7 Syn Pizza

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I knicked this off of Annabel Karmel's site. Was going to make it for my daughter and then realised it would be perfect for SW!

She says "I love the thin crust pizzas and wheat tortilla wraps made an ideal “instant” base - turning deliciously crisp in the oven. It is also ideal for smaller children who find the slimmer base easier to eat. Sometimes the air bubbles in the wrap puff up a bit as the pizza bakes – but they deflate as soon as they come out the oven, so don’t panic!"

tortilla-pizza.jpg

Ingredients

1 wheat tortilla wrap (6 syns - 40g wrap)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
30g (1oz) grated cheddar or mozzarella (use as HEX A)

Annabel’s Quick Tomato Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil (substitute Frylight)
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp brown sugar (substitute Splenda)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6/Fan 180.

Put the tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and spread over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese. You can also add any toppings that your child may like (see suggestions below).

Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp. Cut into triangles and allow to cool slightly before serving.

To make the Tomato Sauce: Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, squashing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened . Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Suggested Toppings (syn accordingly)
1 rasher of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled over the pizza
1 small slice ham cut into thin strips or 1 slice of salami
2-3 black stoned olives, cut into rings
1 cherry tomato, cut into rings
2 cubes drained canned pineapple, cut into dice
1 tbsp diced red pepper
1 tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
1 spring onion, sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in a little oil
3-4 very thin slices courgette, brushed with a little oil before putting on pizza
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
2 sunblush tomatoes, cut into small pieces

Tortilla Pizza Margherita | Annabel Karmel

Last edited:
that looks lovely!

pmsl laughing dont get me started.
I am imagining doing diet coke chicken and spreading it on top with loads of veg!
xxx

Tried this last night and it was lovely - I used a Weight watchers tortilla wrap which was 5 syns, 1tbsp BBQ sauce (instead of tomato sauce) which was 1 syn.
Then topped with :-
2 morrison's diet sausages, first skinned and rolled each one into 6 little balls and cooked in a pan
2 rashers bacon chopped up and cooked
Half a red onion softened in a pan
3 babybel light cheeses grated on top.

Total 6 syns and 1 HeA on a red day.

this sounds great and one to do with the kids my lot love making pizza but been putting it off because i love homemade pizza as well just not the syns lol.
does anyone know or think they would be ok for picnic's as i trying to think of differant ideas for picnics.

Tried this last night and it was lovely - I used a Weight watchers tortilla wrap which was 5 syns, 1tbsp BBQ sauce (instead of tomato sauce) which was 1 syn.
Then topped with :-
2 morrison's diet sausages, first skinned and rolled each one into 6 little balls and cooked in a pan
2 rashers bacon chopped up and cooked
Half a red onion softened in a pan
3 babybel light cheeses grated on top.

Total 6 syns and 1 HeA on a red day.

That sounds amazing!

Just an extra note.... has anyone had a domino's double decadence pizza?? (Cheese sause in between two thin pizza bases)

Weeeeeelll me and the OH had an idea and he tried it out last night. He put a layer of quark inbetween 2 tortillas (if you use the Morrisons mini ones they're 4.5 each or the WW ones are 5 each) and then your toppings and stuff on top - apparently it's lovely.

It does of course use up all of your syns for the day (unless you go halves with someone else) but good for an extra indulgent treat!

Oh Cara I'm sure your grandson's will love it - and just think - you're doing them a favour by helping them to eat healthier :)

This idea has crossed my mind several times, but glad someone has tried it before me! Could really make some nice pizzas with this recipe.

Another thought I had: If you used a wholemeal tortilla, could you deduct 6 syns as a HEb... or does it not count? Im not sure if these wraps can count as a HE or not. Can anyone clear this up?

If not its still a really great idea!

Oh I made this. It was lovely and hit the spot for a pizza craving. Burnt my mouth on it though:cry:

Yum yum... just made this as craving pizza and my mam ordered from local takeaway!! I had ham, 1 slice pepperoni and pineapple with chillies on top!! Absolutely delicious xx

Attachments

• image-2784922590.jpg
    image-2784922590.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 233
Iv synned it at 3... The smaller pieces are 1 each... Weigh in day today so thought have a little treat after losing 5lbs... xx

Back