6pack / flat tum in 6 weeks challenge

Ok for some reason it posted my post twice and not my work out ... Will write again.
I guess offset days are what ever days you want hun, as long as only max 2 times a week, of you want one. I'm probably gonna try and do something 6 times but not count the extra day.

Ok so day 2/5 week. 1/6 (2/30) done
Did 10 mins reverse curls ( stomach burning) but want a flat tum from top to bottom,
10 mins mixture of crunches, cycle crunches , the100 ( callanetics ),
did an extra 4 mins of standing twists with broom stick and weights in hand ( this is supposed to be the waist whittler) I want to reduce from all angles as much as possible).
Probable will do the standing twists every day as really easy.

That's my 20 mins done :) couldn't really be bothered but feel so much better for it and didn't wanna let the team down! I did a pilates DVD( it was actually more like 40 mins but about half of that focused on ab work!) Gina B I'm in awe of you being able to do 108 push ups, I can barely manage 1!! Are people have set 'off' days or just playing it by ear?
Good ghat motivation will give you great results, good work out.
Yeah I agree gina 108 push up class is amazing, nice inspiration to us all.

Well I've managed 10mins so far today. Kinda woke this morning in agony - clearly I worked my ab muscles yesterday. Not sure if I'll manage the other 10mins for today - there only so much i can take! Still it's 10mins more than I would have done any other day of my life so I'm happy. :)

Rainbowbear said:
Well I've managed 10mins so far today. Kinda woke this morning in agony - clearly I worked my ab muscles yesterday. Not sure if I'll manage the other 10mins for today - there only so much i can take! Still it's 10mins more than I would have done any other day of my life so I'm happy. :)

10 mins is good, I think it's important to listen to your body. Well done :). The more you exercise your abs the less pain you'll get as they get stronger :)

10 mins is good, I think it's important to listen to your body. Well done :). The more you exercise your abs the less pain you'll get as they get stronger :)

Thanks. Abs exercises is a completely new concept to me so I think practice and taking it slowly is the best way for me :) The motivation to do it to be able to post and say I've done something though is working for me - which is another newbie to me! So glad I found minimins and this thread.

Yeah I think 10 mins is great, you do what you can babe, it's the effort that counts at these beginning stages, your doing so good. Big smiles x

I have only done 12 mins today but want to start off slow might do a few more before bed. I should really start to split them to maybe 4 times a day to bulid them up. Then when I feel really tired like at the moment it wont feel that bad.

Week 1 session 2 (2 of 30)

KW fast abs (programme 1); made up of

Warm up, then

Standing side twists
Side bends
KW wide receiver
Front plank hold
Core Row
Hip pump & crunch
Seated figure 8
Side butt elevator
Spell Kettleworx

Then cool down

I have only done 12 mins today but want to start off slow might do a few more before bed. I should really start to split them to maybe 4 times a day to bulid them up. Then when I feel really tired like at the moment it wont feel that bad.
Absolutely good plan, you do what you can and build up, the first day I split mine up. Well done in doing 12 mins.

Week 1 session 2 (2 of 30)

KW fast abs (programme 1); made up of

Warm up, then

Standing side twists
Side bends
KW wide receiver
Front plank hold
Core Row
Hip pump & crunch
Seated figure 8
Side butt elevator
Spell Kettleworx

Then cool down

Wow sounds good, what is a seated figure 8?

Morning all :)

Day 3/30 for me.

Hope we don't have too many aches today? My obliques are hurting a little and also my shoulders!
Think I'm gonna do Davina power of 5 DVD today( abs section)

Just putting it in writing so I know I have to do it now :)

I also lost a pound today so all good :)

As promised I've completed the Davina 'high energy five' abs section which worked out to be 20 mins -really enjoyed it :)
Davina has really good abs especially after having babies( I have none) so if she can do it so can I!!

As promised I've completed the Davina 'high energy five' abs section which worked out to be 20 mins -really enjoyed it :)
Davina has really good abs especially after having babies( I have none) so if she can do it so can I!!
Liking it Hun, amazing.

Sliminthecity good loss of 1lb, I really want to weigh myself as well, but have to wait till Monday aaahhhhh

Ps will post results later just on way home from work, gonna do a Laura London YouTube work out.

That's my 20 mins done :) couldn't really be bothered but feel so much better for it and didn't wanna let the team down! I did a pilates DVD( it was actually more like 40 mins but about half of that focused on ab work!) Gina B I'm in awe of you being able to do 108 push ups, I can barely manage 1!! Are people have set 'off' days or just playing it by ear?

most were with my knee's under my hips! i cant do them on my toes and knee's away from hips gets too much after so many.

i cant view youtube on my laptop, or anything that needs flash player :( i somehow deleted flashplayer and now every download i do of it wont work. i can see it on my phone though

Carrieblue said:
Wow sounds good, what is a seated figure 8?

You sit on the mat, legs bent at the knees and lifting one knew up pass the KB under it and collect it with the other hand over the other knee, then around and under that knee and over the other knee, etc so it is passing in the figure of '8'

I hope the description makes sense!

You are meant to have both feet off the floor but I can't yet so I do 'lift -plonk -pass, lift -plonk -pass, etc :D

Back