A Bloke's Diary

Fabulous and your loss is amazing! And how do I put it I always weigh after my morning shower, every little helps hey my hair is waist length and I may get a trim on a slow weight loss week lol!

Glad the shakes are better for ya and sure take it as you feel best re exercise...

Yeah I'm going to introduce exercise after week 1, I didn't last time as I felt I couldn't but I am determined this time as I'd like to lose as much as I can while on this. Exercise boosts weight loss, but I'd only do it if u feel comfortable.

I introduced on refeed first time but I do an extended refeed I do each day for 4/5 days. Hopefully this time with medication I can add in when I plan to start an amended refeed.

How is day 2 frecklesy? Are you feeling as tired today?

It's going ok. I have been feeling the occasional hunger and iv just had a massive craving for something but I'm just gonna keep chugging water and do some reading. How's day 3?

Grand I've posted on your thread so not to hijack Derry's diary- I'm not too good at that o_O

Ok sorry Derry x

LOL!!! Just noticed I typed this out but didn't send it yesterday so....

Hijack away folks - honestly don't mind! It's great getting good support and if I'm helping you or anyone on the same journey even better!

Day 8 - chocolate shake guzzled and all seems well with the world. Now that 1st week is over I guess it's a case of keeping busy and just ploughing on through. Looking forward to Saturday's weigh in too as I feel like there's a small chance a stone might have gone but not getting too hung up on numbers - just glad to be on the journey to a slimmer and healthier me.

As for keeping busy, our house is spotless! My wife is gonna think I've had a cleaner in by the time she gets back :D - anything to keep busy in that first week was a real God send, even done laundry and all that :)

Anyway, here's to the next 7 days of lipotrim filled fun!

Ok, so now that's sorted (sorry, I'm a right muppet clearly :p)...

Day 9 - all good today, feeling good and decent energy levels. Decided to give this 7 minute workout thing on my phone a go. Looked dead easy until I started it. Exercises are straight forward enough but Christ I was f******g knackered after it!

Anyway, the important thing is, all still good and seems to be going well. Not cheated at all in spite of the cravings and temptations. Looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow just trying to temper my expectations as I don't wanna feel "bloody hell, all that work I've put in and I've not lost what I thought."

See you's tomorrow with the news ;)

Oh my yeah the exhaustion is limiting, good luck for the weigh in and I'm sure you will be impressed when you get your result.

Ps cleaning is an epic distraction..

Well done on an amazing loss so far!! First couple of weeks tend to big looses then it slowes down. Average after the first couple of weeks is a stone a month, so I've been told.
Do you use a hand blender for your shakes? I bought a really cheap on (£7 at tesco) and it makes such a difference.

I bet your family notice a huge difference when they get back. That'll keep you .

Like you I thought id posted the above the other day but it didn't sent tagging this on at the end. Best of luck for tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how you get on.

Showers with exfoliating and righteous butter after twice daily hmmm my Achilles heel!

Good to hear...looking forward to hearing about a great loss tomorrow.

So Day 10...

Been to the chemist and got my supplies in plus it was weigh in day and have officially lost....drum roll.... 5.4kg or in proper money nearly 12lbs!!

Proper pleased with that and a terrific start to my journey. Only 54lbs left to go :p

Feeling great and am tucking into a nice smooth shake blended with the hand blender (thanks for the tip - had one in the house and never even thought about using it, d'oh!). This is starting to feel easier and easier and I know next weigh in the loss will be smaller but am prepared for that. In such a good mood and feeling great!

Good luck everyone and as always, thanks for the great support ;)

Woop woop! Amazing and such an inspiration!

One thing I noticed when I did this before the first week might be big on the scales but the weeks I noticed most in inches and clothing were the smallest loss weeks. Good luck week 2 and watch out for those non scale victories and successes!

Thanks Joanie.

Day 11... all is good in the world. Energy levels are really good. My dog is asleep as he got taken on a two hour walk :D He's happy but not willing to go back out again unless absolutely necessary! Must admit, a couple of hunger pangs today but nothing that can't be handled. Feeling really good and really positive.

Hope you've all had a good weekend and see you tomorrow ;)

Thanks Derry yeah had a lovely one! On the hunger pangs that might been you haven't taken enough water so try to up it, the more you drink the more you shrink...

Day 12...

All good. Gonna drink even more water (as per your tip!) but might be a struggle - drinking 3 and 4 litres a day as it is, maybe I didn't have enough water yesterday with me doing that long walk. Boss is back from his holidays so a bit difficult to get on line during the day hence the late post but the important thing is, like everyone says - this gets easier day by day.

Weekend of 16/09 and 23/09 I'll be taking a couple of days off it but am prepared for salads, light food and absolutely no alcohol to try and limit the damage but am well prepared for whatever comes so not stressing.

Been looking at the BMI charts and whilst I was aiming for 66lbs originally, I'm having a rethink. I started this with a BMI of 34.6 :eek: it has come down as of last weigh in to 32.9 however the ideal for my height is about 21.7 which equates to 10st 7lbs. There is no way on God's green that would be appropriate for me and it would look like I've got a serious wasting disease. That said, it has made me think maybe my target loss should be lower and instead of aiming for 12st I perhaps should aim for 11 or 11 1/2 stone? That would change my goal to either 73 or 80lbs accordingly but not entirely sure if I should be aiming that low or indeed if it would be right for me?

Anyway, food for thought (if you forgive the pun!)

Good luck everyone ;)

I would be cautious with bmi for men, honestly I think man's bmi is at the 25 stage where for a woman the 21/22 mark. Men's bones are denser and they have more muscle so that changes the balance.

Day 13...

Boss is away from his desk so chance for an update.

All Still going great :)

Been looking at BMI again after Joanie's advice. Even at BMI 25 (11.5 st) on the NHS calc, I'd still be towards the top end of the healthy section? It's a real puzzler as I know I'd struggle to maintain that weight and wouldn't look right either.

Anyway, no need to overthink it, just crack on to my original target and see how we go from there is probably the best way forward.

Tomorrow is photo progress day - I took a pick of myself via the mirror in the lift at work at the start of this and I decided to take one each Wednesday I'm on it. The mirror at work is f-----g brutally honest :D so am looking forward to the compare and contrast I can do tomorrow as although you feel it, you don't always see it properly yourself do you?

Good luck ;)

Back