A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Yay! Thanks can't wait not even on slimmin world at th min but still like comin on here for recipes and goin back soon so pleased I can enjoy all sorts of lovely curries never made one from scratch so fingers crossed :) x

Just saw recipe and 6.5 is fab thought it would be much higher thank you!

Hi :) glad you liked the recipe. Even I was expecting it to come in a lot higher on syns :D . Do let me know how it comes out, I would love to see some pics. I will be posting up some more recipes very soon. Keep popping in to pick up these new delicious recipes ! :p

Kay xx

42) Chicken Pathia

The Pathia dish originates from Persia. I have managed to source the recipe for you. I hope u like it :) ! x

Ingredients:

For the sauce

[*]1 large onion chopped
[*]1 tbsp garlic minced
[*]1 tbsp ginger minced
[*]1 tsp coriander powder
[*]1 tsp paprika
[*]1 tsp turmeric
[*]1 x 400g can plum tomatoes
[*]250 ml water

For the Pathia

[*]1 large onion chopped
[*]1 tbsp ex v olive oil (HE-B)
[*]1 green pepper chopped
[*]1 tsp garlic minced
[*]1 tsp ginger minced
[*]1 tsp cumin powder
[*]1 tsp coriander powder
[*]1 tsp cinnamon powder
[*]1 tsp salt
[*]2 tsp cayenne pepper
[*]1 handful coriander chopped
[*]1 tbsp white wine vinegar
[*]2 tbsp sweetner
[*]red food colouring - just a dash
[*]4 chicken breasts cubed
[*]250 ml chicken stock

Method

[*]

[*]Begin making the sauce by frying the minced garlic in the olive oil, add minced ginger, coriander powder, paprika and turmeric for about a minute to release the flavours.
[*]Add the onions and fry for a further 10 minutes.
[*]Add the tomatoes and water and simmer for approximately 1 hour until the mixture is thick and most of the water has evaporated. Blend the mixture until it becomes thick and velvety.
[*]Begin to make the curry by frying the onion, green pepper, minced garlic, minced ginger, cumin powder and coriander powder for around 10 minutes.
[*]Add the sauce you prepared earlier, along with the chicken stock, cinnamon powder, cayenne pepper, white wine vinegar, sweetner, red food coloring and salt to taste. Give everything a good mix and add the chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the chopped coriander.
[*]Simmer for another 20 minutes until the curry has reduced. Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander.

Serve with steamed basmati rice .

Enjoy :) !! xx

Thankyou very much!! Will be trying this Friday! :) xx

Thankyou very much!! Will be trying this Friday! :) xx

Your welcome hun. :) Glad you found it ! Would love to see some pics when your done . :D

Kay xx

55) Green Chutney – 3 Ways

One of India’s most famous chutney’s. You can make it and freeze it and use later. It’s great with starters such as samosas or with poppadoms and can add that extra punch to any meal ! Best of all it can be used in 3 different ways !

(55) Green Chutney.jpg (click on pic to enlarge)

Syn Free on all plans.

Ingredients for the Green Chutney (Concentrate):

1 large bunch of fresh coriander chopped up coarsley (remove stems)
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
2 Jalapeno Chilies
3 tbsp of lemon juice

3 tbsp water
½ inch cube of ginger
1 level tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp olive oil = (HE-B)
1 tsp sweetener
Pinch of hing (asafetida)

Method:

In a blender, blend everything together except the fresh coriander bunch. Blend for about 30 seconds, then add in the mint leaves and coriander bunch (make sure you have removed the stems, keep leaves only) a little at a time, not all at once. Blend a little and keep adding in stages until it’s all in and reduced down to a paste (blend for approx 1 minute). If it is not blending well and thickens up, you may add 1 or 2 tbsps of water to thin it down to the right consistency of a sauce (but not too runny). Empty the green chutney concentrate out into a plastic container with a lid.

Use the green chutney concentrate in the following 3 ways below. The remainder can be kept in the freezer and used later when needed.

3 Ways
1 Green Chutney Yogurt Dip – syn free

Ideal with SW chips or wedges, also with vegetables.

2 tbsp green chutney concentrate
2 tbsp of Total fat free greek yogurt
Adjust salt to taste
mix together to make your syn free green chutney yogurt dip!

2 Green Chutney Sandwich Spread –syn free

Ideal as a sandwich spread or on crackers or crispbreads.

2 tbsp Quark
1 tbsp green chutney concentrate
Adjust salt to taste
Mix together to make your syn free green chutney sandwich spread !

3 Green Chutney Salad Dressing –3 syns per serving (Serves 4)

Ideal to go with all types of salads.

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil = 12 syns
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp green chutney concentrate
Adjust salt to taste
Mix together to make your green chutney salad dressing !

Enjoy !! :)
xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone :),

I have been away for a while, but I'm catching up now with all your requests ! I will be posting up some new recipes this week. So keep checking in for some more delicious delights !! :p

Kay xx

Hi everyone :),

Just an update from me. I will be going into hospital this week for an operation. I will be off for a while, perhaps 4-6 weeks for my recovery. I hope during that time you enjoy making my recipes. As soon as I am fit and healthy I will be back with some more culinary delights for you all ! Until then happy cooking ! :D and I wish you all the best of luck on your weightloss journeys !

Kay xx

Hi Kay

I only found your thread today (I'm new) but I have really enjoyed reading all your recipes.

I am sorry you have to have an operation and I wish you well over the coming weeks.

I'll be sure to post pictures of any recipes I make - thank you for all the effort you have put in to the thread.

April x

These look fantastic! Looking forward to trying some of these! x

Hi Rachel, glad your liking the recipes :p . Let me know if you have any requests, I'll be happy to post them up for you.

Kay xx

Not sure if its already on here have you got a recipe for,,,
Chicken madras
&
Garlic chicken chilli balti
Please X

Hi Katie, here it is :- :)

21) Chicken Madras

(21) Chicken Madras.jpg (click on pic to enlarge)

Serves 4

Syn Free on Red and EE (Green using Quorn chicken style pieces)

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts cubed
1 large onion finely chopped
1 x 400g tin chopped plum tomatoes
5 tbsp tomato paste
4 dried red chillies chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ cup of water
150ml of water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (not leaves)
2 green cardamoms (split open)
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp garam masala
6-7 dry curry leaves
1 tbsp ex v olive oil (HE b choice)
frylight

Method

Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes to seal it on low medium heat. Once the chicken is nicely brown, remove it from the pan in a separate dish and set aside. Now spray the pan with frylight, add the onions, ¼ tsp salt, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and fry for about 5 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Now add the chopped dried red chillies, turmeric, chilli and black pepper powder, and the split cardamoms, ¼ cup of water and stir fry on low heat for 5 minutes until water dries. Now add the tomato paste and the tin tomatoes, mix well, increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and let the sauce simmer gently for 10 minutes (with the lid off). After 10 minutes, add 150ml of water and add in the chicken, stir well, now cover and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Now add in the lime juice, curry leaves and garam masala, salt to taste, mix well and leave to simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes. Now turn off the heat and give it one last stir. Garnish with fresh coriander. Your Chicken Madras is ready to eat !

Last edited:
Not sure if its already on here have you got a recipe for,,,
Chicken madras
&
Garlic chicken chilli balti
Please X

Katie the Balti recipe I have is using beef but you can use 1kg of diced chicken instead. But for the cooking time, cook the chicken for 30 mins on med low not 2 hours like the beef. The balti has chilli and garlic in the ingredients aleady. Hope you like the recipe :).

Kay xx

22) Balti
(22) Balti.jpg (click on pic to enlarge)

Serves 4-6

Syn Free on Red and EE

Ingredients

1kg Beef cut into large cube size pieces
1 400g tin of chopped plum tomatoes
2 large onions finely chopped
2 tbsp crushed garlic
1 inch cube of ginger finely cut into thin strips
3-4 green chillies (whole)
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 cups of water
1 tbsp ex v olive oil (HE b choice)
Frylight
3-4 black peppercorns
½ tsp corriander seeds
½ tsp fennel seeds
3-4 bayleaves
1 medium cinnamon stick
juice of 1 lemon
2 stalks of spring onion finely chopped
½ green bell pepper finely chopped
fresh coriander to garnish

Method

Wash and then cut your beef into cube size pieces. In a large saucepan, add the beef, onions, garlic, ginger,chillies and tinned tomatoes. Now add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1tsp red chilli flakes, turmeric powder, curry powder, black pepper powder, 3 cups of water and stir. Now cover the lid and on medium heat (not too high) allow to boil for 2 hours. During the 2 hours keep checking in between and stirring, so the masala does not stick to the bottom of the pan. After 2 hours, once the beef is done boiling turn off the heat.

For the second stage of this dish you will need a Karahi or Balti Pan which is like an Indian Wok or you can use a normal wok. If you don’t have a wok, you can use a frying pan, but you may have to work in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan.

In the wok heat the olive oil on medium heat. For this process extra oil may be needed to avoid the curry sticking to the wok, so keep your frylight handy. Add the blackpeppercorns, corriander seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon stick and stir. Now gently add all of the beef . Stir fry the beef for 3 minutes, spray some frylight also if the mixture starts to stick. Now add the lemon juice. Keep stir frying for a few minutes until all the water dries up and the beef is coated in a nice thick rich sauce. Now add your finely chopped spring onions and bell pepper, mix well. Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve. Your Balti is ready to eat !

Last edited:
Back