A bit gross but I need some help!

hi girls, oh I could write a book on this!!!
I was told by docs I had lazy bowel and IBS after having my first DS 6 years ago, so have been on movicol for 5 years, every day...I tried everything else before that, and they all worked for a few days/weeks then the constipation came back- so it was last resort
anyway, I went to a private allergy clinic a few months ago and ever since I have been totally off the movicol.woohoooo!
found out I was wheat and dairy intolerant , so since stopping them, omg the change is amazing, no wind, no cramps, no constipation and no looking like Im 9 months pregnant. she also gave me some great tips
every morning on empty stomach take 1 or 2 cups warm water with lemon and cayenne pepper (just a shake or two of cayenne, if you cough when you taste it, youve put too much in) this will waken your bowel and make you go.it actually tastes ok. I just half fill cup w boiling water then top it up with cold.
go easy on apples and banannas, although yummy and free on SW both bong you up (I had to give them up completely)
take magnesium tablets before bed with glass water. I have to take 800mg because I have been on the movicol for so long, so it will take a while for my body to go back to working on its own, I think the normal dosage is 100mg?(obviously check with health care practitioner/staff at health food shop etc) the magnesium help you have a great night sleep too.
anyway, hope you get it sorted soon, good luck x

HI - I had the same - I use Regulease from the Healthspan website - its soluble fibre which is slightly sweet so add to my morning coffee, I think it was £9.99 for a Huge tub so will last ages - (there is 1 review though which says gave them gas - I havent found that )- it works fine for me.

I did try Ground Flax seed and that made me a bit windy :sigh:

EasyFibre Regulease - Soluble dietary fibre

Ok, I need help and I need help quickly! I am going to write this as politley as possible...........

I can't go to the loo and haven't been properly for 5 days now and I am starting to feel awful.

I went to the pharmacy today and explained my plight, but they really suggested I change my eating habits - despite the fact that I said I drink at least 2 litres of water every day and tons of fruit and veg etc. I found them a bit patronising to be honest.

they did sell me something in a sachet that i mix with water - I took it 6 hours ago and still nothing grrr.

Any suggestions? x:(

Im surprised they were that useless at the pharmacy. Telling you to change your eating habits isnt going to help you out of the situation. There are numerous kinds of laxatives they can sell over the counter. Some of them extremely quick acting.

It's a common problem that many people suffer from. If you are doing SW you are probably already eating all the recommended foods in the necessary quantities.

Like everyone else I am the same and the longest I went was 9 days! I felt terrible but I refuse to go the doctors!! Partly because I know what they are going to say! Your fat lose Weight and you will poo like a skinny person! I hate it! Iv been having problems with my toe oh it's because your fat lose weight and you will fly! I keep getting ringing in my ears oh it's coZ your fat lose weight and the ringing will sound like singing Grrrrr ad worst of all most doctors are fat! Sorry mini rant but that's all I get from my doc so I hate going! but the hotwater and lemon works really well for me to! I have 1 everynight now and never had any problems since! Although I don't use fresh lemon as it was quite expensive! I find the lemon juice in a bottle works just fine for me! =] x good luck

P.s think of your weight loss afte you have gone woo wee :) x

Nine days? I bet you didnt get slimmer of the week for that weigh in!!!

Hi if u want a fast response i recommend,having been in your situation, Lactulose and Senna taken together with a hot drink. Lactulose tastes horrible but in combination with the Senna tablets (1o2 tablets i cant remember) worked quite fast for me. I wouldst plan any trips out though!!! Good luck....

gazter said:
Nine days? I bet you didnt get slimmer of the week for that weigh in!!!

Ha ha no I lost half a pound but the week after I lost 4.5 lol! And everyone was like so what have you done to lose 4.5?? An i just said that I had a few problems the week before and then my C just said "did you have a massive poo??" and I was like ermm little bit! Lol

Btw she knew I was having problems coZ I asked her for advise the week before! De didn't just randomly come out with it! X

stivesliz said:
Ok, I need help and I need help quickly! I am going to write this as politley as possible...........

I can't go to the loo and haven't been properly for 5 days now and I am starting to feel awful.

I went to the pharmacy today and explained my plight, but they really suggested I change my eating habits - despite the fact that I said I drink at least 2 litres of water every day and tons of fruit and veg etc. I found them a bit patronising to be honest.

they did sell me something in a sachet that i mix with water - I took it 6 hours ago and still nothing grrr.

Any suggestions? x:(

For the past few weeks I've been struggling to go but on Friday I made a mushy pea curry OMG so tasty so trumpy too and then on sat morning THE WORLD FELL OUT OF MY BOTTOM lol

Which Pharmacy did you go to? They sound useless. The powder laxative won't work instantly, especially after 5 days, you would need to take it for a few days to have any effect.

Get some Glycerol suppository's, all pharmacies and some supermarkets stock them. Insert 2 - even if it says 1, 2 will be fine as you need 2 if you have not had a movement in that long. When you insert them, do it flat end first, then keep them in as long as possible, you may want to wear a liner incase you get leakage ( I know gross). This will help clear your lower bowel, keep taking the laxatives as you will still need to move from the top too. You may get loose bowels, this isn't necessarily a proper bowel movement, so you may need to still use the powders. 5 days is a long time to go without opening your bowels, so if this doesn't work after a couple more days get to your GP, although try and handle it your self as the GP would need to do a PR on you!

Also I suggest that you keep up with the laxatives for a while after until your bowels are normal again x

I second the suppository suggestion. I use them now and again. The relief felt is amazing. I always keep a box in the cupboard.

when i was at ww my consultant was always telling us we need a small amount of fat in our diet to keep everything moving.

Dandelion tea is also something that works well when you can't go, hot water and lemon will ease any cramps

Get a step for the loo, were supposed to squat to poop so need our knees above our bum level to go properly.
Also for a more or less instant resolution, a pint or two of salt water ( 1 tsp salt to 1 pint if water ) will go through you without stopping. ( there's a reason for the expression "goes through you like a dose of salts")
It doesn't get absorbed by the gut so will "loosen up" anything on the way.
Be warned, don't plan anything for the next few hours after taking it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Get a step for the loo, were supposed to squat to poop so need our knees above our bum level to go properly.
Also for a more or less instant resolution, a pint or two of salt water ( 1 tsp salt to 1 pint if water ) will go through you without stopping. ( there's a reason for the expression "goes through you like a dose of salts")
It doesn't get absorbed by the gut so will "loosen up" anything on the way.
Be warned, don't plan anything for the next few hours after taking it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

It needs to be sea salt to work properly tho, but be careful as it may make you very sick :(

I have the same problem and throughout the day I just drink lemon water. Either fresh squeeze lemon or lemon in a bottle with cold water and that def does the job!lol x

Do lots of exercise on your core/abs ...seriously twenty minutes and I have to run!

Had a Good Read through this Thread..as i too seem to have "Problems in this Area" :eek:

And i thought i was Doing Brill with my Fibre Intake etc..

Loads of Suggestions here so will give a few things a Try :)

Back