8 stone to lose, could do with a buddy!

Yaaay! Gym and exercise is so good. Not only do you lose fat faster, but it keeps your mood from dipping too low and makes the whole journey easier.

aesir22 said:
Yaaay! Gym and exercise is so good. Not only do you lose fat faster, but it keeps your mood from dipping too low and makes the whole journey easier.

When I lost five stone about 7 years ago I went to the gym before work and in the evening. However now I am older, in a really demanding job, and mild arthritis in knees. This probably wasn't helped by pounding my 19 st body on the treadmill! I aiming for a manageable routine that is sustainable so fingers crossed. Thanks for all the support in this thread. Dani

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

When I lost five stone about 7 years ago I went to the gym before work and in the evening. However now I am older, in a really demanding job, and mild arthritis in knees. This probably wasn't helped by pounding my 19 st body on the treadmill! I aiming for a manageable routine that is sustainable so fingers crossed. Thanks for all the support in this thread. Dani

Hello,

What exercise are you doing? I do shift work and since breaking my foot last year my knee is playing up. So I am never sure what I can do nowadays and I don't want to damage my knee anymore.

Tessa2000 said:
Hello,

What exercise are you doing? I do shift work and since breaking my foot last year my knee is playing up. So I am never sure what I can do nowadays and I don't want to damage my knee anymore.

I am starting with swimming, yoga, bike and cross trainer as these are non weight bearing or reduced impact on my knees. Let's hope I keep it up. I got a gym referral from the doctor so ingot blood pressure, bmi etc worked out yesterday, with a review in 12 weeks.

Thanks. Not sure if they would refer me to gym. Must look into swimming again. Finding the time with my stupid shift work and calculating my finances as on very tight budget. Looking for new job though so that might change :)
At the mmoment just trying to eat better until I decide on a diet plan.

Well i gained a pound this week. Oh well! I know why and actually expected worse! But on plan for rest of the week as on hol next week and will be indulging!

Never mind about the gain it will be gone next week! Enjoy your holiday.

Sounds like you've got a great attitude and so I've got no doubts that you'll get there! I could have written your list of reasons myself! Looks like you're doing great so far, got no doubts at all that the weight will fly off!

waterbabydani said:
Lost 2 lbs this week, whoo hoo 7.5 lbs in three weeks

Well done that's great! X x

Thanks shenzi. I'm now wondering how I could have wasted the last hour trying to update my bloomin ticker and still no luck. I'm so stubborn I don't want to give up, especially when everyone else's signatures are so highly decorated! I'm just going to take a breath and do it tomorrow!

Lol did you get it sorted? Holiday tomorrow woo hoo!! Am worried it might result in a significant weight gain though lol

Yeah but even if it does, does it really matter as long as you have a good time?? Anything you put on will soon be off, most of it will be water weight anyway. So just go enjoy yourself and don't worry about it! Where are you going?

Lucky you! Have a fantastic holiday don't worry about food while your there just enjoy it and get back on it when you get back! X

Ooh nice, I'm sure you'll have a fab time. Can I come?! How old's your sister?

Thanks all. She's 21 but i think i will always see her being 6 lol! She's had a tough year at uni, could do with a break!

Aww aren't you a nice big brother :)

Back