61lb gone in six months!

AJ, you live in Falkirk and you go out without a coat on! :eek:

Ha! First glimpse of sun and I'm out there half naked:D. I often get caught out by the weather though:confused: and end up soggy.

I did that last year and I was the only person on the beach getting whiter as their holiday progressed....not a great look! Holiday skin (normal to darker skin) - apply it for about 3 days before you go and voila - then take it with you for topping up purposes (unless you actually go brown in the sun which I don't)

Hmmm, yes I think that's what we'll do. One of DDs friends had a spray tan last year, it was less than perfect and that's what put me off. I've bought a few new white tops which will hopefully emphasise any tan I do manage to get as I don't tan easily either. DD does however and I am hopeful that after a couple of days she will feel less conspicuous about her stretch marks once they are tanned.

Will he be doing standard grades next year? My youngest didn't seem that bothered and was getting less than perfect reports in 3rd year - he really knuckled down in 4th year though and has come on leaps and bounds...hopefully your lad will turn this around.

It is what I am hoping too. However, so far he seems to be making a somewhat half hearted effort. Nagging is merely going to make him defensive and switched off, so treading carefully at the moment. I am pretty sure he'll make out ok in the long run, but I suppose worrying is what parents do:rolleyes:.

AJ

hi AJ, Im just turned 21 and have my honeymoon and also 2 girly hols planned this summer so was also worried as I have lots of stretchmarks from pregnancy. Have you seen the new fasion 1 pieces in the highstreet? Ive got some gorjus ones and they actually tuck me in a lil to. How old is your daughter? there are some really skimpy ones in highstreet, but also try asda, I got 2 from there and LOVE them, not because they cover me up, but because they are nice and girly to :) have a peek xx

Hia YumyMumy!

Thanks for your advice. We actually managed to get a lovely tankini in turquoise on Saturday. DD is very happy with it.

I notice you are getting married at Comlongdon Castle,

Comlongon Castle :: Scottish Castle Wedding Venue - Gretna's nearest Castle Wedding Venue in Scotland

just over the borders of Scotland. We had our familes staying there for a couple of days when we got married at Gretna registry office fourteen years ago. We had a look at the medieval part of the Castle which can be used for marriage ceremonies, it was really atmospheric, but we didn't want a religious wedding. The gardens were beautiful and our room, the bridal suite, had a huge four poster bed and jaccuzi, all the other guest rooms we booked had four posters too. I'd love to go back some time for another visit.

Well done too on losing more than fifty pounds so far, on Lipotrim. Only seven to go. Easy peasy:D.

Just got sent these totally adorable piccies.

Enjoy!

AJ

download
download

download
download

download
i_safe.gif

download
download

download
download

download
download

download
i_safe.gif

download
download

download
download

download

Oh no, Cat! I can see them, why can't you?:confused: They are just so-o-o-o cute kittens and puppies.

AJ

p.s. Still waiting patiently, hun?

:( can see them either, will try again tomorrow as excited about adorable pics! :D

Another loss this week, bringing me to 61 lb lost all together. I think I will concentrate of maintaining this loss during the summer holidays, rather than losing any more. Will hopefully manage this ok, and start back losing again come the start of the Autumn term.

Fingers crossed. AJ

Excellent loss AJ, be sure to enjoy your cruise and then back to it when Autumn comes

Good Luck

M

Excellent loss AJ, be sure to enjoy your cruise and then back to it when Autumn comes

Good Luck

M

Oh I fully intend to:D. I have challenged my kids to do a marathon challenge during the cruise. We will all go to the gym every day (except first and last day) and walk/run at least a couple of miles each time. Over the fortnight doing the 26.2 miles, or marathon distance. I reckon doing that it will encourage me to visit the gym every day to at least do the 2 mile daily run. Hopefully I may stay a bit longer and do other stuff too.

Perhaps if I time it for when they serve afternoon tea in the dining room...:eek:

AJ

Well done you - very impressive. Great idea about your cruise marathon - am sure you'll do fine, you certainly seem motivated enough. Have a fab time away - am dead jealous lol. Take care xxx

well done, whats ur tips

I dunno DD, losing the weight is not difficult. I see from your ticker that you lost weight over five or six months slow and steady - then it went wrong? and you put back on some of the weight. It's soul destroying when that happens:cry:.

So, you tell me, next time you embark on another diet, what will you do differently? You can listen to all the advice in the world but you have to be in the right place mentally to take it forward. I've lost weight and put it on loads of times so who am I to give advice, except to say that each time I have learned new lessons which have meant that I have been more successful for longer, but never long enough. Maybe this time I will crack it?

I have to get over the fear of losing control, the fear of putting any weight on, because that leads to panic, and that leads to more loss of control, more panic, and before I know it - significant weight gain - again.

So, you have to learn from your own personal mistakes DD, and hope that next time you can succeed...

Good luck.

AJ

Yeah, Sarah,

It's weird isn't it? My body fat percentage is 34/35% which is higher than when I did LL for the same amount of time. Hopefully, that'll continue to edge downwards a bit more.

However, congratulations to you :D getting to goal. Now, you got to stay there girl! Nine days to cruise:p, then I will arrange to pop down to Wales for a few days to see the folks... and yourself!
AJ

Where are you going on your cruise this year? And where do you sail from?

Irene xx

Hmmm, we go from Southampton and stop at Malaga and Barcelona (Sp), Ajaccio (Corsica), Civitaveccia and Naples (Italy), Monte Carlo (Monaco), and Gibraltar. I think I've missed one out, but you get the picture!

Particularly looking forward to revisiting Barcelona, Monte Carlo (I love the Grand Prix), and Naples (Vesuvius).

By the time you read this, Irene, you may be a Gran again! Fingers crossed everything with Cat goes ok. I'm thinking about the both of you...

AJ

Ten sleeps to go:D.

Back