875 ml Milk allowance on A Choice!!!!!!

At Asda its on offer for £1 but went into Tesco today and it was £1.49. Not paying that, so will have to have another look in Asda. It can be difficult to get hold of as all the s w ers have been snaffling. Make sure when you get it you get the unsweetened one. The original is sweetened and you only get 500mls of that as your allowance, although you may well prefer it. :)

At Asda its on offer for £1 but went into Tesco today and it was £1.49. Not paying that, so will have to have another look in Asda. It can be difficult to get hold of as all the s w ers have been snaffling. Make sure when you get it you get the unsweetened one. The original is sweetened and you only get 500mls of that as your allowance, although you may well prefer it. :)

Tesco had a generic product which at a glance had identical calories as does the alpro unsweetened. I wonder if that has the same allowance. The calcium and fibre are the same, the tesco one is only £1.

Mmm thats interesting, will have a look for that. Is it called Tescos almond milk or something like that? Will have a look and ask my c, she will probably say if its not on the he list then we cant use it! Thanks for the heads up! :)

I tried this one...
950ml Alpro Almond Milk, Unsweetened ambient/chilled - hex A

Made a rice pudding with it - was yummy + very creamy

Cost £1.49 for the carton at Waitrose (dont normally shop there tho) bit well worth it :) xxx

I tried this one...

Cost £1.49 for the carton at Waitrose (dont normally shop there tho) bit well worth it :) xxx

Thanks for that was wondering how much we could have.

I tried this one...

£1 in tesco on Monday

Must admit Im not that keen on it heated in the micro for coffee, but for some reason when its heated to make porridge it goes all creamy and lush. It does seem to separate a little. So I now have the rest at night just as it is in a glass.

Must admit Im not that keen on it heated in the micro for coffee, but for some reason when its heated to make porridge it goes all creamy and lush. It does seem to separate a little. So I now have the rest at night just as it is in a glass.

Hi, coffee curdles the milk. I've been using the almond milk instead of soya - both do the same. Try adding a small amount of hot water to the coffee first and don't boil the milk. I drink mostly cocoa now and it's lovely with the almond milk. I'm sure hot chocolate would work just as well but I'm dairy intolerant so wouldn't know for sure x

I like this milk but I had a reaction from it. My body blew up like a balloon after drinking it. Apparently it has an ingredient called Carrageen in it which is a kind of moss (!) and some people are allergic to it. I bought the Alpro one and it does not list this on its ingredients and I seem fine with that one. I agree it is great added to Options. Have yet to try the rice pudding.

I made mine with just putting the milk into the micro, then adding the coffee after. Will try the little bit of water trick. I dont have it now as my main milk as I think £1.39 a day is too much to spend on milk just for me. I just use a little for my porridge and have skimmed milk allowance of 350mls. I syn the little bit of almond milk I have with my porridge. :)

Ah Emsie, I too love the hazelnut coffee. I get what you say about the buying coffees out etc. I do that too!!! In fact I have a bit of a coffee fetish with regards to costa,starbucks,neros, etc. And the odd cake is creeping in too! Thats why I put on this week. However, thats one of the joys of being at target.A little of what you fancy and all that.

syn free rice pudding.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (almond) use as hex a
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 180c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.

syn free rice pudding.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (almond) use as hex a
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 180c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.

Oh thanks for this Defo give this ago as I bought some almond breeze from tescos today

Back