7LB Gain!!!!

letsgetlosing

How is this even possible??
After my holiday I weighed in today and have gain half a stone! I know i went off plan but surely I wasnt that bad???!
Feel absolutly gutted and really peed off at myself for undoing half of my hard work.
I kinda knew the damage was quite bad cos my clothes were feeling a little snugger.
I have been qithin syns and on plan for last 3 days and just hope that next Tuesday I can see a nice fat loss...:cry::cry::break_diet:

Did you do anything different before weigh in this week?
Different clothes, drinking water after a certain time, late lunch, "bunged up", star week etc can all make a difference.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Lots of people in my group have big holiday gains and I've gained 5 lbs in 4 days once! The thing with a big gain is that if you go straight back fully on plan, you generally get a big loss the following week. Xx

awww I wouldn't worry too much, I know its not nice for you but try to think of other circumstances around it.... as mentioned above.
think of it as a kick up the bum to be super good this week! hope you have a good weigh in next week :)

I wouldn't worry too much as some of it may be due to water retention. If you are eating more processed foods they tend to be higher in salt and you retain water, complicated by probably not drinking as much water while on holiday. If part of the gain is water retention then it should come off fairly quickly as well.

I went away 3 weeks ago and put on 10 1/2 lb I was really confused because it felt like I was eating less and smaller portions and I wasn't drinking alot of alcohol more water! So I've stuck to the plan as perfect as I could and the 2 weeks I've been back I've lost 7lb and hoping the 3 1/2lb is off when I go go weight tonight! xx

don't worry honey i put on 9lbs on my holiday - in one week!!! never going all inclusive again haha xx

I've just returned from 2 weeks in Turkey. We had hired a villa with the plan to eat out every other night. I took weetabix with me for breakfast and when we ate out I had lots of chicken and fish. Lunch was the biggest problem as it was often sandwiches. This meant bread, butter and fillings that I hadn't eaten for a while plus an icecream on some days to cool down. I also drank a few beers and some gin and tonics. I didn't expect to have gained a lot as it was a 20-25 minute walk into town and we did that there and back everyday except for 1 night when it poured with rain and we had a taxi back to the villa. I weighed on the first morning back and I'd gained 7 lbs but the next day I had 'lost' 4 lbs overnight. Been back on plan this week but nothing lost so far. Trying to drink more water and get back into things properly after a week of not being very organised.

Hi hun I've gained 12lb in a week before but always lose it within the next 2-3 weeks. Some people just gain more easily than others I think. Just have a good week this week and you'll likely see most of that off next weigh in.

Best of luck x

I'm sure you will get it back off again. Holidays are my downfall and I know it's not the food that I have the problem with it's those naughty vodka diet cokes:D. Good Luck.xx

Dont worry - i think holidays are great but the weight gain is depressing - i gained 4lbs on an all inclusive and i have only lost 1lb so far. Hoping for big things this week!

Imagine if you were not going to SW, you wouldnt know and you would end up going the other way and gaining more weight. The good news is you ARE at SW, you ARE doing something about it and you WILL lose the weight.

Now, big smile and get those speedy foods down you for a great weight loss next week.

xx

I had a end of exam blow out for 2 days at the weekend. Eat pizza, chocolate, crisps, drank lots of wine and genrally enjoyed myself. I don't regret it, I enjoyed myself, it was a one off and I've drawn a line on it. However, on SAturday I weighed in at 6lb heavier than I did 3 days before, and the weight STILL hasn't shifted - even though I've been on plan since then and I know that I haven't gained 6lb in true weight.

My plan is to drink lots and lots of water, stay away from salt, exercise and stick to plan for the next few days and WI again in a couple of days time and hopefully the water weight will of disappeared :) Hope your WI this week shows big loses! Remember weight gained quickly is easily lost !

This is what I'm a bit worried about. I'm going on hols in exactly two weeks - it's to Spain for 1 week all inclusive, so slightly apprehensive at the potential gain I might have!

I've been all inclusive before and I know there will be relatively SW friendly options, but I do want to give myself a few days off!

Doing a real 'push' before I go on hols to try to get as much off as I can :D

Atleast there's going to be a pool! You can do maybe 10minutes of swimming for each hour you're down by the pool, and if you're down by the pool for the day, you could EASILY get an hour of swimming in - if not more! That's a lot of calories burned, so might not make the weight gain so bad

What would I do without you all!! You have made me feel so much more positive!!! Thank you. I am being super good and am looking forward to next week to right this wrong!!!

What would I do without you all!! You have made me feel so much more positive!!! Thank you. I am being super good and am looking forward to next week to right this wrong!!!

Remember we're all in it together (I know I sound like some cheesy american movie :D) we'll all come back here in week and share our fabulous loses with each other, okay?

Back