A bit gross but I need some help!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, I need help and I need help quickly! I am going to write this as politley as possible...........

I can't go to the loo and haven't been properly for 5 days now and I am starting to feel awful.

I went to the pharmacy today and explained my plight, but they really suggested I change my eating habits - despite the fact that I said I drink at least 2 litres of water every day and tons of fruit and veg etc. I found them a bit patronising to be honest.

they did sell me something in a sachet that i mix with water - I took it 6 hours ago and still nothing grrr.

Any suggestions? x:(

Know someone with a gastric band who uses something called senna she buys from savers!! Its not expensive and she says its the only thing that works.

Also oranges are meant to make you go!! I don't have any problems in that department and always thought its cos I eat lots of fruit but if you do then I don't know what could be the cause :( if it doesn't come soon I would go to the doctors as that can't be comfortable to live with for you. Are you on any medications? I know a lot of medications even including just paracetamols, can make you constipated

A friend once told me a mug of boiled water with a slice of fresh lemon 1st thing every morning helps 'clear u out'
Hope u find something that works x

Yeah you may eat loads of fruit and veg but that's all soluble fibre you need some dietary fibre like all bran, bran flakes etc have a huge bowl for tea sod the HEXs/SYNs for tonight, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is a usual plight for me, I have IBS & even with my meds sometimes a little help is needed ;)

Was it movicol by any chance? Useless stuff!

I suggest asking for what I call "jolop"... Well, actually ask for lactulose syrup. Take a good dose before bed & things should move in the morning. It's gentle & helps a lot. My mum suggested it to me as she's on high dose cocodamol :)

I also recommend peppermint tea (couple of cups a day) for a happy bowel!

If you still haven't been or are getting pains or feel ill in any other way then you may need something more extreme... But we won't go there yet :D

Xx Charli xX

I been suffering as well since going on SW and only this week have found that eating lentils has helped!

Was gonna say lactulose and peppermint tea too, I get terrible constipation due to ibs and find if I keep up my fluids and have peppermint tea every day it keeps.it at bay a bit and lactulose is great over night. Take it with a big drink of water. Excercise helps too.

a lady i know had same problem an uses 'slimatee' its like a erbal teabag, can get from holland & barrett, not sure where else. x

Which Pharmacy did you go to? They sound useless. The powder laxative won't work instantly, especially after 5 days, you would need to take it for a few days to have any effect.

Get some Glycerol suppository's, all pharmacies and some supermarkets stock them. Insert 2 - even if it says 1, 2 will be fine as you need 2 if you have not had a movement in that long. When you insert them, do it flat end first, then keep them in as long as possible, you may want to wear a liner incase you get leakage ( I know gross). This will help clear your lower bowel, keep taking the laxatives as you will still need to move from the top too. You may get loose bowels, this isn't necessarily a proper bowel movement, so you may need to still use the powders. 5 days is a long time to go without opening your bowels, so if this doesn't work after a couple more days get to your GP, although try and handle it your self as the GP would need to do a PR on you!

Also I suggest that you keep up with the laxatives for a while after until your bowels are normal again x

My daughter used to suffer terribly and kiwi fruit used to work like a charm. Hope you feel better soon.

Like everyone else I am the same and the longest I went was 9 days! I felt terrible but I refuse to go the doctors!! Partly because I know what they are going to say! Your fat lose Weight and you will poo like a skinny person! I hate it! Iv been having problems with my toe oh it's because your fat lose weight and you will fly! I keep getting ringing in my ears oh it's coZ your fat lose weight and the ringing will sound like singing Grrrrr ad worst of all most doctors are fat! Sorry mini rant but that's all I get from my doc so I hate going! but the hotwater and lemon works really well for me to! I have 1 everynight now and never had any problems since! Although I don't use fresh lemon as it was quite expensive! I find the lemon juice in a bottle works just fine for me! =] x good luck

P.s think of your weight loss afte you have gone woo wee :) x

sl1nkyminny said:
Like everyone else I am the same and the longest I went was 9 days! I felt terrible but I refuse to go the doctors!! Partly because I know what they are going to say! Your fat lose Weight and you will poo like a skinny person! I hate it! Iv been having problems with my toe oh it's because your fat lose weight and you will fly! I keep getting ringing in my ears oh it's coZ your fat lose weight and the ringing will sound like singing Grrrrr ad worst of all most doctors are fat! Sorry mini rant but that's all I get from my doc so I hate going! but the hotwater and lemon works really well for me to! I have 1 everynight now and never had any problems since! Although I don't use fresh lemon as it was quite expensive! I find the lemon juice in a bottle works just fine for me! =] x good luck

P.s think of your weight loss afte you have gone woo wee :) x

OMG!! Don't get me started on Drs. Glad it's not just me :D

Charli XxX

have the same problems from time to time, i actually think for me its due to a lack of fat in my diet, because when i eat fatty foods and c**p i manage to go fine, my theory is that when im eating better food my body doesnt want to let go of all the good nutrients and that in my body but when i eat fat its like 'eugh get away!' my friend finds a cup of strong coffee in the morning works for her! Im trying out the warm water and lemon juice today, difficult because i hate water without squash or tea lol! x

Back