7 stone. 10 months. Can it be done?

Lol, I know what you mean, weekend's are so much harder, I've stayed strong and I'm going to hit the hay :) xx

Well done Chrissy!

Ah ladies, have any of you been ill on the plan?
Yesterday I only managed 2 out of 4 packs n barely any water. My throat feels like sandpaper! Are we allowed throat sweets or anything?

Hey everyone, had my first Wi today. *lbs off, feel like its a good start, I just wish I was about 5 months down the line! ha ha! Welcome to the group Dawn. Wow, you lost 12lb in your first week, amazing. Hope you have nice night, hope you aren't tempted to too many drinks and chips on the way home! How is everyone doing tonight?

Hi VDub, night was pretty difficult in the end the bar was crammed which really stresses me out at the best of times never mind when sober but managed to stick to my waters all night! The killer was when all my friends got chicken nuggets and cheesy chips for the way home! Although once they had finished I did feel good that I had only had a coke zero!

On the plus side did feel like my dress fitted a bit better! Saturdays are definitely the hardest day of the week. I used to be fairly healthy all week and then binge big time on a Saturday!

Well done for resisting Chinese Chrissy... It's so hard once you've got a craving like that in your head! Xxx

I got over it and went to bed like a good girl, the scales are being hidden in the loft today because I'm sick of daily weighing, today my scales say I gained 3lbs which I don't think can be right, so they're being banished :p Weigh in tomorrow, not looking forward to it at all, but I must take it with a pinch of salt and get over it, onwards and upwards xx

Jemma, try the ultra chloraseptic throat spray stuff. It's better than lozenges and is not going to knock you out of ketosis. Gargling with tcp will be good too. Throat sweets are very sugary and usually have citrus flavourings, I wouldn't risk it.

You can always make your own lemsip. Hot water with flavouring and a soluble aspirin will be just as effective.

Hope you're better soon.

Lol, I know what you mean, weekend's are so much harder, I've stayed strong and I'm going to hit the hay :) xx

Well done Chrissy. Good for you!! x

Thanks :) Feeling a million bucks today... So much to do though.. and so little desire to actually do anything lol!xx

It's very difficult to stop yourself from weighing yourself constantly, I've become slightly obsessed! It's tough on the days when it looks like you haven't lost weight but on the days you have it just reminds you why you are going through this and spurs you on! Fingers crossed for your next weigh in- no doubt you will have a good loss and it will just be a bit of temporary water weight! That's what I've been telling myself anyway after drinking over 4 litres yesterday!! I'm so desperate to get back to 14 stone as that's what I was pre Xmas and then everything from there on down will feel like more of a loss! Xx

Well I survived a night out with my sister and 2 brothers (my sister's house - she cooked) I had my shake before and sat with my water while they ate and drank. I was fine and it was great to have a catch up. Today was ok, feeling a bit low on reserves, but feel good about getting through another day.
How are you feeling Jemma? Better I hope.
i'm on day 11 tomorrow. How is everyone else doing.
Xx

Yeah I'm feeling a little better. I made my shakes today with crushed ice, was actually really nice!

struggled with the water though as swallowing is so hard!

hows everyone been today?
xx

I had my weigh in, gained 2 lbs, but that'll be gone soon, also gave my Mum my scales yesterday so no more daily weigh in's, and each week's weigh will be more of a surprise :) xx

Ok I have a confession. Last night I struggled to sleep so ended up sucking on one of my boyfriends throat sweets.

The wee stick still says im in ketosis so hopefully not done any damage. Had a sneaky look at scales today, they say 15.10 so feeling silently happy with myself.

Hope alls well.

Chrissy you will def lose that. Youve done so well already!

I feel your pain, When I'd been on it 1 week (lost 11lbs was over the moon) i got tonsillitis, I was on antibiotics and I gained the lot back because I could only eat ice cream for a whole week lol! But lost it all the next week so not too bad, I've got my mojo back (for now) feeling optimistic and excited and can't wait for my next weigh in, now I physically can't obsessively weigh (my boot's charges 20p for the scales and I'm too tight for that) I know I'll be more inclined to stick to it religiously because I've no way to check on how I'm doing :p Hope I feel like this for the next 12 weeks! LOL!xx

I've been put on antibiotics now. They say to take with a meal, do packs count?

I'm afraid not, That's why I came off it in exchange for ice cream, My throat was too painful to be even attempting to choke down fruit and veg (which I hate) My CDC told me I had to eat and to try doing 810 until I was off them, I don't think it'll do too much harm if you take them with shakes, It's just not advised, Speak to your CDC, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you what's best xx

Morning all
Well it's the start of day 12 for me today. All good so far and no more headaches- touch wood. I have no energy though. Has anyone else found this and does it get better?
Hope you are on the road to recovery Gemma.
Have a good day everyone xx

Hi ladies, I need some advice... I Caved a bit this evening and had some plain grilled chicken for dinner instead of my last shake. Do you think I'll be ok with this? I'm away on hols for a few days and finding it really difficult with other people eating around me constantly. Do you think it will effect my weight loss if I have one piece of grilled chicken each evening instead of one of my packs? Feeling a bit like I've failed at the moment but I think I should be ok with this? We've been doing tons of exercise, bike rides, swimming, gym and badminton and I just felt really weak and tired this evening. :( xxx

Hi Dawn
i think you will be fine. I have seen on lots of other threads that people are eating chicken in the evening. With all of the exercise you are doing I would think it would cancel it out. I know it's really difficult when others are eating around you. I know as tonight I have had to endure the smell of a fish finger sandwich, pizza and a curry. It's taken a lot of willpower.
maybe a quick call to your CDC if you want further reassurance.
Good luck and hang in there xxx

Thanks Jen always good to get another perspective on things- I'm top one for making excuses to myself about how to bend the rules sometimes. Think I will email my consultant as you suggest just to get her view on it but I'm hoping that your right about all the exercise! At least I didn't eat the sausages burgers bread cheese and potato wedges on offer too!

Wow you did really well to abstain from all that! I think id bite someone's hand off for a curry at the moment! I've been quite luck so far as I work from home where I live with one other person who I don't need to cook for so haven't been too exposed to food until now but it must be ten times harder for people with families eating their favourite foods around them! Well done on sticking with it and thanks for your reply :) xx

Back