• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A complete newbie

joannelut

S: 17st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hello everyone, I am starting tomorrow, I have got a weeks trial pack and I am
Looking forward to trying everything. I have a question or two - how do you know when you are in Ketosis ? And how much has everyone lost in total, I have around 60 lbs to loose in total - my daughter is getting married next year and I would like to be a lot slimmer than I am now - I look forward to speaking to you all during our journey - I have already enjoyed reading some of your diaries X X

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Darcy15

This is my year
S: 19st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 41 Loss: 4st0lb(21.05%)
Hello and welcome :)

I have lost 53 lbs since January 4th.......but have a significant amount still to go :rolleyes:

The level of ketosis, and what 'symptoms' are experienced vary from person to person

.....for me, it was a bit of a headache and feeling cold after about 5 days on Exante

I like all the hot meals, and don't have the shakes or bars - my preference :)

I feel fine on TS, and am enjoying finally being in control around food :D

Good luck with your journey :)

bexster1974

Silver Member
S: 19st3.0lb C: 18st0.0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 1st3lb(6.32%)
Hello and welcome, I was about 10 days getting into ketosis and feeling good, I had a headache and felt very light headed/dizzy but that soon passes! I've lost 30lbs in 8 weeks, I started 1st March so not bad x

MrsN

Silver Member
S: 17st13lb C: 17st4lb G: 9st10lb Loss: 0st9lb(3.59%)
Hi and welcome to the group.
I think I got into ketosis pretty quickly as I only felt grotty for a couple of days.
I've lost 25lb in 6 weeks. Not as much as I'd have liked but it's coming off which is the main thing.
Good luck!!

joannelut

Tomorrows menu is vanilla shake, strawberry jam, yogurt crunch bar, and spaghetti bolognese. I am feeling quite confident I just need to remember to drink plenty of water.

MrsN

Silver Member
Drinking the water can be hard work some days! I aim for a litre inbetween each pack.
Are you having 4 packs per day?

Spinoza

Never give up
S: 18st12lb C: 17st11lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 1st1lb(5.68%)
Good luck Joanne. I've lost 22lbs in 4 weeks - might have been a bit more if I hadn't lost track a bit this last weekend, LOL. Keep posting here, it really does help. I took about 5 days to get into ketosis, but probably about 10 days before I didn't feel hungry. I still want to eat 4 weeks in, but it's more mind and less matter now, IYKWIM! :)

joannelut

So far so good, I will have my spag Bol later - I am sat here with a mug of oxo - I don't think I have drunk enough water yet - hope you have all had a good day

Spinoza

Never give up
S: 18st12lb C: 17st11lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 1st1lb(5.68%)
Good woman. You know I completely forgot about the bouillon option - off to make a nice mug before bed!! :very_drunk:

joannelut

Just a quickie - I really enjoyed the Spag Bol, that can go on my list for re ordering - good night everyone X

joannelut

Day 2, woke up feeling good, I am having mint chocolate shake, raspberry and chocolate chip bar and the indian curry and rice for tea. Lots of water today and a coupe of coffees later. I have a wedding party to go to on saturday night but I think i will be ok and stay away from the buffet but what can I drink - water will be fine but i cant have diet coke can I as it has citric acid in it. so does anyone have any suggestions. Also the weekend after I have my daughters birthday BBQ and we are taking her out the day after which will include lunch out - I didnt really want to eat 'normal food' so soon into this diet - what would be my best options, I was thinking of plain chicken breast and salad with no dressing - thanks in advance, i hope you al have a great Exante day x x x x x

Darcy15

This is my year
Well done :)

I drink slimline tonic when I've been out, but I don't think the odd glass of Diet Coke will do any harm - though I think Coke Zero is actually allowed as it doesn't have citric acid in it

The choice of chicken and salad sounds a good one. Life goes on, and often involves food, so making sensible choices is the key

.....both now and for long term weight control :D

joannelut

Well done :)

I drink slimline tonic when I've been out, but I don't think the odd glass of Diet Coke will do any harm - though I think Coke Zero is actually allowed as it doesn't have citric acid in it

The choice of chicken and salad sounds a good one. Life goes on, and often involves food, so making sensible choices is the key

.....both now and for long term weight control :D

Thank you for that, I also thought a piece of salmon as I absolutely love fish especially salmon

joannelut

Update on todays meals, I wasn't fussed on the mint chocolate shake, but the raspberry and white chocolate bar and the indian curry were really nice, they will defy be on my reorder list. I went to tesco with my hubby for him to pick up a few things and I love cherry coke, i looked at the ingredients on a can of coke zero and a can of cherry coke zero and they are the same, so i am guessing 1 can a day of that is ok - I have had at least 3 litres of fluid today and i feel ok - very cold all day and tonight a little light headed but apart from that its ok - i hope you have all had a good and focused exact day.

Darcy15

This is my year
Well done :D

The first few days are the hardest......get past them, and it does get much easier :)

joannelut

bexster1974

Silver Member
S: 19st3.0lb C: 18st0.0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 1st3lb(6.32%)
Have a great day x

MrsN

Silver Member
Yeah cherry Coke Zero will be fine. I would kill for a Diet Coke though but worry it will bring me out of ketosis.
You're doing great - if you can get through these next few days you'll be fine - the first 3/4 days are the hardest!