8's to 7's?

Still here but I don't think i'll be part of this thread, for a VERY long long time anyway!!!

I had my second child 6 weeks ago, pre pregnancy I was 8st 7 and out of target already and 6 weeks postpartum I weigh 9st 11 and i've just had to but some size 14 jeans which (for me) is not where I want to be!!!

I will be joining back at class in the New Year but until then i'm trying to introduce slimming world into our meals but its so hard with a baby that want's our constant attention! As soon as we sit down for food he's crying out, and if hubby isn't here I can't prepare food anyway!

I know where i'm going wrong and not losing (for example living off tomato soup when I need to make my own!) so its not like i'm really trying and not seeing results.

You've done so well to maintain to be under 8stone though, I can only imagine what that would be like!!!

I will lurk around though :)

This thread looks like it's gone a bit quiet... Hello? Anybody out there? :D I'm new to SW - I started last week and I'm trying to go it alone, with the help of this forum. I'm coming in at the *very* top of the 8 stone mark. I would like to get back down into the mid-low 7's as this is where I used to be a few years ago. Is anyone else in the same boat? And, if so, have you found success using SW? My main concern is that I might be absentmindedly eating too many calories now/ eating more than when I started due to the free food allowance and insistence that we don't need to count calories. I was an avid calorie counter for a really long time, although it clearly wasn't working for me as the weight just kept piling on! I do tend to eat pretty healthily, though... my problems are portion control and too much wine! Well, that and over ambitious calorie control when I have really wanted to lose - and I think that may have backfired and ended up messing with my metabolism. :doh:

Anyone who's in a similar position - "hi"! Looking forward to chatting more.

I'm still here :)

I am hovering around 8st 9lb atm, would love to be 8st by summer again though. I follow SW but do 2 x 500 cal fast days each week too. More for health reasons but it does mean I can have a few treats at the weekend and too and not gain too much weight.

I lost 3 stone a few years ago and have hovered between 8st and 9st ever since. I found 8st difficult to maintain though so tweaked my target to 8st 7 again which I find it much easier maintaining. I'm getting married on NYE though so would like to have the extra half stone off for that ;) xx

Bumping this old thread ... and not sure I even belong here. At weigh in yesterday I was 8st 13.6lbs. My target is 8st 4lb but I am not sure I will be happy with that. Last time I remember being really comfortable with my weight I was 7st 13lbs. I know I can get down to that, just not sure I will be able to maintain and I am worried about yo-yo-ing so picked a weight that is probably OK and easier to maintain. That was my logic anyways. Not so sure now that it will be right for me. Anyone else in a similar position?

Hello! I am :)

I last weighed at group nearly 3 weeks ago and was 8st 13.5lb... since then I've been on holiday, working lots and on a 4 day course in Scotland where I was out of control of food choices so even though I am back on track now, I'd say I'm prob slightly over 9 atm.

I got down to 8st before and felt great but found it very difficult to maintain - even with fast days and lots of exercise! I seem to be able to maintain pretty well around 8st 7lb so I lifted my target to that and maintained it for around 3 years but recently I've broken my foot, got married, been on honeymoon etc and my weight has crept up around half a stone.

Would love to get right back down again but I just love wine and food too much!!! xx

I decided today that I will stop at my original target (8st 4lbs) and see how I manage maintenance at that weight. Can always adjust later on it that works out to be very easy (I doubt it!)

Back