8's to 7's?

Aw, go Lucy! How was your injury? Did it hold up ok?

We are around the same weight... chase you to 8 stone ;) x

My knees help up ok thankyou! I still need to get exercising with my physio and make a real effort to stick to it though. I also need to order some rock tape just to keep things all alligned!

I'd forgotten you were on WW Sammie...

My best friend is losing weight for her wedding on the 5:2 diet, looks scary to me after doing SW for so long.

I read an article published by NHS about SW and how the downside of it is that it doesn't teach you about calories etc.

I think I could restrict my cals a bit more still following SW but not too 500 like my friend is doing....Saying that though she had lost 9lb in 3 weeks!

I've heard good things about 5:2 but it's a bit extreme for me and I have a history of BED so I don't like too restrict myself too much WW is perfect for me as it's restrictive but still get to eat a reasonable amount .. I would never knock SW though my step sister has lost 3st on it in about 6 months she looks amazing ! Xx

Off to face the scales, mine say 8st 11 so I'm looking at at least 5 on yikes!!!

Defo interested in doing a 5:2 week and Sw if you could give me idea if what you eat on the 2 day opal??

Ok so well deserved.... 4.5 on but!!!! I did run 3.4 miles non stop last night so I'm feeling ok about it :)

Go you :)

You've taken the first step though so you'll be fine now!

Did you want to know a bit more about how I do SW/5:2?

I have been following SW properly now for over a year but after Christmas/New Year 2013, I was getting frustrated with gaining/losing the same pounds. I was following plan 80-90% of the time and just wasn't losing. I could have been stricter with myself but I wanted to live a bit too. I started doing 5:2 alongside SW around March time (didn't manage 2 fast days every week though) and it really helped my losses. They were still small at 0.5lb to 2lb a week at the very most but allowed a little flexibility for social events. There are lots of other benefits too for your health and I think it's a good way to maintain!

You can use the 500 calories whichever way you like, i.e. 3 very small meals, breakfast and dinner with lunch skipped or what I prefer to do is just save the calories for one normal meal in the evening. Protein and veg are your friend on fast days. Vegetable broths make great meals for ~100 calories. As do egg white omelettes etc.

I use MyFitnessPal to track calories and weigh everything!! You can take a look at my food diary to see what combos I use or searching for #52diet on insta-gram is good for inspiration too.

You'll probably find the first few tough but it does get easier. You start to appreciate the calorie content of food a lot more and learn that hunger is actually ok and comes in waves! x

Thanks Opal!

I was worried about whether i had to fast all day and have one meal but eating lunch and dinner sounds good to me and perhaps a small snack mid morning if I was desperate!

I think if I could make a batch of low cal slimming world friendly soup then I could possibly do it!

Just need to measure everything like you say and go for it....I've got a wedding a week on sat and I really could do with just trying something else. Tomorrow is a good day for me to fast as i'm busy all day and have nothing in my way really!

Right...I'm going to give it a go!

I'm currently making a slimming world low cal veggie soup - I've weighed everything and the whole batch comes out at 720 cals so I will see what size I get in batches but it doesn't look that much yet, maybe 4-5. Either way I'd like the portion to be about 100-150 cals.

I've bought skimmed milk so i'm planning on having 100ml max throughout the day for 34 cals

And then its tea time i'm struggling with. I do have a nice rump steak in the freezer but I think I will keep that for a non fast day and enjoy a big salad with it.

Yeah so i'm stuck for tea yet and I won't want soup twice :)

Do you try to just have 500cals AND stick to sw principles or just have the 500cal regardless??

Usually SW principles. I tend to stick to SW naturally now for food as long as eating out/snacks/booze aren't involved!!

15 syns = 300 calories anyway so it's quite easy! Yesterday I felt horrible so had a tin of heinz chicken soup for 140 calories which would have been 7 syns. Dinner was a bacon in WM sandwich so easy! x

It's my first day!

So looking forward to my 100cal soup for lunch! Might have a scan bran with it for 35cals too.

Tea will be salad and turkey I think!

Well my first fast day on fro went really well i'm please to say!

I even didn't waste any cals on a G&T - And thats a first for me on a fri night in yonks!!!

Pleased to report scales ahve been kinder showing me down from 8st 8 3/4 to 8st 7 1/4 this morning :)

You need to update your stats on your signature panel?

Wow! That's an amazing weight missanon, remind me of your height?

I'm doing ok, been running tonight and felt great but now I'm freezing cold and actually feel a bit sick :(

Back