790 without milk?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fingersx, 5 November 2006 Social URL.

1. fingersx

fingersx Full Member

sorry another ? about 790 - even before I stared CD I had both my tea and coffee black. This means I have nothing to use my milk allowance up in I am now allowed on 790 and I dont reallu like milk enough to drink it 'neat'

Will it matter if I dont have any milk to the 1000 plan when I can have it with cereal for breakfast which I will be starting after being on 790 a week?

thanks - again!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The milk is an essential part of the 790 plan. If you do not like milk in tea and coffee used the skimmed milk to make up one of your shakes instead of water.

Linda

4. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    milk is essential to 790?? I was never told this. I used to be a big tea drinker but just gave it up (quite easily actually....scary!)
    I am on 790 and not once have drunk the milk allowance. I assumed I was getting the vits/minerals from the packs and calcium in mineral water.
    Do you HAVE to drink the milk?

5. essexmum

essexmum Full Member

I'm starting the 790 tomorrow and I've been told that I don't have to have the milk allowance if I didn't want it

6. CW Consultant

Hi,

You do have to have the milk allowance, why else would they put it there??

Its to increase the amount of protein you are receiving as part of the stabilisation process.

7. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    what if you are doing 790 as the weight loss regieme as opposed to stabilisation. Is it still required?

8. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    JUDDDish
    Can you have the milk as fat free yogurt or fromage frais instead? Is that allowed? I'm not a big milk drinker either, and I dislike cereals, so I'll be in the same situation in another week.

9. CW Consultant

If you are really struggling with milk you can use fat free yoghourt instead and this of course you could add chopped mint and cucumber and use as dip/dressing with your chicken.

You will not find this written in any of the CD literature but it is allowed.

Even for weightloss the milk bit is important otherwise you will fall below the levels required.

Linda:)

10. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I was told I could have a pot of low fat yoghurt instead. I have it with some diced fruit & cinnamon or nutmeg.
    Ann x

11. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    right..better start adding milk into diet then!! I would like to try the yogurt...how many grams? What constitutes as a small pot??

12. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I used to buy one of the large (500g) pots, and made it last 3 days or so, I'm afraid I wasn't that specific. Did no harm at all to my weight loss.
    Ann x

13. CW Consultant

Its a 250g pot of low fat plain yoghourt.

14. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    JUDDDish
    Thanks for that information CD Counsellor, I love the way there's always someone comes along to give the answer on this site.

15. CW Consultant

You are welcome.

I would avoid adding fruit until you are on the 1000 cal programme though as this could have an adverse effect with ketosis.

Once on the 1000 cal programme the fruit is a lovely addition.

16. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Thank you!!!!!!
    Will do the yog with some chive, make some sort of dip thing!

17. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    ooooooooooough yey!! never thought of having it as a savory thing...I'm none too keen on skimmed milk so off to yoghurt land I go!! yey!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    sorry can i just ask one more thing....if the yogurt idea is not in the literature, where does it come from?

20. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    head office?? here's me guessing, but Linda would NEVER give out non-confirmed info...... she's a goodun for this sort of thing....:D

21. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

22. g1981

g1981 Thin People Only

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    cool! Thanks for the confirmation

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.