7 stone to lose after having a baby & comfort eating

MinzieMoo

Hi, I weigh 16 stone which at 5ft5 is a lot, my target is 9 stone. I am going to do extra easy so as not to confuse my self so here's today's.

Breakfast - strawberrys.

Lunch - 2 flat mushrooms, mozzarella (HEA), bacon with no fat, 10g garlic purée (1 syn) ,

Tea - chicken, vegetables, gravy (1.5 syn), roast potatoes (1 syn for oil as hardly use any)

Snacks - 3 x tea with milk (2.5 syns) , fruit Total Syns - 6

Last edited:
Did you know if you use FryLight for your roast potatoes they will be completely free? I par boil potatoes then shake them in the pan to roughen up the edges a little. Line a tray with baking paper and add the potatoes. Spray with Frylight and a sprinkle of seasoning and bake in the oven until golden and crispy, turning throughout. Yum! :)

I would normally but I'm at the in laws for tea and I think they use a tablespoon of oil.i always add loads of garlic cloves and I always find there tasty done in fry light then olive oil like I used to

I also has sw crisps with Cajun spice and they were lush! Just need to find a dip now. Has anyone ever made the crisps and eaten them later ? Was thinkin of makin in a morning and putting in a air tight tub to take to work but dunno if they'll stay crispy?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I also has sw crisps with Cajun spice and they were lush! Just need to find a dip now. Has anyone ever made the crisps and eaten them later ? Was thinkin of makin in a morning and putting in a air tight tub to take to work but dunno if they'll stay crispy?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but homemade crisps need to be Synned as it's classed as a tweak (also known as food abuse). It's to do with using a food for a different purpose, i.e. you could eat 1 baked potato and feel satisfied and full, however slicing it up and making it into chips, you could eat loads, and still feel hungry. Same goes for the "doritos" people used to make from lasagne sheets. You would be taking in a lot of extra calories. If you do a search of the forum for "food abuse" you should find a thread explaining it a bit better than I have!

If you make & eat your Crisps in Moderation like everything else by using your own Common sense I see no issue in making SW Crisps, my Class make them a lot at home as a treat & they never complain about affecting their weight loss..and it certainly hasnt affected mine..but like most things that shouldn't be Made/used/ tweaked if it starts impinging on your weight loss then that should be the first thing you address

Thanks for the advice, it shall all be in moderation. Today I had the following. Breakfast - Brooklea light yoghurt (1.5 syn).

Lunch - 2 mushrooms, bacon, mozzarella (HEB), garlic purée (1 syn) , cucumber, tomato & red onion.

Tea - mustard sausages & colcannon mash (5 syns as used normal pork mince), gravy (1.5 syns), Yorkshire pudding (2 syns)

11 syns in total leaving me 4 syns for a glass of red wine later.

I need to start eating a proper breakfast I just don't find the time! I was going to have veggies with tea but again didnt have the time as had to rush tea. Tomoro me and the bf are going for our anniversary meal and I know I won't have enough syns for food & wine so as its a special occasion I think I'm guna not syn the meal and wine but also try not to go overboard?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but homemade crisps need to be Synned as it's classed as a tweak (also known as food abuse). It's to do with using a food for a different purpose, i.e. you could eat 1 baked potato and feel satisfied and full, however slicing it up and making it into chips, you could eat loads, and still feel hungry. Same goes for the "doritos" people used to make from lasagne sheets. You would be taking in a lot of extra calories. If you do a search of the forum for "food abuse" you should find a thread explaining it a bit better than I have!

I thought SW chips were fine? They're always put in the recipes in the magazines :/ I agree with crisps though, if you made a huge lot of them (like 2/3 potatoes worth) then ate them all as crisps that's different to making just a jacket potato. I usually have SW chips/wedges with my dinners though, I just use one potato the same as if I was going to have a jacket.

MinzieMoo said:
Thanks for the advice, it shall all be in moderation. Today I had the following. Breakfast - Brooklea light yoghurt (1.5 syn).

Lunch - 2 mushrooms, bacon, mozzarella (HEB), garlic purée (1 syn) , cucumber, tomato & red onion.

Tea - mustard sausages & colcannon mash (5 syns as used normal pork mince), gravy (1.5 syns), Yorkshire pudding (2 syns)

11 syns in total leaving me 4 syns for a glass of red wine later.

I need to start eating a proper breakfast I just don't find the time! I was going to have veggies with tea but again didnt have the time as had to rush tea. Tomoro me and the bf are going for our anniversary meal and I know I won't have enough syns for food & wine so as its a special occasion I think I'm guna not syn the meal and wine but also try not to go overboard?

Just realised the mozzarella was HEA not HEB !! So I may have a alpen light bar tonight

Today I had the following :

Breakfast : alpen light (HEB) & a kiwi fruit, milk in tea (1.5)

Lunch : salmon salad

Tea : I'm going out for a meal so shall have stuffed mushroom with garlic, onion , spinach, cheese (HEA) , Napoli sauce then salmon on a bed of oyster mushrooms in a spicy red pepper sauce followed by wine so I shall not be counting tonight as its for a one off special occasion

So at the meal on Friday night I had the stuffed mushrooms as planned but for my main I was bad and had chicken burger, chips & onion rings (I didn't eat the bread and also not too much chips).

On Saturday it was a complete write off as I had a toasted tea cake, sausage & chips from chippy but did do the slimming world prawn curry (although improvised by using cocunut milk ) so I'm not counting Saturday either!!

On Sunday I had :

Breakfast : poached egg on toast (HEB)

Lunch : pasta n sauce

Tea : sw lemon & garlic chicken with new potatoes, green beans & tomatoes

Snacks : glass wine - 6 syns

Monday
Breakfast : 1 alpen light (1/2 HEB ), carrot sticks

Lunch : low fat super noodles, crisps (4syns)

Tea : jacket potato with Tuna mayo (7.5 syns - was light mayo but I like a lot with tuna(

Snacks : sw crips using 1 small potato, 1 can carlsberg (7.5 syns?) , 1 slice toast (1/2 HEB), 18g mozzarella (1/2 HEA ), 100ml milk (1/2 HEA)

It's my weigh in day tomorrow and Iv weighed myself a few times over the week (naughty I know) but they've all been positive so fingers crossed for tomorrow ?

Today

Breakfast : carrots and cucumber sticks (was in a rush)

Lunch : we tomato soup (3.5), toast (1/2 HEB), sw crisps using small potato

Tea : sw chips, egg, beans, sausage (4.5)

Snacks : apple, wine (7 syns)

I need to start eating breakfast but I'm always in such a rush getting every1 ready ! I also don't drink enough water, I drink maybe 2 pint glasses water , 4 cups of tea in a day . Anyone know the recommended amount a day ? Is it good for weight loss?

Wednesday

B - alpen light (1/2 HEB), cucumber & tomato
L - bacon, egg, syn free hash brown, mushroom, tomatoes, 1 slice toast (1/2 HEB)
T - chicken, veg, potatoes, 2 Yorkshire puddings (3syn), gravy (0.5 syns)

S - slice chocolate cake (13 syns)
2 250ml red wine (17 syns)

Total - 33.5 (33.5/105)

Today was my weigh in and I lost 4.5lbs yaaaay!!! Was a birthday tea tonight hence the cake & wine :/

Thursday (today)

B - 2 poached eggs, 2 toast (HEB), tea with milk (HEA)
L - low fat super noodles with mushrooms
T- salmon, roast potatoes, veg

Total - 0 (33.5/105) - making up for yesterday

MinzieMoo said:
Wednesday

B - alpen light (1/2 HEB), cucumber & tomato
L - bacon, egg, syn free hash brown, mushroom, tomatoes, 1 slice toast (1/2 HEB)
T - chicken, veg, potatoes, 2 Yorkshire puddings (3syn), gravy (0.5 syns)

S - slice chocolate cake (13 syns)
2 250ml red wine (17 syns)

Total - 33.5 (33.5/105)

Today was my weigh in and I lost 4.5lbs yaaaay!!! Was a birthday tea tonight hence the cake & wine :/

Thursday (today)

B - 2 poached eggs, 2 toast (HEB), tea with milk (HEA)
L - low fat super noodles with mushrooms
T- salmon, roast potatoes, veg

Total - 0 (33.5/105) - making up for yesterday

I actually had fish in butter sauce x 2 which is 3 syns taking me to 36.5 syns

Friday

B - nothing

L - sausage (5 syns), mushrooms, spaghetti, 1 slice toast (1/2 HEB ) , egg, butter (1.5 syns), milk (HEA )

T - sw chicken tikka masala, chips & rice

Snacks - 4 x lambrini light 8 syns
Houmous - 2 syns

Total - 15 syns

Saturday was a write off

Sunday

B - muller light, cuppa tea with 30ml milk (part of HEA) may have poached egg on toast in a bit

L - undecided - possibly Tuna sweet corn pasta with lighter than light mayo (syns ??)

T - chicken, sweet potato mash, spinach , sweet chill sauce (not looked up syns yet)

On Sunday I actually had

B - yoghurt

L - tuna jacket with salad & mayo (2 syn)

T - sweet chilli chicken, sweet potato mash , spinach (2 syn)

Snacks etc - 4 glass wine (8 syn), desert with Nutella (3 syn), crisps (3 syn)

Total - 18

Monday

B - fruit

L - chicken salad, fruit (1 syn for mayo)

MinzieMoo said:
On Sunday I actually had

B - yoghurt

L - tuna jacket with salad & mayo (2 syn)

T - sweet chilli chicken, sweet potato mash , spinach (2 syn)

Snacks etc - 4 glass wine (8 syn), desert with Nutella (3 syn), crisps (3 syn)

Total - 18

Monday

B - fruit

L - chicken salad, fruit (1 syn for mayo)

Plus also had :
slim a soup at 2 syns,
wine - 4 syns,
crisps 3 syns
Sw ferero Roche x 3 = 5 syns

Total - 15 syns

Tuesday

Breakfast -Tangerine, Yoghurt

Snack - Cucumber & Tomato

Lunch - Low Fat supernoodles, Tangerine, Apple

Snack - WW Ginger nut biscuits (4 SYNS)

Tea - Burger (3 SYNS), breadcake (HEB), red onion, spinach, mushroom, Mozzarella (HEA)

Snacks - Crisps (3 SYNS), Fudge (3 SYNS)

Total - 13 Syns

Its my second WI tomorrow and Im guessing i'll have lost around 2lbs.On both weeks on the Saturday or Friday I have had extra syns & I have also possible miss weighed stuff or forgot to syn something :eek: .As of tomorrow I am going to ty my hardest to make sure I have lots of F & SF food and also to syn EVERYTHING, oh and drink more water and try to have a proper breakfast !

Last edited:
Hopefully this'll be what I have tomorrow....

Wednesday

Breakfast - Porridge (Milk HEB)
Snack - Cucumber & Carrots with Low Fat Houmous (2 SYNS)
Lunch - Rainbow Trout with Cous Cous(1/2 SYN)
Snack - Tangerine & Apple
Tea - Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Broccoli, Gravy (1/2 SYN ??)
Snacks - Wine around 130ml (5 SYNS ?)

Total - 8 SYNS

Back