A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

sending you lots of love and hugs.... I know it is difficult for you because of your health and just wanted you to know how inspiring you are :clap::happy096::clap:

sending you lots of love and hugs.... I know it is difficult for you because of your health and just wanted you to know how inspiring you are :clap::happy096::clap:

aahh thanks so much. I am feeling a little better thanks. I hope you are doing well too.

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

Hi Kay just popping by to give ((hugs)) x

Thanks Sheila. I am feeling so bloated with all these meds. It's like my time of the month all month round ! :D Can't use that excuse even ! I feel like i'm carrying 2-3 lbs more than there is food in my stomach. Maybe the meds are giving me water retention in my body. God knows. But I gained 2 lbs this week so not a happy bunny. I hope all this bloating stops soon. Hope your doing well.

Kay xx

Thanks Sheila. I am feeling so bloated with all these meds. It's like my time of the month all month round ! :D Can't use that excuse even ! I feel like i'm carrying 2-3 lbs more than there is food in my stomach. Maybe the meds are giving me water retention in my body. God knows. But I gained 2 lbs this week so not a happy bunny. I hope all this bloating stops soon. Hope your doing well.

Kay xx

Could they maybe give you something for the water retention?

How are you feeling today honey :hug99:

Kay xx

Awww no Kay sorry to hear that hun - what they got you on? x

Hi everyone :),

I have been a bit under the weather recently so have not posted any new recipes for a while. I hope to have some new ones up very soon for you all. In the meantime if you have any requests, let me know and I will do my best to post them up soon. Happy cooking ! :p

Kay xx

Hi everyone :),

I have been a bit under the weather recently so have not posted any new recipes for a while. I hope to have some new ones up very soon for you all. In the meantime if you have any requests, let me know and I will do my best to post them up soon. Happy cooking ! :p

Kay xx

I have a request...... Feel better soon honey x

Wow fantastic thread-I confess I haven't read all the way thru but I will very soon-are all the recipes syn free ??

Hi everyone :), I have been a bit under the weather recently so have not posted any new recipes for a while. I hope to have some new ones up very soon for you all. In the meantime if you have any requests, let me know and I will do my best to post them up soon. Happy cooking ! :p Kay xx

Hope you feel better soon. I would love a recipe for Chicken Palek. I had this in a restaurant a few months ago and it was delicious. Thanks

No not all are syn free but they're not high either :)

Thanks I thought it was too good to be true but couldn't see any syn values-probably me being blonde LOL

Haha we all have our blonde moments u could probably make them completely syn free but can't imagine them tastin as good lol keep meanin to try them then forget for a while then when I remember I've normally already been shoppin lol

Wow fantastic thread-I confess I haven't read all the way thru but I will very soon-are all the recipes syn free ??

Hi Glad your liking the recipes. Some of the recipes are syn free and some have a few. I have listed them at the top of each recipe and the portion sizes. If there is any in particular that you like and can't find the syn value just post me a note on here and I will let you know, but i'm pretty sure I have listed them all :).

Kay xx

Hope you feel better soon. I would love a recipe for Chicken Palek. I had this in a restaurant a few months ago and it was delicious. Thanks

Hi :), chicken palek is also known as chicken saag. Palek and Saag both mean spinach. So I have already done a chicken and spinach dish, it's recipe no.36. I am reposting it for you. Enjoy !!

Kay xx

36) Chicken Saag (Spinach)

(click on pic to enlarge)

Serves 4-6

Syn Free on all plans (Green using Quorn style Chicken pieces)

Ingredients

1 kg fresh spinach
1 kg boneless chicken cubed
1 large onion finely chopped
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 greenchillies deseeded and diced
1 large tomato chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp cuminseeds
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp nutmeg powder
¼ tub of Quark (62.5g)
4 cloves
2 green cardamoms
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp fenugreek leaves
1 tbsp Ex V Olive Oil (HE-B)

Method

In a large frying pan, spray with fry light, add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes to seal it on low medium heat. Once the chicken is nicely brown, remove it from the pan and in a separate dish set aside. In a large saucepan boil some water. Now add the spinach and allow to boil for 2 mins. Drain the spinach and put inside a blender. Blitz to form a paste and set aside for use later.

In another large saucepan, on medium flame, add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, add the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon stick and ½ tsp cumin seeds, stir for one minute. Now add the 2 cloves of garlic, now add the finely chopped onion, now brown the onions slightly and add ½ tsp of salt, keep stirring for 5 minutes until the onions have browned. Now add 1 tbsp of gingergarlic paste, add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder, add 1 chopped tomato, keep stirring until the tomatoes and onions combine into a paste like mixture. Now add 1 tsp cumin powder, and 1 tsp coriander powder, add ½ tsp red chili powder, now add 1tsp fenugreek leaves, add 2 green chilies diced.

Now add the spinach paste from the blender to the pan. Keep stirring and cooking the spinach with the lid off for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Allow some of the water to dry so the sauce is nice and thick. Now add the chicken to the pan and lower the heat and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Now add ¼ tub of quark and mix well. Cover the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes. Now turn off the heat. Adjust salt to taste. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.

Serve with steamed basmati rice.

Enjoy !! :)

Last edited:
Hi :), chicken palek is also known as chicken saag. Palek and Saag both mean spinach. So I have already done a chicken and spinach dish, it's recipe no.36. I am reposting it for you. Enjoy !! Kay xx

Thank you so much. I wondered if that was the same as chicken Palek. Going it try it next week.

Siobhan x

Back