A bit of info to share regarding crunch bars

Sauce

Nearly there...
I've seen a few posts around here (mine included!) regarding the carb content of the crunch bars and whether you're able to have more than one a day...

So. I decided to email Cambridge Weight Plan HQ, and am sharing the reply - hope it helps someone or someones!!

ME:

I am wondering if anybody is able to advise regarding conflicting information I have been advised.
>
> I am currently following CWP and am using SS+.
>
> Daily use of packs:
> 2 x Peanut Crunch bar
> 1 x Chocolate Velvet
>
> My CDC has advised me that the carb count in the crunch bars is the same as that of the Tetras.
> I have also been advised that this takes my carb intake for the day over the suggested limit.
>
> Please can someone offer me advice or clarify?

CAMBRIDGE WEIGHT PLAN HQ:
Thank you for your enquiry.
>
> All the Cambridge products have the necessary vitamins and minerals and other trace elements to maintain balanced nutrition and healthy weight loss in any combination, however we do advise that no more than one chocolate bar is consumed within the same day due to them containing more fibre which can affect your stomach. It can also effect some people getting into ketosis.
>
> Can I just check that as you have said you are following sole source plus you are either having an extra product with 200ml of milk or 200kcals meal?
>
> Hope this has helped.
>
Sauce XX

Ahhhh Sauce that's pants :sigh:

Thanks for getting in touch with Cambridge. I guess that it's good to know the official view for definite.

However, I am still hoping that one of the more seasoned Cder's will get back to me on whether 2 bars a day kept her in ketosis. I really really hope so ;)

Ahhhh Sauce that's pants :sigh:

Thanks for getting in touch with Cambridge. I guess that it's good to know the official view for definite.

However, I am still hoping that one of the more seasoned Cder's will get back to me on whether 2 bars a day kept her in ketosis. I really really hope so ;)

It's interesting, as I've had a lot of days with 2 x the peanut bars and am seemingly unaffected... The only problem really is that she didn't really answer my question?! So I have emailed her back being specific again in regards to the carb content. My CDC says they're the same - which they're not as I've had a look at the wrappers!! The point for me is this:

HOW MANY G OF CARBS BEFORE YOU'RE NOT IN KETOSIS...

I'll update you if she replies ;) xx

How many g of carbs until no longer in ketosis is an individual thing. Nobody can say how it will be for you, personally. Everyone's tolerance to carbs is at least slightly different. The only way to find out is to see how it affects you to have the extra bar. If you don't experience any negative side effects then perhaps you will be fine!

Good luck x

How many g of carbs until no longer in ketosis is an individual thing. Nobody can say how it will be for you, personally. Everyone's tolerance to carbs is at least slightly different. The only way to find out is to see how it affects you to have the extra bar. If you don't experience any negative side effects then perhaps you will be fine!

Good luck x

I'm scared to 'find out' incase I knock myself out lol, I can see what u mean about tolerance though... Oh well, was worth asking ;)
I'm going to try three bars tomorrow and will hopefully be ok - worst case I'm a bit :eek:gassy:eek:

Sauce :D X

THREE bars?!! Have you been having 2 bars all along then?

I do not have any peanut bars but I know that the malt toffee has 24.5g carbs per bar. How many carbs are in the peanut bar then?

The peanut ones are within about 2g of the shakes...

LOL :D THREE BARS!! :D Haha. I genuinely love them! x

Ooooh I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely stock up on the peanut bars at my next weigh in. Roll on Tuessday.

I absolutely agree and when i'm on plan and in the right frame of mind, it keeps me going!! The bars are made differently for the crunch ones, I love the peanut, it's saltyish but with chocolate on - I could live on them!! Honestly!! The cranberry I found quite sickly and the mint choc one was a really strange texture - it made me heave :( TMI!!!
I'm going to try 3 all weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon) which is like half a week and I'll decide what to do when I see what my loss is for the week. I tend to average 3lbs when properly on plan, so 3lbs or any more and I WILL be living on them :D
Sauce x

Also, how do you get to buy so many bars? My CWPC will only sell me a maximium of 7 bars and even then she's tutting & umming.

My test I suppose will be hunger, I've never used the Ketostix so don't see a real point with a stone left... I suppose I'll know if I'm knocked out cos I'll be ravenous too.
My CDC offered me the option of 2 bars a day about a month ago when I told her I was thinking of changing plans and having the bar option - LL allowed me 2 bars a day on their lite plan.
I am defo still losing so I can't see that they're having a negative effect on me or knocking me out - the only time I come out is when I knock myself out for planned breaks... x

My test I suppose will be hunger, I've never used the Ketostix so don't see a real point with a stone left... I suppose I'll know if I'm knocked out cos I'll be ravenous too.
My CDC offered me the option of 2 bars a day about a month ago when I told her I was thinking of changing plans and having the bar option - LL allowed me 2 bars a day on their lite plan.
I am defo still losing so I can't see that they're having a negative effect on me or knocking me out - the only time I come out is when I knock myself out for planned breaks... x

This is probably a stupid question, but on which plan are you allowed two bars?

My CDC and I agreed that I am SS/SS+ depending on whether I feel I need food. I tend to do SS+ unless I'm really tired or really busy - these are the times that I'm less likely to eat.

Hmmm as I'm only 1.5 weeks into the CWP, I'm not sure that I can get away with using that tactic.... interesting thoughts though.

I would rather have a shake, 2 bars and lose weight then go back to my old eating habits.... maybe I'll try this argument after all ;)

Sauce, thanks so much for answering all off my queries tonight. I feel that have monpolised you this evening.

Not in the least, I'm on here through choice :D and it's not a support forum without people talking to eachother!! Glad I've given you something to think on, see how you go with it and then decide. When I'm heavily in Ketosis I'll be on 1 bar and 2 shakes - cos at that point I'm just going thru the motions... Some days forcing myself to eat, Or eating out of habit!! Crazy how u can survive on coffee and water. absolutely bizarre in fact!! Anyway, see what works for you and if you want to know about how I get on with stepping up a bar for the 4 days, I'll keep you updated.

I'm more than happy to help or support you whenever I can hun :) xx

Ahh thanks so much for your time & support. I'm really enjoying this forum and the lovely people who frequent it. It makes this CD journey somewhat easier. After all, I need all the help & distraction that I can get.

That's why were all here other than a few of us...! I'll still be poppin online after goal - its important to keep focus isn't it. And I'm goin to be low gi for a few months after goal to stabilize too. I'll keep my carbs down and keep a close eye on all my good (and sometimes painful!) work I've done so far! X

Hiya - I'll answer the question here as you've been waiting so patiently!

I did start using 2 bars, but only the peanut ones and only when I can't make up packs because I'm somewhere where it would be unhygenic (the tetras taste weird to me). It can have a faintly windy effect if you have them too close together.

Ketosis? I don't use the sticks, but I had no problems and lost a perfect average of 3.5lbs across all the weeks I was SSing.

But as Cambridge say, they don't recommend it. I'm a bit naughty...

Back