A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Hi Kay hope you are doing well xxx

This is the curry I made from the Extra Easy Cookbook. I've not done SW for over 3 yrs so not even sure if they still sell it?? But here's the recipe (and my tweeks). I served it with Indian Spiced Caramelized Cabbage. Enjoy!!

Kheema Curry:
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
pinch of cayenne
1lb ground turkey (or whatever meat you like)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
small container of mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
small bag (7oz) sugar snap peas, trimmed
large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice

1) In a heavy pan, saute the onion in a little oil until it softens. Add the garlic, spices, and ground turkey. Cook over high heat for 4-5 mins.

2) Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms & carrots. Season well with salt & pepper, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

3) Add the sugar snap peas, cover and simmer for a further 15-20 mins. Allow to sit for 10 mins. Add the lemon juice and fresh cilantro. (remove the cardamom pods)

Indian Spiced Cabbage:
1 tbsp coconut or olive oil (6 syns)
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp. turmeric
pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 head of cabbage, cored, sliced thinly, then chopped
2 any color peppers, chopped
1/2 lemon, juice
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Heat oil in a very large skillet or wok. Add the spices and stir until fragrant, a minute or two. Then add half the cabbage. Stir for about five minutes until starting to wilt. Then add everything else, cooking for about 20-30 minutes until the cabbage becomes caramelized. It should start to brown a bit. Once it has the texture you want and the volume has decreased significantly, then it is ready to serve. Add salt, taste, and add more if you like.

Attachments

• 2014-01-10 18.50.15.jpg
    2014-01-10 18.50.15.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 180
Hello honey.... lovely new additions x

Hi bloodcoveredprincess :),

I am a bit behind with this thread so am just updating. Glad you liked the new additions. I will be adding some more very soon.

Kay xx

Oooh love curries will be trying these! !!

Glad your liking the recipes. Do let me know if you have any requests, I will try my best to post them up. Will be updating with some new recipes very soon.

Kay xx

Love my currys so many thanks for this thread, cant wait to try them :)

Your welcome :) ! I hope you enjoy cooking them too. Would love to see some pics !

Kay xx

Yummy curry will deffo be trying the recipe

Glad you've liked the recipes. Will be posting some more up very soon !

Kay xx

Fab thread Kay, ive also subscribed.

The keema rice sounds gorgeous. Many months ago, I had a keema curry with ordinary rice, can your keema rice be tweeked just to make it as curry using the spices?

Hi, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.

Yes you can make the recipe as a keema curry without the rice that will be fine. You might want to adjust the spices to slightly less quantities since there is no rice so the portion will be less. Also I have a fab keema curry recipe on here, you can also follow that, it's with potato and peas and it's yummy. Recipe No.48 on page 13. Hope this helps :) .

Kay xx

WOW, my day just got a hole lot better, Thank you for the amazing thread :D

Your most welcome ! :) Glad you've liked the thread. If you have any requests, let me know and I will try my best to post them up.

Kay xx

Lovely to see you back in full swing x

Hi Kay003

This is as fantastically well written thread. Thanks so much for taking the time to add all those tricks and tips!

Ahhhh thanks :). I have been away for a while, but it's great to come back to all this appreciation, it really motivates me to keep going. I love cooking the slimming world way and I love Indian food (grown up on it :p ) . So it was a great chance for me to share my passion for cooking Indian cuisine and all my recipes. So far there are 60 recipes on the thread. The contents page is on the 1st page of this thread, or you can click on the link in my signature. All the recipes are listed with the relevant page numbers. If you have any queries regarding the recipes, do let me know, I will do my best to answer them. All the recipes state the serving size and syns at the top. Hope this helps :p !

Kay xx

This is the curry I made from the Extra Easy Cookbook. I've not done SW for over 3 yrs so not even sure if they still sell it?? But here's the recipe (and my tweeks). I served it with Indian Spiced Caramelized Cabbage. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with everyone on this thread :) . I love keema curry, I make it on green days with quorn mince its yum !

Kay xx

Lovely to see you back in full swing x

Thanks bloodcoveredprincess, glad to be back :). I have started my own diary, the link is in my signature. Do pop in to say hi :p .

Kay xx

Can't wait to try this ? my favourite curry ? has anybody made it?

I'm not sure if your asking about the keema (mince meat) curry but if you are, its a popular indian dish in most restaurants. It can be made on its own or you can add potatoes and peas to it. It can be made on green days also using quorn mince. It's recipe no.48 on page 13 of this thread. Hope this helps :).

Kay xx

Back