75 Days of Perseverance!

Day 9 (PP) - 66 days to go!

Another hungy hungry day today!

I wonder if it's because of the pv day before? This is the second time it has happened but then i have only been on cruise since Friday so i'm just speculating. My period is still absent, it was definitely due Sunday though, i remembered something that happened in work on the Monday and i checked the calendar and it was 4 weeks ago, so it is lurking around somewhere...i'm hoping that is what is increasing my appetite.

I was ok this morning until about 11am when my stomach just started growling! I had taken my lunch to work and it did fill me up but not for as long as usual, and as i only have half an hour for lunch i couldn't pop out for more food. I have eaten a lot since i have got home but if i don't keep munching i will get too hungry and could end up going on a binge, so even at the cost of a small gain i will keep eating so i'm satisfied all night.

So...

Breakfast - Ham omlette
Lunch - 6 mini quiches with chicken 5 spice, ff yoghurt
Tea - Big juicy steak and 2 fried eggs, ff yoghurt, 4 toffee cupcakes (made another batch)
Snack - Chicken slices, ham slices, 2 scrambled eggs

I have drank 4 litres of water and done no exercise as planned due to it being a pp day.

Told you i have eaten a lot! And it has been really heavy on the eggs today too. I have not had any tolerated items but there is a chocolate cheesecake baking in the oven and if i have some of that then i will have had my 2 tolerateds. It looked too runny when i put it in so i have a feeling that it might be an epic fail...i only had 160g philly left so just plopped some quark in.

On the plus side, despite being hungry, i'm not craving chocolate and toast and chips and things like that. Just food in general! I do keep thinking about sweet things like raisens, and i have no jelly left (thanks to my 5 year old!), so bunged the cheesecake in the oven as a back up.

I'm feeling a bit tired and fed up tonight...i don't think it is dukan related, i just get like this sometimes. I need a good nights sleep without my 2 year old standing in her cot singing songs at daft hours, and i have some important court deadlines coming up at work that i need to prepare for, i also have a ton of uni work to catch up on aswell as finish organising a birthday party.

Things should get a bit easier towards the end of the month. I will have everything for the party, i should have made a massive dent in my uni work, and the court hearings will have been and gone. I can cope with Poppy's rendition of frere jaque at 5am then! (She does eventually go back to sleep but i'm awake at that point!).

I'm off to have a bath then do an hour of work before rolling into bed.

Sweet dreams xxx

CB what a busy life you have x gave a good sleep an it doesn't matter if your hungry fill your boots with protein till totm comes x

Cheesecake set, i have worked out that an eighth = 2 tolerated items so have taken an eighth out and put it in a bowl for later. I will report back tomorrow.

Over and out xxx

Last edited:
i made the cheesecake with quark instead of philly and it worked out much better tollerateds wise lol

I don't know why i wrote that there were 2 tolerateds in an eighth...there were 8 in total in the cheesecake so i could eat a quarter. Turned out to be delicious, i will make it again but put a bigger proportion of quark in like Ellie so that the tolerateds are reduced. But i expect then i will put more choccy in haha.

There are 10 if you use the full 200g philly, i used 160g and 40g quark. Probs do half and half next time.

CB, I ate non-stop during the first few weeks of cruise - it doesn't matter! Go with it! I remember posting that when I made my first mince flan it tasted so good (after all the plain chicken, etc) that I promptly ate half of it, and other forumites congratulated me. You have to eat lots so your body doesn't think you're starving it and slow its metabolism right down; the point is that any weight you lose is fat, not muscle, and that's the ultimate objective. It's very difficult to get out of the mindset of thinking you need to reduce your intake because you're on a diet though, isn't it? Keep up the good work and eventually you will settle into a more regular pattern.

Your menus are great! I'm doing my meal planner just now and getting lots of ideas from you. Choc cheesecake sounds yum.

Day 10 (PV) - 65 days to go!

Hello!

Thanks for commenting in my diary, it's nice to know that a few people read it!

I will start on a bright note (not)...i got my period today. My stomach has gradually got bigger throughout the day, i now look about 5 months pregnant haha. I got on the scales this morning though and i weighed 10st 10lbs which is really excellent, i thought i would have some water retention, maybe that came later as my stomach wasn't bloated at that point either.

I have had a really productive day today so feel a lot better than i did yesterday. I have ploughed through a lot of uni work and done some overdue chores. I can prepare for the court hearing all day at work tomorrow so that will be that done, then i can give the house and my car a good clean when i'm off on thursday. It's just getting all my uni work completed then.

So today i have eaten:

Breakfast - Ham omlette with red onion and mushrooms. This wasn't as big as sunday's so i gobbled it all up this time.
Snack - Baked cheesecake
Lunch - Hot and spicy chicken slices with lettuce, red onion and spicy salsa. Followed by a ff yoghurt.
Dinner - Bowl of bolognaise (from recipes section). Packed full of veg it was! Ff yoghurt.
Supper - Another bowl of bolognaise, 4 toffee cupcakes, mini ham quiche.

I have drank 4 litres of water and done a good workout.

As you can see i am still eating a lot, the above are all good sized portions. I usually lose my appetite the first day of my period but i havn't today...i still wasn't as hungry as yesterday mind you. It will be interesting to see if i am ravenous again tomorrow after a pv day like i have been so far. Doesn't matter anyway i suppose, i just need to keep eating the unlimited foods!

The bolognaise that i made was lovely, the kids pasta looked really good with it but i wasn't too tempted. Pasta is definitely going to be my first starchy conso meal though, i love the stuff! I also made some quiches for work tomorrow, i have been using 6 tbsp of quark to get 9 deep ones but i only had 4 in the tub so used 2 tbsp of philly instead. I put in some ham, garlic, black pepper and chives and iv just done the taste test...best yet! I think this is down to the philly, i am not going to get into a habit of using that though because i'v gone over my 2 tolerated items for today now and will do for tomorrow. The annoying thing is though that i have a big tub of Total in the fridge that i could have used instead of the philly *dingbat moment*

I'm recording my weight tomorrow, hope it has not creeped over 10st 11lbs (it has gone up after every pv day so far), i am aiming for a pound loss every 5 days so any more than that and i'v not reached it. This woosh fairy that lurks about these forums should pay me a visit at some point over the next 5 days anyway once my period has gone :D It will be a pp day before my next official weigh in too which will obviously help :D

Off to read a few posts...

Good night xxx

Day 11 (PP) - 64 days to go!

Just a quick one whilst the girls are playing.

I am so unbelievably stressed right now after my day at work! I had the hearing to prepare for and honestly i have been like a woman possessed. I did what i can with the information that i had and left it with my boss and just had to dash out to do the school run...i have thought about txting her to see how it is but i think i'd rather wait until Friday to find out. I need to put it out of my head! I'v been dreaming about the thing!! :eek:

I meant to take breakfast in work and forgot, so i imagine i'll be starving later on, i'm not too bad now as i'v just eaten.

Food so far (i will update again tonight obv.)

Breakfast - None
Lunch - 5 mini ham quiches, ff yoghurt
Snack - Rest of hot and spicy chicken from yesterday, quarter of the baked cheesecake

I'm having 2 grilled trout fillets and 2 fried or scrambled eggs for tea i think, i would prefer poached eggs but i can never get it right. I will have another yoghurt later and my last 4 toffee cupcakes.

Oooo i almost forgot the official weigh in this morning! Weighed in at 10st 10.5lbs, so half a pound on from yesterday but still 1.5lbs loss since i began cruising 5 days ago. I am aiming for 1lb every 5 days so a little bit extra is nice to 'have in the bank' for when i have meals out (i have a couple coming up in May) which might mean that i don't lose anything that particular time, but i will still be in track weight and time wise.

12.5lbs to go! Yay

We have a biggest loser competition at work and i won that today, it was a roll over from last week so i got £10 :D (there are 5 of us doing it). One of the girls actually brought in blueberry muffins for after weigh in and i politely declined! She left it on my desk and it was still there when i went home :p

Well that quick entry turned into a longish one! I will be back later this evening also...

Your doing great cb x

Wow i am seriously pooped!!!

Today has really taken it out of me, i'm glad it wasn't a pv day or i would have had to miss my workout, there's no way i could muster up energy for anything right now.

I will be in bed by 9pm i think!

Tea - 2 grilled trout fillets and 2 fried eggs (so yummy, i really enjoyed this), it didn't quite fill me up though so i had some chicken tikka too.
Supper - 4 toffee cupcakes and ff yoghurt.

I have drank 4 litres of water.

I am really loving these cupcake/muffin things! I really look forward to them everyday, feels like i'm getting a proper hunk of cake :D They would be great with a hot choc made with low fat cocoa, i might do that this week. I need it in this weather...it cr*p out there!! I put the wheat bran in them this time and they are a lot more substantial, i have been going to the toilet regularly lately so i will keep the wheat bran up and hope my weight losses arn't affected to a great extent.

I'm having chicken curry for tea tomorrow and i CAN'T WAIT, indian is my absolute favourite food, i can't believe i havn't had it yet while i've been on dukan. Going to make it nice and hot with loads of peppers and mushrooms mmmmmmm.

Bedtime for me soon xxx

I've been having wheat bran in my muffins since week 2 and have been losing steadily (except where I blipped a few times). I've not had any transit issues so I'm actually afraid to STOP having it :) Although today I made muffins with spelt bran instead of wheat bran. They seem somehow fluffier and cakier and less bitter tasting, so I'll see what it does with me...

Day 12 (PV) - 63 days to go!

Mmmm mmm mmm my curry was gorgeous!

I've just polished the other half off :eek: I now feel like i have eaten too much today, i'm not stuffed though, just didn't really need that extra bowl of curry!

Breakfast - Ham omlette with mushrooms and red onion, cheesecake
Lunch - Huge salad of hot and spicy chicken, lettuce, red onion and tomato and red pepper salsa, ff yoghurt
Tea - Big bowl of chicken madras packed full of onion, peppers and mushrooms, ff yoghurt
Supper - Another bowl of curry, 4 toffee cupcakes

I have got 5 mini ham quiches in the oven to take to work tomorrow, and 6 baked choccy cheesecakes along side them. I won't be having any until tomorrow though!

Honestly i have enjoyed my food today so much, doesn't feel like i have been dieting at all...i didn't even want rice with my curry, i was just glad that i could have another bowl!

I am sure to see a hefty little gain tomorrow i expect, although i know that this can't be fat as i have not eaten enough calories. That curry is going to be a weekly thing for sure!

I have drank 4 litres of water and done my workout.

Got a lot of uni work done today and the house is now sparkly clean so i'm putting my feet up now watching Prison Break :D

CB if you do have a small gain tomorrow its just water from veg, it will drop off next day, great menu good night x

Day 13 (PP) - 62 days to go!

Thanks for the comments all :)

Well i succumbed to the quiches and cheesecakes before i went to bed :eek: I had one of each so they need adding to yesterdays already jam packed menu!

I put a touch extra cocoa in the cheesecakes this time and i could really tell the difference, i used 2/3 philly 1/3 quark, i will do half and half next time.

I keep being over on my tolerated items, by quite a few too. Once i have my official weigh in Monday morning i am going to try not to have any because i have a couple of events at the weekend and i'm not sure whether i'll be having a non-dukan meal or what yet...hopefully it won't be a non-dukan weekend! I guess it is good to experiment with what i can eat and still lose with anyway, lets see what my loss is like on Monday and if it's ok i might continue as i have been, there's always something for me to cut down on then once my loss slows down.

I forgot to mention my weight yesterday, it was 10st 9 and 3/4lbs. It was nice to see the number 9 :) Not seen that for a little while. Today i had popped back up to 10st 10.5lbs, to be expected after a pv day yesterday and also with the amount i consumed! :p Hopefully the scale will be showing a number 9 again tomorrow, i'm hoping i'm at least 10st 9.5lbs on Monday morning.

It was the hearing this morning and my client lost, it was to be expected, some information came to light on the last minute that he had failed to inform us about, but i was still gutted, i worked really hard on that case. I wonder if that's why i have been so hungry all week, through the stress! LOL. Honestly, i have always eaten a lot when i'm stressed, i should be proud of myself that at least it has all been dukan friendly. I have my little girls birthday party next weekend and that's now stressing me out (see a pattern? Me a stress head? :eek:)! Off shopping for party dresses in the morning :D

Later on tomorrow i'm going to the local market at about 4pm to see what bargains i can get, i need a load of chicken breasts and hopefully i can pick some salmon and trout up too, then it's the supermarket shop on sunday morning...my fridge is looking pretty empty...hard to believe with the amount i have spent on food in the last fortnight!

Anyway, food for today...

Breakfast - 4 turkey rashers
Lunch - 4 ham quiches, 2 cheesecakes, ff yoghurt
Snack - 1/2 pack of ham, 3 cheesecakes
Tea - Big steak, 2 fried eggs, ff yohugrt
Supper - 4 toffee muffins, 1/2 pack of ham

I have also drank the usual 4 litres of water.

So another big eat day, i could probably still eat something if i'm honest, i think it's just in my head though! Like i said before, you can see that i'm over on my tolerated items, i hope i still manage a 1lb loss by Monday. I also can't believe i have eaten a (big) full pack of ham either. Does anyone else eat this much?? I will be pleased as punch if i get a good loss, it really will prove that the more protein you eat then the more you lose!

Off to read posts, may ramble on a bit more later :p xxx

Hi! LOVE the sound of the cheescakes, I am defo gonna make those, thanks for tips on quantities of quark/philly. Am gonna make some quiches too, I cant belive I havent made any yet !! Ive been making muffins and yog and made a crunchy cereal thingy to have with milk/yog not tried it yet but methinks the muffins or galette are a better choice/use of oatbran for me. Have a great dukan weekend try to relax, your life sounds hectic like mine!

Back