810 food

Hi All
I'm sure there was a post not long ago about what you could have but I can't for the life of me find it! As I read the list in the book it doesn't include green peppers and yet if you turn the page there is a recipe that includes green pepper! Also, another question, do you think peas are ok to have? I did have them yesterday, and boy were they good, but when I checked the booklet (after eating) there is no mention of them - but they're green! Feeling a bit confused at mo - must add it doesn't take much to confuse me though lol
LittleDoris xx

Peas are a bit carby - and yeah - the book does explain that in the FAQ at the end of the 1000 chapter, I think - tiny bits of foods not on the list are kind of okay in combo with other ingredients. So you could use miso soup and garlic and ginger with the pak choi for example - but the idea is to be sparing with those new tastes and just enjoy the rest of the list!

I'll get you the list in a sec hun - but just wante dto asner your question. Peas are very sweet so go easy on 'em...

810 list

3 Cambridge meal products

340ml skimmed milk or 195g fat free plain yoghurt

1 protein option (though you can mix and match, e.g., half of the cottage cheese and half of the chicken)

1 Vegetable option (or mix and match as for the protein)
======

Protein Options

250g plain cottage cheese (less than 5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
245g chicken/turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
350g steamed tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

Vegetable options

3 tablespoons in total of any of the following:

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow
Brussels sprouts,
Kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Chinese leafy greens such as pok choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac
Mushrooms, Leeks.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

Many thanks. I really enjoyed the peas as well :-(. Could have been worse I suppose, could have been chocolate or worse still... my ultimate weakness...... bread!!!!

Back