Step 1 Sole Source + 8lbs/5ins off in first week!!

I will def try the choc mint then. Let me know what you think of the orange if you do try it xx
I usually order my normal products then pick up an extra sachet or 2 when I go for weigh in, to try and experiment with flavours. Boredom with a restricted choice would be my downfall on this diet so I glad I've been more willing to try something new than I would have been if I was eating normally.

fantastic!!!! can you pls advise on what you did to loss so much in first and second weeks pls pls pls???

I can't emphasize enough the water intake. If it slows, my weight loss slows. If I stick to it, my loss picks up a bit of speed. the other thing I'm doing when I have a small meal if I'm doing SS+, is add a teaspoon of virgin olive oil, like cook sliced mushrooms in it or Quorn, or drizzle it over lettuce. I don't know why but it really helps with weight loss in my personal experience xx

Back in the 15s!

Started this diet 9 days ago at 16st13lbs (1lb off 17st!), weighed today and 2lbs under 16st. That means in 9 short days, I have lost 1st1lb. really pleased!! :D:D

Off out now so will post my entry to cover the last few days later...

Days 10 & 11

My official weigh in is tomorrow and in the PM so it may change slightly but as long as its in the right ball park, I'm very happy.

Well yesterday was a bit of a struggle. My husband and daughter decided to have a McDonald's mid drive so the car stank of the stuff and there was nowhere for me to run. I powered through with an "I'll enjoy it for all of 2 minutes then be bloated and annoyed - it's not worth it anyway" attitude. In the end, I was proud of myself. We went to a garden centre and bought so veg to grow ourselves. I got the lack of water problem sorted out, yay me! At the end of the evening, my daughter handed me the plate with leftovers (including 2 full slices) of her pizza, I remained strong and threw it in the bin

Today, hubby had a KFC, was less fazed than yesterday, I slurped my banana tetra and that filled me up enough. Lesson learned here: it's important to not to avoid places of temptation, face them with strength and it will help change your thinking about food forever. Self esteem is pretty good, my willpower is stronger than I gave it credit.

Me and hubby went to the beach today where we had a cup or 2 of tea (well I did, he had a large latte and scone with cream and jam), they had no sweeteners so instead of putting sugar in, I went without and it wasn't that bad actually.

Me and hubby been arguing a lot this year, regularly in the last month. Would normally have caved for food to make me feel better, but without food, I feel more better quicker. I now know I never need to comfort eat again, so I won't

How is everyone else getting along? xxx

Day 12

All going well, had my 3 meals early for weigh in this evening. Going to have Quorn, mushrooms and broccoli for dinner. Looking forward to that :eek:

Will see how weigh in goes but so far, down from size 22 and almost out of size 20, maybe size 18 over the next week or so. Here's hoping...

Cannot imagine the will power you must have to turn down all those foods!! I struggle walking through a supermarket due to temptations. It is a good mentality to have though. I had a Chinese takeaway not long ago and must say within 10 mins of finishing wasnt satisfied at all. Think a choc mint shake would've been better (and cheaper)

Cannot imagine the will power you must have to turn down all those foods!! I struggle walking through a supermarket due to temptations. It is a good mentality to have though. I had a Chinese takeaway not long ago and must say within 10 mins of finishing wasnt satisfied at all. Think a choc mint shake would've been better (and cheaper)

I am actually helped out there by a peanut allergy so I've never eaten Indian/Asian foods so I can't miss it. I don't spicy food so that's a huge variety out. I am missing spag bol and sunday roast dinner the most. The meal allowance would be so much easier if I could have a little gravy but I'm struggling to eat dry Quorn or veg. Might go back to the Asda chicken breast - they had a perfect seasoning on them. For the next couple of weeks I'll be pretty much SS.

I approach the will power in quite a simple way, a technique I used to give up smoking. I have kept a cigarette on my bedside table for well over a year now, its there if I want it but I don't need it. When I gave up initially, I knew if I didn't have any, I'd be gasping within half an hour. So I applied the same logic to food, McDonald's have been around for decades, they'll still be there after this diet and if I want something then, I can get one. That way, I'm not telling myself "no", I'm saying "just wait a bit and see if you really want it"

How are you getting on my lovely?

Well yesterday I weighed for the second time since I started this diet 12 days ago. I lost what was an initially disappointing 3lbs. Then my consultant pointed out that it was a PM weigh and I haven't even completed my second week. So I guess 11lbs in less than 2 weeks is something I should be proud of. I also lost another 3.5 inches so that's 8.5 inches so far. Go me!!

Been off plan for 2 weeks due to medical tests. Got an op in 3 weeks so off it again when that comes around. Got 3 weeks to lose as much weight as possible. fingers crossed.

Went to weigh in last week and had still lost 2lb despite being completely off plan. Very happy. Not expecting a loss today but maybe I will, just hope I haven't gained.

Day 4 of new start after my op

So I regained all the weight I had before I started the diet and a few extra pounds taking me to 17st 3lbs. Felt so gutted but my minor exploratory op turned into major bowel surgery and with that causing me to feel low, further adding to mobility problems and keeping me off the plan for the long recovery, I'm not wholly surprised. Just more determined than ever.

I've actually been on plan since Monday with a new consultant as I also moved just to add to my stress levels. I am most of the way through day 4 now and feeling good. Glad to be past the first 3 days of headaches, which were pretty intense this time. I have been using chocolate and banana tetras and buying cooked chicken as my eve meal. I've got to say its all going well and I feel optimistic this time.

I will lose this weight and regain my self-esteem.

I'll leave this message to myself (and anyone else who finds it helpful) - "Don't cheat! Right now you feel healthier, happier and less bloated. No food is worth giving in to temptation. The diet is really no effort whatsoever and you don't feel hungry. Just say no."

Day 7 of first week back on plan

Feel so excited!

Diet is going well and don't feel hungry. A bra which used to cut into me is now fitting properly and I'm almost in the next notch of my belt. I don't think the loss is overly noticeable but I feel so much better and little changes are noticeable to me. Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for a good loss :D

Well I had my weigh in and lost 7lbs which I was initially disappointed with until I was told that I'd also lost a whopping 7 inches all over. Pleased as punch now!!

Next weigh in just under a month because I'm away at University. Hoping for a big loss given the time and will be happier for an equally good inch loss.

Back