8 stone or more to lose!!!!!!

I've been alright this weekend, but probably because we had friends visiting so I was in control of the cooking/food etc... I find that when I cook for others I don't really want to eat anyway - weird huh?

well done folks!
I barely made it thru yesterday lol Jubilee party on my street everyone was drinking and there was SO much yummy food...Im not even a sweetie person but there were some Homer style donuts screaming *eat me Jo!!*
I guess there will always be temptaion eh we just have to fight it , one donut at a time;p
hope you all have a great day
Jo x

Hello ladies! May I join you? I think that at my heaviest when I restarted the diet (close to 19st), I had 8st to lose. I have so far lost 1st (and 1lb!). I know I am in for the long haul. I was doing so well my first time and then my CDC went on holidays for a month and I completely ruined it :( It is the beginning of Week 3 and I am starting to get used to it now :)

Hello ladies! May I join you? I think that at my heaviest when I restarted the diet (close to 19st), I had 8st to lose. I have so far lost 1st (and 1lb!). I know I am in for the long haul. I was doing so well my first time and then my CDC went on holidays for a month and I completely ruined it :( It is the beginning of Week 3 and I am starting to get used to it now :)
hey book-worm:)
your doing SO well!
previous attempts at CD I know just how hard it is to get back on the wagon when you fall off so WTG lady
Jo x

hey book-worm:)
your doing SO well!
previous attempts at CD I know just how hard it is to get back on the wagon when you fall off so WTG lady
Jo x

Awww thank you so much Jo. Yes, it seems much harder second time around! Probably because I know how arduous it can be at times. But I also know that in a couple of weeks, I will struggle drinking all my shakes :)

You are doing really well yourself! I love this ticker thingy and how we can update our signature: it is really encouraging. I may do the same I did last time and set myself a 50 day challenge that I can update everyday...

yeah I think having a target realy helps , me and a buddy of mine on here have set one together of 4 stones before our hols in aug , were both doing realy well (so far;p)
I think the thought of my last plane trip and the seat belt only just fastening is motivating me quite well too lol
I got the same with shakes on my last CD attempt too Im realy not a milkshake or soup lover to start with...Iv been sticking mainly to cappacino this time cos with a bit of nescafe I do actualy quite enjoy it x

yeah I think having a target realy helps , me and a buddy of mine on here have set one together of 4 stones before our hols in aug , were both doing realy well (so far;p)
I think the thought of my last plane trip and the seat belt only just fastening is motivating me quite well too lol
I got the same with shakes on my last CD attempt too Im realy not a milkshake or soup lover to start with...Iv been sticking mainly to cappacino this time cos with a bit of nescafe I do actualy quite enjoy it x

Ugh the dreaded plane journey. I never really had a problem with my seat belt, even at my heaviest, probably because I am tall? But my behind is so big that it pushes me forward and my knees end up touching the seat in front. You see what I mean? My sister is roughly the same height as me but skinny and she has much more leg room.

And also, I know everyone boarding the plane just pray not to be sat next to the fatty :( So I spend the whole journey squeezing myself as tight as possible against the side and putting the arm rests down :( Very humiliating talking about this but strangely liberating too!

I never thought of adding some coffee to the shakes!

You are well on course to achieve your 4st goal! If everything goes OK, I will also reach mine :D

Ugh the dreaded plane journey. I never really had a problem with my seat belt, even at my heaviest, probably because I am tall? But my behind is so big that it pushes me forward and my knees end up touching the seat in front. You see what I mean? My sister is roughly the same height as me but skinny and she has much more leg room.

And also, I know everyone boarding the plane just pray not to be sat next to the fatty :( So I spend the whole journey squeezing myself as tight as possible against the side and putting the arm rests down :( Very humiliating talking about this but strangely liberating too!

I never thought of adding some coffee to the shakes!

You are well on course to achieve your 4st goal! If everything goes OK, I will also reach mine :D

OMG I realy did LOL when I red that:-D

lol omg not had problem with plane but when i went on holiday last year i tried to go on a ride and wouldnt close was so embarressed was unreal they went to see if they had a seat belt extender but they didnt and had to get of in front of everyone thought i was going to die with embaressment but of course i came of holiday totally forgot about it and carried on eating so i thought no way am i going on holiday this year that heavy so decided to do something about it :) x

Iv never been on rollercoasters with my kids incase that happened to me lol
Thats another mental promice Id made myself that I would take them to Alton Towers or somewhere nice when Iv shifted some lard;p
Innit nice how we can laugh about all the cringy stuff now were doing something positive to change x

Hi all, had my first weigh in on Tuesday and I lost 10lbs and Glenn lost 11lbs.
Long may it last.
Jane

Long may it last.
Jane
Well done Louie-Lou! You had the same loss as me in my first week :D

Ladies, I was wondering, do you do any exercising? Last time I did CD, I did the 30 day shred. Very hard and intensive, and I couldn't do half of the exercises but I felt really toned up after only 10 days, especially in my upper body. And even got better at some of them after a while, especially anything to do with abs. What are your exercising secrets?

Well done Louie-Lou! You had the same loss as me in my first week :D

Ladies, I was wondering, do you do any exercising? Last time I did CD, I did the 30 day shred. Very hard and intensive, and I couldn't do half of the exercises but I felt really toned up after only 10 days, especially in my upper body. And even got better at some of them after a while, especially anything to do with abs. What are your exercising secrets?

I do aqua-arobics for an hour 5 days a week , I was doing WW before CD and used to do 90mins in the gym about 4 times a week but when I started CD I just couldnt even manage an hour in the gym it wiped me out lol....the aqua-fit is just enough and I can feel it massivly especialy around my core x

Well done Jane (and Glenn) on great 1st week loss!

It's really helping me having this little corner of the forum to hear from others who also have a lot to lose. (Though some of you are doing so well you've already lost such a lot!)

I really identify with the plane nightmares, infact I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks and being able to possibly do without the extender seat belt for the first time in *ages* is what's keeping me going.

I've also been wondering about exercise. I'm not doing any exercise at all at the moment, I work mainly at home so my day mainly consists of walking from kitchen to study and back again. I feel worn out, my legs feel heavy and it's an effort just to put one foot in front of another. I wondered though whether complete lack of exercise might be making me feel worse and I might even feel better if I made the effort to get a bit more active. Mo-Jo I really like the sound of aqua aerobics and infact am going to have a look online now to see if there's anything near me.

I have a question - last time I lost a lot of weight the saggy and baggy skin was horrendous, especially my belly and arms, and I think it even looked worse then the flab. Is this going to be inevitable and is surgery the only real route, or does anyone have any tips for anything that might help - either exercise or lotions and potions?

Keep going ladies :)

Potter x

Well done Jane (and Glenn) on great 1st week loss!

It's really helping me having this little corner of the forum to hear from others who also have a lot to lose. (Though some of you are doing so well you've already lost such a lot!)

I really identify with the plane nightmares, infact I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks and being able to possibly do without the extender seat belt for the first time in *ages* is what's keeping me going.

I've also been wondering about exercise. I'm not doing any exercise at all at the moment, I work mainly at home so my day mainly consists of walking from kitchen to study and back again. I feel worn out, my legs feel heavy and it's an effort just to put one foot in front of another. I wondered though whether complete lack of exercise might be making me feel worse and I might even feel better if I made the effort to get a bit more active. Mo-Jo I really like the sound of aqua aerobics and infact am going to have a look online now to see if there's anything near me.

I have a question - last time I lost a lot of weight the saggy and baggy skin was horrendous, especially my belly and arms, and I think it even looked worse then the flab. Is this going to be inevitable and is surgery the only real route, or does anyone have any tips for anything that might help - either exercise or lotions and potions?

Keep going ladies :)

Potter x

hey hun:)
I think the aqua-fits a great idea for us larger ladies/gents cos you dont feel your own weight in the water, on your joints or get hot and sweaty I would def recomend it!
I think everyones skin is different as they lose weight isnt it and I red somewhere that it can take up to 2 years to shrink back as far as its going too.....I do use all the lotions and potions but at the end of the day in my head I think my clothes will hide any spare skin I get but there was just no hiding the spare tyres;p
x

Aquarobic sounds great unfortunately, swimming pool water is a big NO NO for my skin :( I wish I could do that as as you say, mo-jo, water helps with the weight but also builds up resistance: perfect for toning up!

Saggy skin...Mmm... I remember asking my GP once and he answered: "how long is a piece of string?" LOL Apparently, it depends on your age, how long you've been overweight, how toned your muscles are, the state of your skin (dry or well hydrated), DNA, etc. I am dreading it too but rather that than being obese. It's one of the reasons I am desperate to start exercising, to see if it helps.

I do aqua-arobics for an hour 5 days a week , I was doing WW before CD and used to do 90mins in the gym about 4 times a week but when I started CD I just couldnt even manage an hour in the gym it wiped me out lol....the aqua-fit is just enough and I can feel it massivly especialy around my core x

Oh my yes, I just looked at your stats: you're amazing Potter!

Louie lou said:
Long may it last.
Jane

Wow! That's amazing Jane :) well done to both of you xx

Back