A Bloke's Diary

Derry

Hello everyone. I read it's a good idea to start a diary in the sticky threads above so here goes...

I'm a 40 something year old bloke and my vitals are 5ft 9, 16st 10lbs, 40 inch waist and 46 inch chest. My clothes look ridiculous as they are XL size and I'm a short arse so nothing really fits properly.

I'm fuming with myself for letting my weight spiral out of control. All entirely my fault of course - I love beer and that is the big killer for me as I drink in the house each night too. With the beer comes the beer munchies and on go the pounds! So, I have taken the first steps to sort myself out and hit the old Lipotrim.

Currently tucking into my first shake - not good but tough luck!

I'm targeting a 66lb weight loss which will be tough and may be unrealistic but you need a goal don't you?

I know there are gonna be bumps along the way but I need to do this for my health. I've got kids and I want to be around for them if you catch my drift.

Good luck to everybody else on the diet.

Here we go!!

Welcome Derry:)

Good luck with Lipotrim and to the new slimmer you.

Best of luck Derry, a loss of 66lbs is not unrealistic at all! I'm sure you'll do great :)

Cheers for the nice replies!

Day 2 today. Headache this morning but that's passed fairly quickly. Not hit the hunger pangs yet and all seems to be going well.

Toughest part of the week will be the fact the chemist only had two chocolate flavour left and I've discovered that although doable, strawberry isn't my preferred choice :)

Gonna try and save my other chocolate until the last one of week 1 as a "treat" then the chemist better have lots of choc in stock!

Due to work, I'm picking up supplies on Saturdays from now on so don't want to get weighed this Saturday as it'll only be 4 days in.

Looking ahead to September, I can see a wobble as its my wife's birthday and my son's birthday a week after that. Not gonna worry just yet as I need to concentrate on getting through week 1 first and foremost.

Wife made cottage pie for tea last night - could have cried :D Managed to get past that too.

So far, so good.

Oops! Just spotted there's a separate forum for diaries - my bad!

Is there a moderator who can move this thread to there? If not no sweat but apologies for the mess up.

Day 3 begins with a splitting headache which I've still got. Had my lunchtime shake and still ok on the hunger pang front.

For all my looking ahead to next month it's escaped my notice it's the weekend. Roll on end of work then back home to the pu.. oh, wait, that's right - not anymore!

Gonna try and keep myself busy and hopefully blast the day and the weekend away. The dog's in for a treat as he's gonna end up getting walked at least twice as far as normal :D

I know it's early days yet, and it might sound daft but I'm actually feeling as though I'm getting slimmer (although the mirror in the lift at work begs to differ).

Took a selfie when I started this and I'm gonna do that once a week so I can see the progress - hopefully act as a bit of motivation and all that.

Hello! Day three and four can be pretty horrible but hang on in there and you'll waken up feeling brilliant. I guarantee it. I found I still struggled with cravings for pretty much the first 2 weeks but didn't actually feel hungry. Now I've got to remind myself to take my shakes as cravings and hunger have disappeared. It's not easy but there are more good days than bad and the results will keep you going week by week.

Best of luck.

Sounds like you're on a roll! You aren't daft, you probably have lost a lot of water weight already which shows from your middle :)

I agree with @WeeDee, the first few days (up to day 5 - ish) are hard but so worth it, once you're past those hard first days, the rest is easy.

Have a nice evening!

You just have to keep that end goal in your mind and how good you know you will feel and look and you will be fine :)

Magic! Thanks as always for the kind words folks.

Day 4 - been to the chemist and got my next set of feed for the week; got plenty of chocolate flavour ones. Didn't weigh in today - as I've mentioned previously although I started Wednesday, because of work I'm buying the shakes and weighing in on a Satruday BUT as I only started Wednesday this week I thought it pointless to get weighed until next Saturday.

Anyway, all good today so far. Didn't have my shake until 1:30 which surprised me as I thought I'd be climbing the walls. Just need to get through tonight so I can prove that I can do a weekend no problem which given the way it's going I'm confident I'll be ok! I've been tired a wee bit since I started (as expected) but feeling a little more energetic today. Got some mouthwash the other day too - my God this stuff does your breath no favours does it?! :D

Right, off for a nice refreshing glass of water - yum yum :)

Good luck everyone.

Day 5 - feeling a little low today but nothing that can't be handled. Glad the weekend is more or less out of the way. All the lads were out in the pub yesterday afternoon and I stayed in. Then the mrs went to our next door neighbour's for a few drinks last night and I stayed in. Normal life continues and I'm on stop. Not criticising anyone for that I hasten to add, it's just times like that it hits you how big a task you have on your hands.

Onto my first strawberry shake of the day. Anyone else find this stuff doesn't dissolve well in a shaker?

I've been adding ice to mine too as I find it seems with just cold water all the shaking seems to warm it up - bleeurgh!

Still, today's another day and we carry on.

Hated the strawberry and vanilla flavours with a passion so tended to stick to chocolate and the occasional flapjack

Day 6 - struggling today. Today's shake made me gag with each mouthful. The smell of the remnants of the shake in my shaker is a combination of sour milk and baby sick as I've not washed it out since finishing it about 25 mins ago. On top of that, despite not being at all hungry I've got a huge craving for "normal" food.

Still, I'm going through all this through my own stupid fault so suck it up and get on with you mard-arse!

No one ever said it was gonna be easy but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Clearly, gonna stick with it and have got to see this through.

See you's tomorrow x

Hi ya Derry! Love the name as that's where I'm from!

Well done so far you've been amazing and I'm sure you can't wait for weigh in! On the gagging I admit first time round I didn't think I'd get past day 2 as I gagged on every shake, realised it was the milkshake texture that makes me sick. I take mine as a mousse and spoon it down with a pint of water on the side? It helps still can be nauseating but it's quick and keeps me from quitting...

Keep going - this bits the hardest it will get easier week 2 will feel loads better

Hey Derry how you getting it today??

Afternoon everyone - bit later than planned as been dead busy.

Thanks as always for the kind words folks and @Joanie - I took the name Derry as that's where my wife is from too! I'm from, and we live in, Manchester. Tough day today as I'm self employed, so if I take time off I don't get paid and my wife & kids have just headed over to Derry for about a week/10 days to see her folks. Gutted I'm not with them as not only will I miss 'em a bundle, but I absolutely love Derry - such a brilliant, brilliant city.

Anyhoo...

Today been easy on the diet so far. Cravings for food are subsiding and I think the fact I'm on my own for a while will make it easier too as I've not got the smell of their cooking to bring on any pangs. No headaches and all seems good. Strawberry shakes are still not my favourite but only one more to go until a week of chocolate shakes!

Good - your positivity is spurring me on.
It will be a help that u don't have food around u.

Ah fabulous I'm from the country but they do say there's nothing like a Derry woman-you'll miss them but it will give you some you time to focus and not get distracted. Your wife will be coming back to a more confident you.

I hated the strawberry and vanilla so brought them back first time round. Are you still feeling queesy or has that passed?

Day 7...

As always, thanks for the support and encouragement.

The bad news - there was another strawberry shake in my new week's feed - grrr!

The good news - it's not half as bad as before and no longer making me gag.

Using 600ml of water seems to dissolve it a little better and the consistency isn't as claggy so I think that's the way forward.

As explained previously, my official weigh in at the chemist is on Saturday but stupidly I've set myself up for a potential all as I've weighed myself on my home scales this morning and not sure how accurate they are plus, how can I put it, I wasn't fully clothed :eek:

If they are accurate I've gone from 16st 10lb to 15st 13lb in my first week.

Buzzin!

That said I also understand the weight loss will decrease over the weeks to a steadier level (ie you don't lose nearly a stone a week every week) from what I've read.

Good energy levels today. Either this week or next gonna introduce some exercise if the energy levels remain like this. I've got an app on my phone for that 7min work out hing plus I really have missed going swimming and now feel like I could reasonably get in the pool again.

On we go :)

Back