A Bloke's Diary

Day 106 - selfie day!

In terms of diet, still struggling to keep 100% tfr but not piling pounds back on by the same token so not hugely concerned but am a little disappointed with myself.

Finding myself making crappy excuses "too much stress", "too much going on" etc but I'm still very determined to make it all work which is why it will work, just a bit of a rough patch I guess at the mo.

Anyway, selfie... ignore the white plaster on my hand as it is a huge plaster for a small cut :D

Good luck everyone ;)

Last edited:
IMG_2732.JPG

32 waist is amazing my hubby is 32 and there's not a pick on him!!! Well done!

Day 109 :s

Official weigh in this morning puts me on 81.1kg which is a loss of 0.4kg since last official weigh in. Very happy with that considering how I've been struggling this last few weeks.

Blips on the horizon include sis-in-law's birthday this Sunday so a meal is planned. Then I've got bro-in-law's birthday the week after - but that one looks like a big food and booze doo in Ireland :(

Feel bad putting the sad face as I am really looking forward to it as he's a good lad but not looking forward to the interruption as I try and kill out this last part of the diet.

As The Smiths once sang "why is the last mile the hardest mile?"

Anyway, off to the Peak District with Oscar my dog for a good 10km walk so that'll blow away the cobwebs and burn some cals!!

Good luck everyone ;)

Day 109 :s

Official weigh in this morning puts me on 81.1kg which is a loss of 0.4kg since last official weigh in. Very happy with that considering how I've been struggling this last few weeks.

Blips on the horizon include sis-in-law's birthday this Sunday so a meal is planned. Then I've got bro-in-law's birthday the week after - but that one looks like a big food and booze doo in Ireland :(

Feel bad putting the sad face as I am really looking forward to it as he's a good lad but not looking forward to the interruption as I try and kill out this last part of the diet.

As The Smiths once sang "why is the last mile the hardest mile?"

Anyway, off to the Peak District with Oscar my dog for a good 10km walk so that'll blow away the cobwebs and burn some cals!!

Good luck everyone ;)

I think you're fantastic and the only thing I can say is perhaps it's preparation for maintaince as it's hard to be good and stay the same but that's what life is when we come off.

One thing I used to do was pre plan what I would order on a night out so I'd look up the restaurant website and pick a healthy option that way when ordering alcohol wouldn't make me pick something bad. Alcohol wise spirits and slimline tonic or sprite zero are another way to minimise damage done. The next 6 weeks are going to be fraught with temptation so don't be too hard on yourself this is a journey- keep looking at start pics and how far you've come.

Day 113

Doing OK but still struggling to be 100% tfr. Work been incredibly stressful and not been good to be around lately. Looking forward to Ireland on Friday and hoping the break will do me good. Can feel a bit of determination creeping back in and planning to really go for it again come Monday. Gotta shift this last stone and a bit before Christmas!

Anyway, selfie....

Day 113

Doing OK but still struggling to be 100% tfr. Work been incredibly stressful and not been good to be around lately. Looking forward to Ireland on Friday and hoping the break will do me good. Can feel a bit of determination creeping back in and planning to really go for it again come Monday. Gotta shift this last stone and a bit before Christmas!

Anyway, selfie....

Positive mental attitude equals self fulfilling prophecies you believe you will so u do. You will get the stone !

Fantastic work derry - u have done wonderfully well - it's so hard to get back on tracks when u break but once u are aware of ur goals and pitfalls it can motivate u again - I struggled to be ready to try this again but one week down so here's hoping I can stick to it longer

Day 119 - on the plus side, I'm still alive. On the downside I'm still recovering after a weekend of savage alcoholism over in Ireland :D My poor liver is not a happy bunny this morning but is glad it's all over.

After he last wee while of misbehaving and not being 100% tfr, today is the day the last leg of this weight loss journey begins in earnest. I need to shift around 14-20lbs then I'm done and into a proper and sensible re-feed.

Feel great today and got renewed determination and optimism. Have purposely not weighed myself as I dread to think how much has gone back on this weekend but if I get to official weigh in on Saturday and am anything like 12st 10lb I will be more than happy!

Good luck everyone ;)

Good luck Derry
Right here walking the road with you :)

Head back in the game mate you'll get there! It's not about how quick but about feeling better!

Well, fine words from me are all very well and good but utterly worthless unless backed up by actions.

Absolutely lost any semblance of self discipline. Am fine at work and can tfr no problem. Second I get home and my head is in the fridge. Struggling big time to break this current cycle and despite knowing the dangers that come with current behaviour I'm not mentally or physically heeding the warnings. If I'm not careful I'll end up back at square one. I've not weighed myself and am confident I've not put a shed load back on (possibly 7lbs maximum) but certainly on a very rocky road at the moment that if I'm not careful will lead me back to where I've vowed to not go back to.

Need to get a grip big time and have become so bloody complacent it is untrue. Need to work out how to shift that complacency and bloody quick too!

Might have a root through my wardrobe to look at old "big me" clothes to see if that kick starts me again? Looked at old photos too but mind set is "it's alright as I'm miles off that still".

Think I'm at another crossroads but I also know I really, really want to shift another stone (actually more than that now seeing as I've been fecking about) and get into the 11 stone bracket.

Anyway...

Good luck everyone ;)

How did u beat cravings when u first did tfr? Can u use those? Use nasty mouthwash as u pull in the driveway, bed early anything that helps. Fat pic or big knickers on fridge is a total deterant lol

Fat knickers :D Love it!! Thank you and as always great advice. I'll get there it's just gonna take me a little longer than planned.

Weighed myself this morning on home scales and while not brill, I was preparing for a tantrum as I was panicking I'd be back over 13st. Looks like I've got away with it as I'm back up to 12st 12 which while not great has actually give me a boost in the "get back on it you numpt" stakes.

Hopefully I'll keep out the fridge when I get home from work tonight. Feeling all good and positive about it again but we'll see.

Mouthwash at the ready!

Good luck everyone ;)

Fat knickers :D Love it!! Thank you and as always great advice. I'll get there it's just gonna take me a little longer than planned.

Weighed myself this morning on home scales and while not brill, I was preparing for a tantrum as I was panicking I'd be back over 13st. Looks like I've got away with it as I'm back up to 12st 12 which while not great has actually give me a boost in the "get back on it you numpt" stakes.

Hopefully I'll keep out the fridge when I get home from work tonight. Feeling all good and positive about it again but we'll see.

Mouthwash at the ready!

Good luck everyone ;)

I'm telling ya between that and my unflattering day 3 undie pics it's motivation! Get that mouthwash and anytime you think you're struggling gargle!!

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but I'm still not 100% tfr. Shake in the day is no problem. I'm gargling and trying to keep disciplined but it just ain't going my way right now. Thinking I'm gonna finish my current supply of shakes, eat sensibly and restart in Jan? Got so much on with work, plus my little girl's birthday soon then Christmas and New Year it's just gonna be a big mountain to get over.

I know I'm not going back to anything like I used to be. I am not gonna barrel a load of weight back on. I am determined to get below 12st but everything around me at the moment is holding me back from my goal.

I'm gonna keep posting though as I am gonna prove (if I do take this approach) that I'm not all talk.

Bit low today as it feels like an admission of defeat but I know I am gonna do this - just need to readjust my target end date and accept it is what it is.

Good luck everyone ;)

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but I'm still not 100% tfr. Shake in the day is no problem. I'm gargling and trying to keep disciplined but it just ain't going my way right now. Thinking I'm gonna finish my current supply of shakes, eat sensibly and restart in Jan? Got so much on with work, plus my little girl's birthday soon then Christmas and New Year it's just gonna be a big mountain to get over.

I know I'm not going back to anything like I used to be. I am not gonna barrel a load of weight back on. I am determined to get below 12st but everything around me at the moment is holding me back from my goal.

I'm gonna keep posting though as I am gonna prove (if I do take this approach) that I'm not all talk.

Bit low today as it feels like an admission of defeat but I know I am gonna do this - just need to readjust my target end date and accept it is what it is.

Good luck everyone ;)

I've lost over 1.5 stone from coming off its hard but I think you've made the best decision...

Back