75 Days of Perseverance!

Day 14 (PV) - 61 days to go!

Oh my get me in here quick! I have been itching to get to my diary and write something!

Today has been HARD!! I honestly feel like i am hanging on by a thread here :( I am craving carbs badly and have been so close to going on a big binge all day. I have eaten a lot, all dukan friendly, and believe it or not, only 2 tolerateds. On the plus side, i have worked out the calories and i reckon i've eaten at roughly my maintenance calories, so it's not going to make me put on any weight but still...i don't think i should be feeling like this.

I don't even know if it's real hunger or in my head...i'm really confused :(

Food today (deep breath):

Breakfast - Ham omlette with mushrooms and red onion, 4 toffee cupcakes
Snack - Pack of ham
Lunch - Chilli from the other day, ff yoghurt
Snack - Cheesecake topping
Tea - Chargrilled chicken in a tomato sauce with peppers, mushrooms and onions, ff yoghurt
Supper - Rest of the chargrilled chicken meal and another helping of cheesecake topping

I have drank 4 litres of water and done my workout.

I could still eat something now but i'm going to bed soon so that i don't. What the hell is up with me? Is my body really hungry or is it a mental thing? I have gone through periods of bingeing for years, i hope it's not another period of that coming up when i'm doing so well on dukan.

Weighed in at 10st 9 and 3/4lbs this morning, so the same as after the last pp day, so i havn't lost anymore poundage yet...it's to be expected at the rate i'm going :eek: I really hope tomorrow doesn't pop over 10st 10.5lbs.

I've decided that tomorrow i'm going to have a POP day to get my focus back, it's back to basics. I am wondering if maybe it's the sweet treats i'm having, i know it's sweetener but i don't think my brain knowns that and maybe that's what's making me so hungry? So tomorrow i'm not having any desserts or muffins, i will still stick with my 2 mullers like i did during attack, but i will stir my oatbran into them. Let's see if my hunger subsides and i feel any better by Monday morning.

If anyone has any ideas or opinions on what the problem could be/what might help, please do speak up. I've not got a clue what to try if this doesn't work tomorrow.

If i do cave at some point, which i have no doubt that i will before the end of cruise, then i will come here, i will be accountable and i will get back on track...no matter how bad it is. I don't want to give up, i love the way my body shape is improving so much already, but these cravings have been so hard to fight today! I'm dreading them tomorrow, hoping the pp day will slow them down and get me back on form.

I'm off to read a few posts quickly and then it's bed.

Sleep well all xxx

Keeley, even though you thought you ate a lot, if you wanted you should have had some more protein, don't allow your head to think its being deprived. I know exactly how you feel I've been a binger for years. This is a 'battle' with you mind, like me you have probably had your binging episodes for years, and it won't just go away overnight. We are hear because we need the strict guidelines of this diet, it won't happen overnight but we can with the help of Dukeneers win this 'battle'. This diet is about change from every aspect of our lives. Gone are the days of binging on high sugar, high fats if we come on hear and be honest Keeley as you've done, each and every Dukeneer will be hear to read and reply to you...and me to get us through this. Habit,'normal' it can be changed. I'm in week ten and I'm so proud I've got her not one undukan binge, I feel I can't when I try to eat a full chicken for example, I just can't do it it takes me hours. Keeley you will do this I can feel how proud of yourself you are, look in the mirror and your new figure. Fill up on water and get on hear and type yourself out of a binge xxx good luck xxx

I'm enjoying reading your posts chocolate_bananas!
You go girl!

Sididd thank you so much for your reply! It has helped me to put things in perspective.

I woke up this morning and i was so relieved that i stayed on track yesterday...i have never in my life had cravings that bad and managed to resist them...feeling very proud this morning!

I'm just imagining how bad i would be feeling right now if i had just ordered a pizza and gorged on cakes and chocolate too (which is exactly what i wanted to do!). Instead i feel strong, relaxed and ready for the day ahead should it bring me another challenge! I know i can do this!!

Off to Asda soon and fill my fridge up with protein protein protein!

Thanks again xxx

Oh well done CB - that is amazing - you can now have confidence in yourself that you can overcome your cravings !! !! XXX XXX
You are in control of food not vice versa X

I am hoping i can do as well as you :)

Next time you feel that way again, just take a moment and remember how empowered you felt this morning x

C-b you did it you won the mental battle, I think we all have those 'arguements/thoughts ' going on in our heads at some point. You didnt undo all your hard work you didnt let yourself run away with carbs, you stayed! I love reading these diaries, I think when we are honest with ourselves and can read others going through same things we then can understand and be supportive, I am touched by the amount of support on here, sometimes u just need someone that understands and no one better than fellow dukaners! Have a great week xx

Day 15 (pp) - 60 days to go!

Thanks for the replies all :) You really are a lovely bunch :)

I cannot believe the fuss that i kicked up yesterday...today has been great! A few cravings have creeped in but i recognised and remembered how strong i can be and told them to sod off!

What helped me immensely is that i hopped on the scale this morning, expecting it to be up (as it usually is after a pv day anyway), only to find that i am down 1/4lb to 10st 9 1/2lbs! How the hell did that happen? Could it be my body adjusting to this pattern? A fluke? Who knows, but i liked it :D It could possibly show tomorrow...you just never know on dukan, so many things can affect your weight. I do hope it stays as it is though, i was aiming for that weight for my official weigh in tomorrow morning.

It looks like i have munched a lot today, and i guess i have, i wanted to keep on top of any cravings and i definitely did just that. I did a rough count up of the calories and it came to under 1500, so excellent really. I know the point of this is not to count calories but it did help me put things into perspective when i felt that i was eating a little too much, 1500 calories is certainly not overeating, but my stomach is full and satisfied :)

Breakfast - Ham omlette made with 3 eggs
Snack - 2 packs of Mattesons fridge raiders
Lunch - Pack of chicken, ff yoghurt and oat bran
Snack - Slices of freshly cooked roast chicken breast
Tea - 2 peri peri chicken breasts, 2 sweet chilli quorn burgers, ff yoghurt and oat bran
Supper - Little bit of cheesecake topping

I also drank 4 litres of water. I did say i wouldn't have any tolerateds or sweet stuff today but i had a spoon of cocoa and made some cheesecake topping, it was enough, i don't need anymore, it hasn't made me crave chocolate, it's all good. I must say that i've missed my muffins today though...they are 100% back tomorrow :D

I went shopping this morning and spent another absolute fortune...this is after going to the market yesterday and stocking up on veggies and chicken breasts. I bought a different sweetener to Truvia, it cost £2 rather than £5, i have yet to try it, i hope it's ok, Truvia is just so expensive! I also got some turkey mince which i've not tried before so i'm going to have a bash at making some meatballs tomorrow for me and the girls.

I've been looking at books on Amazon about overeating and i'm going to buy one incase i get a repeat of yesterday, it might give me some more strategies to have ready and make it easier next time.

Anyway i'm off to read some posts then it's bed for me...night! xxx

Day 16 (PV) - 59 days to go!

Woohoo i'm into the 50's now in terms of days to go! :D

Also it was official weigh in this morning and i have lost 1lb in the last 5 days :D so i am now in the 149's (149.5lbs!). I actually weighed the same as yesterday, 10st 9.5lbs.

Breakfast - ff yoghurt
Lunch - Big tuna mayo salad
Tea - Turkey meatballs with sauce and onion, peppers and mushrooms (taken from recipe thread), ff yoghurt
Supper (not had it yet) - 4 toffee cupcakes, possibly some cooked meat or an omlette

I have drank 3 litres of water and will have another one later when i do my workout. I'm going to do a harder workout now for the next 5 pv days than the one i have been doing, i feel i can push myself a bit more now.

Tea was gogeous btw, i have never made meatballs before and these were a big hit with me and the kids, i had a massive helping, i was starving as my lunch was so scrawny! Should have taken an extra yoghurt to work or something!

My stomach was so flat when i got up this morning, i havn't seen it like that since before i got pregnant with my second daughter. I wish it was like that all the time! I don't think i have that much to lose now tbh, i am wondering if 9st 12lbs will actually be a bit too far and harder to maintain. I could do with losing a bit more around my hips but that's about it. I will review my measurements when i get to 10st 7lbs and go from there, i'm thinking 10st 3lbs may be a better TW for me for some reason. Lets see as we go along.

I'v harped on about it a little bit so i'm sure some of you know it's my eldest daughters 6th birthday party on Saturday, and also my cousin's little baby is being christened on Sunday...so lots of temptation around at the weekend. We are also going out for tea next Wednesday when it is her actual birthday, so there has been that to think about too. I did wonder if i should just have those 3 days of dukan but that will set me back a whole lot i imagine and i might find it hard to get back on track.

I need to make a decision about what i'm going to do by Saturday though then i can be certain about my plan and stick to it, if i play it by ear i will just end up pigging out all weekend i know i will. I think the best thing to do will be to just carry on through the weekend as normal, have a big protein lunch both days and take lots of dukan snacks with me (i will feel a bit weird about taking them out of my bag and eating them after the christening though!). Then on Wednesday, go out for tea and enjoy a nice meal, of whatever i want, but that's it, just the meal and not make a day of it. Wednesday would be a pp day, so i could do Monday and Tuesday pp, then thursday and friday pp, then back to pv saturday as it would have been a pv day by then anyway. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad. I don't know how do-able that is but it sounds like the best in terms of damage limitation.

I'v got my lovely muffins in the oven, they smell gorgeous! I missed them so much yesterday!

Off to catch up on posts, may be back on later xxx

Just adding to my last entry...

Had my 4 muffins and some slices of ham for supper, did my workout and drank my 4th litre of water.

if i were you id stick to plan as far as you possibly can ... 4 weeks into my diet i had my godsons christening.... we stayed in a hotel so i had a massive cooked breakfast of scrambled eggs, grilled tom, mushrooms & ham (it was a buffet) then at the christening there was chicken legs ham & salad so thankfully i managed to stay on plan & we had dinner out on the drive back home, steak and veg. I also had my muffins with me in the car so was able to snack on them when hungry ;) would have to look at my diary but im sure i lost a min of 2 lbs that week

Day 17 (PP) - 58 days to go!

Thanks for the advice Ellie, i am sticking to plan at the weekend, it's decided, i really will prepare and do my best. Im not sure about my little girls birthday meal next Wednesday yet, hmmm!

Today has been like this:

Breakfast - Ham omlette
Lunch - 2 peri peri chicken breasts and an egg wrap (YES AN EGG WRAP :D)
Snack - Ff yoghurt
Tea - Humongous portion of cottage cheese and ham quiche
Supper - Rest of the quiche (oops), 4 toffee muffins, ff yoghurt

I gave drank 4 litres of water too.

Wow my lunch was so nice , i am having it again on thursday (i can't tomorrow i'm in work). I cooked my chopped chicken breast in peri peri spices and put it to one side. Then whisked an egg with a splash of milk and made a very thin omlette in the same pan, i cooked it really crispy on both sides, then wrapped some of the chicken in the omlette. Deeelish! The wrap tasted of the spices, it felt so carby and naughty :p

I have eaten a lot of dairy today, i probably shouldn't have had the yoghurt with supper should i!

I'm finding it weird that i have lost after the last 2 pv days, i was 10st 8 and 3/4lbs this morning, so down 3/4lbs from the pv day before. After my last pp day i stayed the same, it will be interesting to see how the scale goes tomorrow.

Off to catch up on posts anyway, feeling tired tonight xxx

CB great idea egg wrap, love it x

Day 18 (PV) - 57 days to go!

Hi all!

Breakfast - None :eek:
Lunch - Tuna mayo and a big salad, ff yoghurt
Tea - Amazing spicy chicken stir fry, huuuuge portion, ff yoghurt, 4 toffee cupcakes

I have drank 4 litres of water and done my workout.

I think i ate about 2.5 chicken breasts with tea! My dad cooked 3 but he eats really tiny portions so i had an extra big one :D We had a chilli and tomato sauce in it, i read the ingredients and it all looked good. Towards the end of the meal though when there was a lot of sauce left i could see some fat on the edge of the plate, then my dad told me he had cooked the chicken in oil in the wok and not used my fry light :eek: I can't say i'm too worried, i have worked out today and overall have not eaten that much compared to usual.

When i got on the scales this morning i was 10st 9lbs, so up 1/4lb from yesterday. The general pattern is down but it's doing my head in feeling the urge to weigh in every morning, i must wean myself off them! I would love love love to be 10st 8lbs on my official weigh in Saturday. That would put me 1lb ahead of schedule and make me feel less guilty about having a nice meal next Wednesday, and maybe even a piece of cake on Saturday ;)

The thought of having a carb is frightening me though i keep imagining i will gain half a stone over night! Although i still miss them like mad, i wish i could feel like i did on attack when they just didn't interest me.

Off to bed for me anyway, night xxx

You say you weren't bothered by carbs when on attack, so maybe you should try doing 2 or 3 days PP then PV instead of just day about? I am still on attack so I have no experience of PV days yet, but couldn't do any harm to see if your cravings lessen?

Day 19 (PP) - 56 days to go!

Breakfast - Pack of ham
Lunch - 2 peri peri chicken breasts and an egg wrap, ff yoghurt
Dinner - 2 medium sized frying steaks and 2 fried eggs, ff yoghurt
Supper - Some ham, 4 toffee cupcakes, choccy cheesecake topping

I have drank 4 litres of water also.

Today i have felt fed up and hungry! My cravings for carbs and chocolate and cake have been absolutely awful. Even though lunch and tea were big and very filling and very delicious, i was not satisfied. Meals just arn't hitting the spot! Now i know i am not physically hungry, it's a mental thing for sure, i need to get my act together tomorrow otherwise i will crack this weekend with all the yummy food around me. I have to make my daughters burthday buffet tomorrow night fgs! I need to get a grip :rolleyes:

I get my horoscope emailed to me and tomorrow's says 'you will be surrounded by temptation this weekend and you will find it extremely hard not to give in' hahaha :D It's written in the stars for pisces!

Anyway, got on the scales this morning and weighed 10st 8 1/4lbs :) Dukan obviously really does work, but it is TOUGH, it is for me anyway. If it wasn't for the fact that i don't have a lot to lose i would try something else, think i am destined to be a carb monster forever :eek:

On the bright side, i look how far i have come in only a matter of 3 weeks and how much i have lost, and how flat my tummy is, and it makes me feel good! I know i have my tw date off the dukan website and i have my 56 days to go but i am not in la la land, i am fully aware that it could take longer and it 100% will do if i go off track. I need to remember this and keep the end in sight, i think i will be fine once in conso, but the more times i fall off the waggon the longer it will take me to get there.

Time for sleep and hoping tomorrow is easier! xxx

You say you weren't bothered by carbs when on attack, so maybe you should try doing 2 or 3 days PP then PV instead of just day about? I am still on attack so I have no experience of PV days yet, but couldn't do any harm to see if your cravings lessen?

The thing is, i look forward to my pv days, i think doing long periods without them will make me lose motivation, pp day after pp day is boring (as is attack!). Thanks for the input though x

The thing is, i look forward to my pv days, i think doing long periods without them will make me lose motivation, pp day after pp day is boring (as is attack!). Thanks for the input though x

I'll second attack being boring! I can't wait til Monday, I'm going to make a bog pot of soup and a stir fry.

I second that. Depriving yourself of vegetables for more and more days is not going to increase weight loss, but more importantly, in the longer term you are going to have to cope with ingesting carbohydrates too. This diet is based on the principle that you re-introduce healthy foods one at a time.

Back