9 stone off by Christmas challenge anyone?

Hi Ellie you have me on Facebook so if you ever want to chat you know where I am. Good Luck xx

Can I join in? :D

I would LOVE to lose 8 stones by Xmas! :D

welcome in cause you can

Hi, I'll join you, though I'd be happy with 4 stone and ecstatic with 8 stone by Christmas. I'm the same story as you and I honestly don't know what I weigh - I'm starting rosemary Conley on.Monday night and then I'll know the damage. I'm guessing 25 stone but could easily be nearer 30. Of course this means I'm "treating" myself this weekend but I'm not actually enjoying it, my heads in the zone now and I just hope I can keep it there. Will be great to journey with you all, don't let me quit!! Please don't let me quit!!!!

I wont let you quit if you dont let me ;) ive gotta get my head around this!!

Good luck with this, but I feel that setting such a high target is setting yourself up for a fall :( smaller targets are definitely the way to go.

I suppose it could bee seen that way, but if we set small targets inbetween this then surelynthat would keep u on track and motivated :)

Hey guys. I am 22 and started at 19st 9.8 in January. I have lost 2stone 10 since new year. I'm down to 16stone 13.8. My target is 11 stone and I would like to be there by Christmas or new year at the latest. So I'm with you. That 8stone 9.8 to lose. I am not following any particular diet. Right now I have breakfast biscuits for breakfast, something light for dinner and slim fast for tea. Keep fling off but get back on again. I started at a size 24 but was squeezing in to size 22. I had very few clothes that actually fit me because I refused to buy them. I kept buying size 16 and 18 for the day I fit into them. They have been in my wardrobe over 2 years. But at last I can just about fit into some of the size 18 things. I have hated my body for years. I always wanted to be on stage but with this body there is no chance, if I don't do it now I will be too old for the stage. I also want to find a man, and no matter what people say men are attracted to looks. You can't be with someone you are not attracted to. I feel great that I can now move a hell of a lot easier. I can squeeze through smaller gaps. But I still have a long way to go. This is the year and I am with you all the way. Down to target by Christmas!!! Lets do this!!!

Definitely up for this challenge, i'm going to aim for about 5st though as i'm doing weight watchers. Be nice to have support from those with lots to lose too :)

Can I join too please - have only just seen this! It is perfect for me as I am determined to get to goal before Christmas this year, so would love to join this challenge! I do a monthly challenge on the Cambridge forums on here, which works well for me for short term goals, but having now lost 5st (68lb "officially" as gained 3lb last week - oops - but scales show 8lb off since Tuesday so well over 5st gone now, hoping for 5st 7lb by Tuesday!) I am finally ready to start looking at a final target!

I am currently 19st 11lb/277lb on Consultants scale so will use that as my start weight for the sake of this challenge. I would like to get to 12st 4lb/172lb for Christmas (or ideally before!) - this is exactly half my body weight gone! 12st 4lb gives me a BMI of 26 - fine by me and better than the BMI of 53 I started with!

So I want to lose 105lb/7st 7lb by Christmas. Losing about 20lb a month on average so far so this should be achievable. I know it will slow down as I get closer to target! Feeling very very motivated at the moment, which has been helped hugely by rediscovering my love of taking part in sport (which I hope will help me to maintain once I complete this diet!).

Ohhh so exciting, off to make a ticker!!!

Can I join too please - have only just seen this! It is perfect for me as I am determined to get to goal before Christmas this year, so would love to join this challenge! I do a monthly challenge on the Cambridge forums on here, which works well for me for short term goals, but having now lost 5st (68lb "officially" as gained 3lb last week - oops - but scales show 8lb off since Tuesday so well over 5st gone now, hoping for 5st 7lb by Tuesday!) I am finally ready to start looking at a final target!

I am currently 19st 11lb/277lb on Consultants scale so will use that as my start weight for the sake of this challenge. I would like to get to 12st 4lb/172lb for Christmas (or ideally before!) - this is exactly half my body weight gone! 12st 4lb gives me a BMI of 26 - fine by me and better than the BMI of 53 I started with!

So I want to lose 105lb/7st 7lb by Christmas. Losing about 20lb a month on average so far so this should be achievable. I know it will slow down as I get closer to target! Feeling very very motivated at the moment, which has been helped hugely by rediscovering my love of taking part in sport (which I hope will help me to maintain once I complete this diet!).

Ohhh so exciting, off to make a ticker!!!

Hey, you have done fantastic so far. I can't wait to get to my goal. I think it's a much more exciting prospect that Christmas itself x

Hey, you have done fantastic so far. I can't wait to get to my goal. I think it's a much more exciting prospect that Christmas itself x

Yes, completely agree!!! And the fact I am nearly half way there already I find incredibly exciting and empowering. I have been thinking a lot about my future, and being hideously overweight just does not fit with any of my plans over the next few years!!! Which in itself is a massive motivation to keep going. Just wish i had done something about it 10 years ago!

I should maybe add that I may change my goal in the future. Fact is I have been over 18st since I was 18 years old - I am 32 now! So quite simply have no idea how the weight is going to come off and how I am going to look as I get closer to goal :)

I'm loving the idea of a new me in a new year, it's something great to aim for. We're also hoping to do a long haul holiday but I can't face the plane at the moment so that's another thing to focus on. I've made the shopping list today so I've got everything in the house to start on Monday, I'm excited but super nervous.

I'm loving the idea of a new me in a new year, it's something great to aim for. We're also hoping to do a long haul holiday but I can't face the plane at the moment so that's another thing to focus on. I've made the shopping list today so I've got everything in the house to start on Monday, I'm excited but super nervous.

It will be worth it. X

How will we keep check? Just updating our weekly results here?

Really hoping to lose some serious weight, especially as I'm turning the big 3-0 in November lol

I reckon regular updates would be good, but maybe we should set mini challenges so we dont get bummed out by not hitting a milestone!!

I'm more than likely going to start from my next weigh in (Weds) I need a slap lol can't believe we are nearly half way through April already and I'm still a few pounds from my pre-Xmas weight :-(

Maybe if we do weekly updates and set monthly challenges to get to our goals?

Back