and how they make you feel but you will get used to it and then you'll get a real buzz/feel good factor from it - make the most of it and enjoy!!!

Am sure that as you slide into the size 14's in the next few months it will inspire you forwards so that you wont want to return to where you've been before. Besides as long as you stick around here we simply just wont let you!!!

Also by admitting the fact that it would not have been a good idea to chomp away on a cheese/ham sarnie you've proved to yourself that you now recognise those triggers/old habits - hey that in itself is one hell of a great sign that you wont slide back into bad ways!

Hope you're doing okay - we're all here for you xxx

Can't believe that it's two weeks since I posted. Thanks for your lovely positive comments, Jax:).

I got some of my cruise clobber down from the loft this weekend (it was raining cats and dogs, no way I was going out in that:(). Tried some evening dresses on, and some of them fit! Tried some of the cocktail frocks on and some of them fit too! Enough so I don't need to buy any new ones this year:eek:, but I probably will anyway:D.

There are a couple of lovely dresses which will only fit if I get back down to tenish stone, but I don't think that is going to happen - in fact I don't particularly want it too, it is just not me. I will be happy with 11 or 11.7 (I will be under 25 BMI). So, another stone or stone and a half to go I think.

We have a new leader at our ww group. After a longish period of uncertainty, this is a good thing. I am looking forward to seeing how she gets to grips with the meeting, stamping her own ideas and putting new motivations in place to support everyone.

Take care everyone!

AJ

what a great motivator to get into all those lovely clothes that have been stashed away for so long - well done.

Think its a good idea to get a target in mind that you will be comfortable maintaining x

Well done for getting into the Jeans - amazing feeling isn't it :D x

"....what a great motivator to get into all those lovely clothes that have been stashed away for so long - well done.

Think its a good idea to get a target in mind that you will be comfortable maintaining x...."

Well, we all have that stash of 'slim clothes' that we reluctantly put away when we can't get into them any more:(. Interestingly, I always get rid of the 'fat' clothes when they don't fit any more, I don't keep them. I guess it maybe tempts fate if I stick them in the loft, because there is no way I want to have to go up there to get them down in the future.

It is great to be able to wear these things again, and I remember the last time I wore them - it's a kind of bitter-sweet moment.

AJ

Well done for getting into the Jeans - amazing feeling isn't it :D x

Yes Loulabella, it is nice to be able to look in a full length mirror (in daughters' room) and not wince at the sight. The jeans are getting a bit loose now, so one day soon I may need to get a smaller size (14):D.

AJ

One day will be sooner than you think.... It can be done and it will be :D I can't wait till I get in that size smaller... :D

One day will be sooner than you think.... It can be done and it will be :D I can't wait till I get in that size smaller... :D

Mornin' Loulabella!

It is great to see that you are almost at your target BMI:). I wish you the best of luck staying there;).

Yesterday I wore a top that I had not been able to fit for two years. It brought back memories of the last time I wore it, and helped me realise how far I've come with this.

I hope that those memories will help me to keep this weight off this time.

AJ

Fab news - you're wasting away there! Hope all is going well!

Ha Ha:D. Hardly. I am not yet at the stage of getting the size 14's. Was in New Look on Sunday trying on cropped jeans. The size 16s fitted very comfortably but I didn't get them. I will wait for a few more weeks to see if the 14s fit by then;). I can get into a few tops now that are size 14 though, that I'd kept from the last time (two years ago).

AJ

Lost another lb at meeting on Thursday - well pleased. The new leader (Liz) is proving very popular and the class was very busy.

It's only five weeks or so until our summer holiday, and I was looking for swimming costumes with DD. Couldn't find anything that fitted properly on top. My boobs have a life of their own and need serious discipline:eek:. What I mean is, the flimsy tops that are around just don't keep them in order. If I dive in the pool, they will go their own way and I might be arrested:D. So, arrived home with nothing, but had a look in my drawers for my tankini from a couple of years ago, when I'd finished LL originally. The top is a size 12, the bottoms a size 14. Got them on and they are ok. The top is a bit tight just now, but crucially, it keeps my boobs in their correct position, even when jumping up and down:p. Phew, problem solved.

I was thinking about the times we are triggered to want to eat something and either fight the feeling or give in to it - usually giving in to it:confused:. Adverts on telly for chocolate really do my head in and sometimes I am switched on to wanting chocolate, even when it has not been on my mind previously. Then what follows may be two things; either there is chocolate in the house and I try to steer myself away from it and don't always succeed; or there is no chocolate and I spend the evening thinking about it covertly and it's like an itch I can't scratch. At this point I may eat something else, like cereal - very bad idea.

Now, KDs's idea for getting through this difficulty is to accept that we may have the urge to eat chocolate (or whatever), but we don't have to act on it. So, I had this visualisation (I posted it on another thread) where I am sitting on the couch at home next to a big piece of white card with the the word and picture of whatever it is I am craving written large, next to me. Instead of trying to kick it away (fear), or or give in and embrace it (desire), just sit, acknowledge it, shrug, (indifference) and move on.

It is a different way of thinking, and I have had some success doing it. One of the things it addresses is the "I want it and I want it now" type of thinking (complete with stamping foot and screwed up face). That's got to stop:rolleyes:. It all starts and ends with me.

Regards to everyone!

AJ

Hi AJ

Brilliant post about dealing with the cravings. As you know I've had a bit of trouble with the cravings myself and the "sitting with it" sounds appealing but I've not really been able to figure out how exactly to do that. But I love the idea of the big piece of card with the item on it and it makes perfect sense. Thank you again for all your wise words :D

Good news on the tankini. I know that a few people use Bravissimo for swimwear as you can get the necessary support.

Bravissimo Swimwear for D - K Cup Women

I can't believe it's so soon until your holiday - seems like only 2 minutes since you were booking it!

Hi AJ

Brilliant post about dealing with the cravings. As you know I've had a bit of trouble with the cravings myself and the "sitting with it" sounds appealing but I've not really been able to figure out how exactly to do that. But I love the idea of the big piece of card with the item on it and it makes perfect sense. Thank you again for all your wise words :D

Good news on the tankini. I know that a few people use Bravissimo for swimwear as you can get the necessary support.

Bravissimo Swimwear for D - K Cup Women

I can't believe it's so soon until your holiday - seems like only 2 minutes since you were booking it!

Thanks for that link, Sarah, there are some lovely costumes for us well-endowed ladies. It would be nice to be able to take advantage of a £3 special from ASDA though! Having said that, they do fab bras up to an F size for £4 - amazing.

The cravings thing - its a biggie. Today we had a barbie and later I wanted to eat. Nothing to do with being hungry at all, I just wanted something sweet. I had points available so weighed out some ice-cream (Mackies Mmmm). I remember thinking that in the past I might have finished the tub. That sort of insane behaviour has got to remain in the past if I want to have any chance of maintaining this time.

I spend a lot of time at the moment thinking about how to maintain the weight loss. See, I've no experience at maintaining. I am usually either putting on or losing - both which I am very skilled at:D.

That programme that was on one of the BBC channelsthis week "10 things you didn't know about dieting" I think it was called, made some interesting points, but ultimately I know that I need to stop using food as an emotional crutch, and I reckon that success is more likely to follow if I can do that.

I've just noticed your BMI - 25.5! Whoopie:D. I am imagining you enjoying working on the pier in the warm sunshine - Llandudno is lovely at this time of year. Last time I walked the pier (in spring), I needed thawing out afterwards;).

AJ

Walked into town this morning with DD and the sun was shining at first, then it started raining, then hailing, then the sun came out again. Each time we would run and hide under a tree because we didn't have coats on:rolleyes:.

DD was confiding that she was not looking forward to going swimming when we go on holiday in three weeks because she has developed stretch marks on her hips and thighs so can't wear her bikini. Sure enough, when we were trying costumes on I saw what she meant. When stretch marks are new, they are horrible and red, but eventually fade to white over time. I said that she could get a new tankini which would cover the bits she didn't like on her hips/waist. There is nothing we can do about the marks on her thighs though. She uses bio-oil to try to reduce the effects, but I don't know how effective this will be, I just know it is expensive.

We made appointments for hair do's and false nails for just before the hols:D. I was toying with the idea of having a spray tan, but chickened out - what if it goes wrong? I'll just have to look pale and interesting;).

I didn't get to my ww meeting this week, went to a leaving do at work. I reckon I would have lost another lb though. It is coming off nice and slowly now and I feel that I am close to wanting to maintain what I've lost. Interestingly, last night I weighed myself and was 12.7 (dressed), first thing this morning just wearing nighty I was 12.2 1/2 - a difference of 4 1/2 lbs. Wow. It would be interesting to do an experiment and weigh-in every hour throughout the day to see the fluctuation. Hmmm.

Had parents evening for DS this week. He'd brought home his report the previous Friday. It was dire. The parents evening was worse. He is not bothered. Aaarrggh!:( Very frustrated. He has final exams next year and unless he pulls his finger out, he will not make his target grades. Trying to get a handle on dealing with this is like trying to grab a slippery eel - elusive, and going round in circles.

Ah well. I'll just keep trying...

AJ

Walked into town this morning with DD and the sun was shining at first, then it started raining, then hailing, then the sun came out again. Each time we would run and hide under a tree because we didn't have coats on:rolleyes:.

AJ, you live in Falkirk and you go out without a coat on! :eek:

We made appointments for hair do's and false nails for just before the hols:D. I was toying with the idea of having a spray tan, but chickened out - what if it goes wrong? I'll just have to look pale and interesting;).

I did that last year and I was the only person on the beach getting whiter as their holiday progressed....not a great look! Holiday skin (normal to darker skin) - apply it for about 3 days before you go and voila - then take it with you for topping up purposes (unless you actually go brown in the sun which I don't)

Had parents evening for DS this week. He'd brought home his report the previous Friday. It was dire. The parents evening was worse. He is not bothered. Aaarrggh!:( Very frustrated. He has final exams next year and unless he pulls his finger out, he will not make his target grades. Trying to get a handle on dealing with this is like trying to grab a slippery eel - elusive, and going round in circles.

Will he be doing standard grades next year? My youngest didn't seem that bothered and was getting less than perfect reports in 3rd year - he really knuckled down in 4th year though and has come on leaps and bounds...hopefully your lad will turn this around.

DD was confiding that she was not looking forward to going swimming when we go on holiday in three weeks because she has developed stretch marks on her hips and thighs so can't wear her bikini. Sure enough, when we were trying costumes on I saw what she meant. When stretch marks are new, they are horrible and red, but eventually fade to white over time. I said that she could get a new tankini which would cover the bits she didn't like on her hips/waist.
AJ

hi AJ, Im just turned 21 and have my honeymoon and also 2 girly hols planned this summer so was also worried as I have lots of stretchmarks from pregnancy. Have you seen the new fasion 1 pieces in the highstreet? Ive got some gorjus ones and they actually tuck me in a lil to. How old is your daughter? there are some really skimpy ones in highstreet, but also try asda, I got 2 from there and LOVE them, not because they cover me up, but because they are nice and girly to :) have a peek xx

Back